Foxe's Book of Martyrs

BUT HEY!!!! At least the Roman Catholic Church and it's governmental lackeys don't generally MURDER people that get in their way any more. At least THAT'S "Progress".
There is a book about the murder of Pope John Paul 1. I'm not sure about the name as it's been at least 10 years ago that I read it, but I'm sort of thinking it was called "In God's Name" and I believe the authors last name was Yallop. Anyways, it's a real eye-opener about the "murders" of people and popes who "get in their way." Very enlightening!

This book is Protestant propaganda that was written more as a polemic against Catholicism than as an accurate story of the martyrdoms experienced by Christians.
What a totally ignorant thing to say! And so very Roman Catholic of you. Thanks for exhibiting that Roman Catholicism is still alive in it's godless "church."
Would you give up your life and be hideously put to death for the beliefs found in God's Word - the Holy Bible?

Bob Carabbio said:
BUT HEY!!!! At least the Roman Catholic Church and it's governmental lackeys don't generally MURDER people that get in their way any more. At least THAT'S "Progress".

Not yet. give it time.
Leonard it won't be Rome this timearound

See the story of Ahaz and Jessie-Bella

Isaiah 14:28
In the year that king Ahaz died was this burden.
Rejoice not thou, whole Palestina,
because the rod of him that smote thee is broken:
for out of the serpent's root shall come forth a cockatrice,
and his fruit shall be a fiery flying serpent.

Most of the martyrs where Catholics.
factually false
and your presupposition that every Christian was Cathodic prior tot he Reformation is also false

Chapter IV -- Papal Persecutions
Chapter V -- An Account of the Inquisition
Chapter VI -- An Account of the Persecutions in Italy, Under the Papacy
Chapter VII -- An Account of the Life and Persecutions of John Wickliffe
Chapter VIII -- An Account of the Persecutions in Bohemia Under the Papacy
Chapter IX -- An Account of the Life and Persecutions of Martin Luther
Chapter X -- General Persecutions in Germany
Chapter XI -- An Account of the Persecutions in the Netherlands
Chapter XII -- The Life and Story of the True Servant and Martyr of God, William Tyndale
Chapter XIII -- An Account of the Life of John Calvin
Chapter XIV -- Prior to the Reign of Queen Mary I
Chapter XV -- An Account of the Persecutions in Scotland During the Reign of King Henry VIII
Chapter XVI -- Persecutions in England During the Reign of Queen Mary
Chapter XVII -- Rise and Progress of the Protestant Religion in Ireland; with an Account of the Barbarous Massacre of 1641
Chapter XVIII -- The Rise, Progress, Persecutions, and Sufferings of the Quakers
Chapter XIX -- An Account of the Life and Persecutions of John Bunyan

“One of the greatest tragedies of life is the murder of a beautiful theory by a gang of brutal facts.” — Benjamin Franklin

There is a book about the murder of Pope John Paul 1. I'm not sure about the name as it's been at least 10 years ago that I read it, but I'm sort of thinking it was called "In God's Name" and I believe the authors last name was Yallop. Anyways, it's a real eye-opener about the "murders" of people and popes who "get in their way." Very enlightening!
You got it correct. The book came out in 1984. It created a bit of a stir, from what I remember.

Bob Carabbio said:

Leonard it won't be Rome this timearound

See the story of Ahaz and Jessie-Bella

Isaiah 14:28​
In the year that king Ahaz died was this burden.
Rejoice not thou, whole Palestina,
because the rod of him that smote thee is broken:
for out of the serpent's root shall come forth a cockatrice,
and his fruit shall be a fiery flying serpent.
PSST!! IT NEVER WAS ROME!!!

It always been the satanic force behind ROME.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places". (Eph 6:12)

Back