Free from what?

TomFL

What is "photoshopped" are my reactions. My scriptural answers you've ignored and provided copy-pasted nonsense.
Sorry I ignored nothing and provided scriptural reasons for rejecting your view

and dismissing them as nonsense apart from scriptural analysis is not how one goes about proving biblical truth

This is what i am talking about

bald denials, Photoshopped images , ad hominen are not proper responses to scripture

Septextura

Sorry I ignored nothing and provided scriptural reasons for rejecting your view

and dismissing them as nonsense apart from scriptural analysis is not how one goes about proving biblical truth

This is what i am talking about

bald denials, Photoshopped images , ad hominen are not proper responses to scripture

Yet multiples here have told you the same as I have.

Sethproton

So we need an additional revelation from God to believe the gospel. Got any scripture to support this? What sort of additional information did you receive when you came to believe the gospel?

revelation
/rɛvəˈleɪʃ(ə)n/
noun
1. a surprising and previously unknown fact that has been disclosed to others.
2. the divine or supernatural disclosure to humans of something relating to human existence.
I am with Tom on this. He asked you many times how Lydia was a worshipper before God opened her heart, I know you see his question, I wonder why you ignore it.

Maybe I am confused because of the erratic nature of these threads over time, but I don't recall that anyone thought that opening Lydia's mind was the same as supernatural revelation. After I post, I'll have to go back thru the thread and see where that idea comes from.
I had told you what the Greek word translated opened meant. It had nothing to do with mystical revelation.

Last edited:

Septextura

I am with Tom on this. He asked you many times how Lydia was a worshipper before God opened her heart, I know you see his question, I wonder why you ignore it.

Maybe I am confused because of the erratic nature of these threads over time, but I don't recall that anyone thought that opening Lydia's mind was the same as supernatural revelation. After I post, I'll have to go back thru the thread and see where that idea comes from.

You are confused.

Reformedguy

Did He beg for permission to open her heart?

Sethproton

You mean you did this three times

answer what came first
Just my opinion Tom, but I think it is more productive for the lurkers if you just keep answering his questions every time he asks even if he refuses to comment on what you have asked. It keeps the ideas clearer and demonstrates truth over and over.
And at the same time we can keep trying to get them to look at what they avoid.
But whatever works for you is what you need to do

Septextura

Really? Then can you point me back to where Tom or I claimed that opening lydia's heart meant giving her supernatural revelation?
I'd like to go back and look at that and see what the context was.
Thanks

The search function is your friend.

TomFL

Just my opinion Tom, but I think it is more productive for the lurkers if you just keep answering his questions every time he asks even if he refuses to comment on what you have asked. It keeps the ideas clearer and demonstrates truth over and over.
And at the same time we can keep trying to get them to look at what they avoid.
But whatever works for you is what you need to do
Ok i will consider

i think it important however to note when scripture is being ignored

Sethproton

The search function is your friend.
Ok, I looked again. I think it was a post i had not read yet, post 498. Tom says she was given revelation.
In the context of the passage on Lydia, I would not use that term, but i would guess that Tom used it to mean understanding.

You are using it to mean supernatural revelation.

civic

How could she believe something that she had not heard and thereby could not understand?
She had to first be instructed in the truth, so she could RESPOND.
not quite as usual you are always full of 1/2 truths which is the mark of the deceiver. Only the Spirit in a man can understand the things of the spirit and salvation is 100% spiritual, when one becomes born again by His spirit from the dead.

next.......................................

Sethproton

Did He beg for permission to open her heart?
That's not what the ambassadors of Christ beg for on His behalf. They don't beg for permission for anything. They beg for people to be reconciled to the truth and to God.
It should be noted that there would be no reason to beg them to be reconciled if there was nothing they had to do

Last edited:

Sethproton

Did what? Make Lydia believe the gospel?
My gosh, guy. You are like a fish being landed on a dock. You jump any and every way you can to avoid dealing honestly with scripture and logic.
Are you doing it unconsciously? Or is it deliberate?
The verse does not claim and no one has said that God MADE her believe the gospel. It says that God opened her mind to the truth, which then she could RESPOND to,

Sethproton

Lydia needed to become a partaker of the New Covenant because the Old Covenant had passed away for her. When I listen to Messianic Jews, they talk about having became 'Completed Jews'; Lydia needed to be completed. While under the Old Covenant, was she or was she not Indwelt by the Holy Ghost?
No one was indwelt by the Holy Sprit until the promise of the Father was given at pentecost.