Free will infinite regression problem

So the things he did do he had no desire to do? Is that what your saying?

More like what Paul is saying.

For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. (Rom. 7:15 NKJ)

Again illustrating my point that the whole concept of slavery requires a free will to enslave—without a subdued independent will, the concept is incoherent.

Would you say Jesus was not compelled/impelled by his Nature? That's what Dizerner said. I would say Jesus is always compelled by his Nature, and expect you and Dizerner to agree...

Some times you shouldn't be in the Amen-Corner when you don't really agree. I'm not always in my Camp's Amen-Corner. I don't think Dizerner is even in his own Amen-Corner...

Do you think people on other Forums would think i'm crazy?

I think Civic is in a kind of flux right now in between beliefs.

Give him time to keep sorting it out.

For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. (Rom. 7:15 NKJ)

Again illustrating my point that the whole concept of slavery requires a free will to enslave—without a subdued independent will, the concept is incoherent.
I'd have to agree with that...

But I don't think any Calvinist looks at people as God's puppets. So in a way, might this be a Strawman to say Calvinists believe people have absolutely no Freedom of the Will?

I'd have to agree with that...

But I don't think any Calvinist looks at people as God's puppets. So in a way, might this be a Strawman to say Calvinists believe people have absolutely no Freedom of the Will?

If I embrace doublespeak, are you obligated to go along with me?

If I play the flute, do you have to dance? If I sing a dirge do you have to mourn?

I'll let you in on a hint. Most Calvinists are really Arminians in practical life.

Shh. Don't tell anyone.

If I embrace doublespeak, are you obligated to go along with me?

If I play the flute, do you have to dance? If I sing a dirge do you have to mourn?

I'll let you in on a hint. Most Calvinists are really Arminians in practical life.

Shh. Don't tell anyone.
Arminianism and Calvinism are closer than anyone thinks; and closer than most will allow. This is one reason I'll be the last to leave Calvinism, though most Forum Members probably thought I would be the first; but I wasn't...

Last edited:
I know y'all are glad i'm here. I probably would be a hit on other platforms too. But I did get kicked off the Society of Evangelical Arminians Forum back in the day. I kept violating their rules. Imagine that! Big ol' me, violating a Forum's rules on purpose. I got one of their Posters to believe something I said; and I was a Goner...

I got kicked of a Mormon forum (I think it was FARMS) back in the day. A Mormon kept on personally attacking me, and I sent her a pm telling her that if she continued, I was going to block her. She reported my pm, and I got permabanned for "threatening" a poster. "Threatening" to block her. Wow.

So slaves are slaves willingly??

Slavery requires a free will. Is that your premise?

So slaves are slaves willingly??

Slavery requires a free will. Is that your premise?

I am not asserting that the slavery is chosen or desired—to say someone went into it not "willingly" implies their will was against or overcome by the bondage.

Things without free wills cannot be enslaved, they just follow laws.

I am not asserting that the slavery is chosen or desired—to say someone went into it not "willingly" implies their will was against or overcome by the bondage.

Things without free wills cannot be enslaved, they just follow laws.
"Things without free wills cannot be enslaved". Why not? You cannot willingly follow a law?

Some slaves in the Roman Empire became slaves willingly

"Things without free wills cannot be enslaved". Why not? You cannot willingly follow a law?

Some slaves in the Roman Empire became slaves willingly
Believers willingly choose to be slaves of Christ by their free will.

hope this helps !!!

Who says you don't have a will?

I cannot give up my will

Of course you can. Try deliberately pursuing a sin long enough and you will lose control to stop, just like a drug addiction.

Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one's slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? (Rom. 6:16 NKJ)

Of course you can. Try deliberately pursuing a sin long enough and you will lose control to stop, just like a drug addiction.

Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one's slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? (Rom. 6:16 NKJ)
Yep they should know since they love to talk about Paul as the chief of sinners using Roman’s 7.

Would that be in keeping with the following?
Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
There would have to be a reason we either do one or the other.

Back