FROM FAITH TO FAITH

Sorry but I can't imagine what must be going through you head here and what it has to do with the topic at hand.

He is where Christianity began and if he is not in you as per Galatians 2:20, you cannot walk in his footsteps and you have no hope.
Christianity did not begin with Christ, but with the prophecies that Christ would come (Gen 3:16).

I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed me these things. 9 But he said to me, “Do not do that. I am a fellow servant of yours and of your brethren the prophets and of those who heed the words of this book. Worship God.” 10 And he said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near. 11 Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong and the one who is filthy, still be filthy and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness and the one who is holy, still keep himself holy. 12 Behold, I am coming quickly, and my reward is with me, to render to every man according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”

You just can't help telling yourself what you want to hear can you? Is this how you comfort yourself? That won't work for you. Only abiding in Christ will work and learning from the Spirit of Truth.
You think the angel was speaking his own words, upon his own authority? Doesn't the OT tell you that angels spoke the very words of YHWH? This reveals how superficial your understanding of the bible is. The angel's narrative continues down to verse 22:20. At verse 22:16 "“I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

So it is the testimony of Jesus, who bears the same titles as the Lord God (Rev. 1:8). Angels only serve what is on the throne of God. If the angel is speaking the words of Jesus to John, then what were the angels doing in the OT? That Jesus is above the angels, who were made before the creation of the world, affirms his eternality.

Your pretension to be "abiding in Christ" to the exclusion of everyone else apart from socinians is perverse. Where were the socinians in the early church? You mean you're an Ebionite? "Some scholars argue that they contributed to the development of the Islamic view of Jesus due to exchanges of Ebionite remnants with the first Muslims" (Wiki). So may be we owe Isalm to the Ebionites, and to you.

Why do you seek to derogate from Christ's sonship by making him out to be only an adopted son like other men? You will always be an outsider with your views.

Last edited:
Christianity did not begin with Christ, but with the prophecies that Christ would come (Gen 3:16).

You think the angel was speaking his own words, upon his own authority?

I didn't say anything at all much less that what you have imagined up here. From where did you come up with this?

Doesn't the OT tell you that angels spoke the very words of YHWH? This reveals how superficial your understanding of the bible is. The angel's narrative continues down to verse 22:20. At verse 22:16 "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

Are you going to run with that or change your mind later?

So it is the testimony of Jesus, who bears the same titles as the Lord God (Rev. 1:8). Angels only serve what is on the throne of God. If the angel is speaking the words of Jesus to John, then what were the angels doing in the OT? That Jesus is above the angels, who were made before the creation of the world, affirms his eternality.

Seems you forgot to read Hebrews 1:4 and 1 Peter 3:22.

This is what happens when you resort to your interpretation by imagination routine.

Your pretension to be "abiding in Christ" to the exclusion of everyone else apart from socinians is perverse. Where were the socinians in the early church? You mean you're an Ebionite? "Some scholars argue that they contributed to the development of the Islamic view of Jesus due to exchanges of Ebionite remnants with the first Muslims" (Wiki). So may be we owe Isalm to the Ebionites, and to you.

You seem obsessed which group of men you might be identified with and belong to rather than identifying and belonging to Christ.

Why do you seek to derogate from Christ's sonship by making him out to be only an adopted son like other men?

I've never said anything about him being an "adopted son." That was your vain imaginations again.

You will always be an outsider with your views.

And by that statement you have totally betrayed yourself. You are far more interested in the approval of men than the approval of God.

And that will be your demise if you don't do something about it.

I didn't say anything at all much less that what you have imagined up here. From where did you come up with this?

Are you going to run with that or change your mind later?

Seems you forgot to read Hebrews 1:4 and 1 Peter 3:22.

This is what happens when you resort to your interpretation by imagination routine.

You seem obsessed which group of men you might be identified with and belong to rather than identifying and belonging to Christ.

I've never said anything about him being an "adopted son." That was your vain imaginations again.

And by that statement you have totally betrayed yourself. You are far more interested in the approval of men than the approval of God.

And that will be your demise if you don't do something about it.
Since you can't gainsay my argument re Christ being superior to the angels, and the implications of it for his eternal existence, you change the subject to the approval of men. I think I have shown everything I needed to.

Since you can't gainsay my argument re Christ being superior to the angels, and the implications of it for his eternal existence, you change the subject to the approval of men. I think I have shown everything I needed to.

Apparently you didn't understand the verses I gave you. They tell you that he became superior to the angels when God raised him from the dead and subjected them to him when He seated him at His right hand.

Your interpretations by imagination will continue to be dead end follies.

Apparently you didn't understand the verses I gave you. They tell you that he became superior to the angels when God raised him from the dead and subjected them to him when He seated him at His right hand.

Your interpretations by imagination will continue to be dead end follies.
I understood the verses very well. Unfortunately you are unable to match his ascent to his prior descent Heb 2:9, John 17:5, John 6:62.

Trinitarians assert he never properly descended, you assert that he only ascended, but never descended, whilst I assert he descended and then ascended, exactly as he said.

I understood the verses very well. Unfortunately you are unable to match his ascent to his prior descent Heb 2:9, John 17:5, John 6:62.

Hebrews 2:5-8 is quoting Psalm 8 which is about the creation of man in Genesis.

Trinitarians assert he never properly descended, you assert that he only ascended, but never descended, whilst I assert he descended and then ascended, exactly as he said.

I never asserted any such thing. That was your mixed up imaginations again.

Hebrews 2:5-8 is quoting Psalm 8 which is about the creation of man in Genesis.
I quoted Heb 2:9.

I think there is a debate about Heb 2:5-8. The Greek pronouns are all singular, at any rate, and not plural as per the ludicrous NIV. However we can set it on one side for now as I was referring to Heb 2:9 ". But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death."

Is that what is said about any other man, that he is made lower than angels "for the suffering of death"? No.

These words clearly imply his prior existence above the suffering of death.

I never asserted any such thing. That was your mixed up imaginations again.
I realize your witness involves a lot of use of the word "not." However it doesn't convince anyone that you know what you're talking about, and I am sure that you have no idea what you're talking about, because you spend 90% of your time belittling others rather than saying anything intelligible about doctrine.

I quoted Heb 2:9.

I think there is a debate about Heb 2:5-8. The Greek pronouns are all singular, at any rate, and not plural as per the ludicrous NIV. However we can set it on one side for now as I was referring to Heb 2:9 ". But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death."

Is that what is said about any other man, that he is made lower than angels "for the suffering of death"? No.

Scripture plus your imaginations again?

Hebrews 2:9 is based what he quoted at vv. 2:5-8.

These words clearly imply his prior existence above the suffering of death.

I'm afraid not. You are confusing your imaginations with the text again.

I realize your witness involves a lot of use of the word "not." However it doesn't convince anyone that you know what you're talking about, and I am sure that you have no idea what you're talking about, because you spend 90% of your time belittling others rather than saying anything intelligible about doctrine.

I'm not going to waste too much breath until you are actually listening.

In the meantime, I'm sure you think up all kinds of excuses for yourself. But every human knows how to do that don't they?

Scripture plus your imaginations again?

Hebrews 2:9 is based what he quoted at vv. 2:5-8.

I'm afraid not. You are confusing your imaginations with the text again.

I'm not going to waste too much breath until you are actually listening.

In the meantime, I'm sure you think up all kinds of excuses for yourself. But every human knows how to do that don't they?
Why should I listen to your insults any longer? I rate your ability to communicate as zero, and your theology as no better,

Back