From Matt Slick to Everyone

Sherman

I do appreciate your hard work getting this site back up. It's turning into one of my favorites. The look of this site is growing on me. Love the sleek look. It's easy on the eyes and looks wonderful on my phone.

Sherman

I wanted to say this after being active here for several days - I wasn't too active before because I found the old format not the easiest to navigate because of my eyes - everything was so small! ;) That why I didn't do Facebook that much. I respect the decision to make the forum spartan because the emphasis is in on the content. When I was on here, I spent hours reading the threads. I missed out on what a great and refreshing site this is due to my old eyes. No wonder it was so big before it started having software issues.

CARM is a healthy forum. It lets Christians speak the truth about cults, unbelief and wickedness tearing at the fabric of society. That is the draw the site has.

Kudos for getting it going again -- in a very readable format that is gentle on the eyes.

Last edited:

bigthinker

I apologize for the difficulty with the previous forums. The format was great but the implementation wasn't. I spent many hours, accompanied by a great deal of frustration before I finally gave up on them. We researched different forms and came up with these. Hopefully, they will work well and will also integrate seamlessly into the new CARM site when it's released.

We are still working the bugs out in this forum set up. So, please be patient with us.

So, if you have features that you would like on these forums, please list them in this thread. Hopefully, I'll be able to get to them when I have some spare time... But since I don't have much spare time, don't expect too much too quickly.

Anyway, I hope these forums work well.

Thanks for your patience
One feature I miss was the threaded hybrid view. Is there a way to make that available currently or is it a possible future option? It was the thing that set CARM forums apart from all other online forums.

Thanks.

Matt Slick

CARM President
Staff member
One feature I miss was the threaded hybrid view. Is there a way to make that available currently or is it a possible future option? It was the thing that set CARM forums apart from all other online forums.

Thanks.
I really liked the threaded hybrid view, but it has fallen out of favor among forum designers. If there's an add-on for the software that allows it, I would definitely get it

4Him

Administrator
Staff member

Thanks.
We haven’t had that feature in YEARS. Don’t even have that option, but I sure do miss it.

e v e

Some of us are comfortable with complexity.
However, I'm threaded hybrid view made it easier to see who was replying to whom. It simplified things and made it easier to follow conversations.
it’s not about being more comfortable but about it being unneeded.

e v e

but you didn't need to use hybrid you could choose. I preferred it because various discussions within a thread stayed in their group.
okay.

i often feel threads go away from their topic. staying on the exact op without going all over could help.

also some ops are books filled with quotes and that‘s a mess.

of course the nature of a forum is going to be sloppy... it just seems every thread turns onto another thread and the op gets buried.

balshan

okay.

i often feel threads go away from their topic. staying on the exact op without going all over could help.

also some ops are books filled with quotes and that‘s a mess.

of course the nature of a forum is going to be sloppy... it just seems every thread turns onto another thread and the op gets buried.
That is why I preferred the hybrid system to keep the off tracks etc together. It is understandable as to why they can go down another track it is because sometimes a post triggers another thought related and off topic. It is how we as humans work.

Sherman

Many sites are also going to very tiny Facebook style appearance and small text, which isn't very friendly to the eyes. Even the small icons makes it hard to keep track of everybody. This look is just very gentle on the eyes and it looks great on a phone. It loads real fast on the phone.

Bob Carabbio

We are still working the bugs out in this forum set up. So, please be patient with us.

So, if you have features that you would like on these forums, please list them in this thread.
WELL HEY!!! Many Thanks for all the efforts involved. Public Ministry ain't easy.

As The forums stand today (11/4/20) I'm not aware of Faults, and everything I use appears to work properly (windows 7 / Google).