Genesis 6:5-7 What happened here with God?

This is what Ray Comfort teaches...

You start out with the Condemnation of the Ten Commandments. If the person is receptive, he will move on to the Gospel. If the person is not receptive, he recommends to stick with the Law...

When they are ready, you tell them that God so Loves the world, he gave his only Son; that whosoever Believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting Life...
Except that’s not in the Bible . Read acts sometime and find that method there

Tell me what does John 3:16 mean to you and how do you share that passage with the lost ? What do you tell a lost person about that passage ?

This is a very interesting question, and identifies a few flaws in the poster's understanding of the gospel. So a preamble is needed.

First of all, it's pointless to quote unbelievers a "Bible verse", since they don't believe the Bible, or at least have no reason to accept anything it says. Instruction on the historical reliability of the Bible and the historical Jesus can come after, or during the process where they ruminate over the gospel.

Second, there's no reason to START at John 3:16, since it's not the first book of the Bible, nor is it even the first book of the New Testament. The message in John 3:16 presupposes God's creation of man, His election of the Jews, his giving of the Mosaic Law, and Israel's complete failure to obey the Law. So some backfill is needed.

At this point I have to say I really like Ray Comfort's presentation of starting with the Ten Commandments, and getting your audience to admit that they've sinned, and they need to do something with their sin. And THAT, of course, is what finally brings us to JESUS.

Having said all that...

I've presented my view of the gospel message a number of times, and so let me match up the points in my presentation, wth the truth in John 3:16:
1) God is holyIsa. 6:3, Rev. 4:8
2) man is a sinner;Rom. 3:19-20, 23
3) the wages of sin is death;Rom. 6:23
4) God decided to show mercy and love(1) “For God so loved the world,
5) God sent Jesus to atone for sin(2) that he gave his only Son,
6) If you believe in Jesus, you will be saved.(3) that whoever believes in him
should not perish
but have eternal life.
So as we can see, strictly speaking, John 3:16 is insufficient to cover all the points in the gospel message.

And if you would like a more detailed exegesis of John 3:16, you can find it here:

This is what Ray Comfort teaches...

You start out with the Condemnation of the Ten Commandments. If the person is receptive, he will move on to the Gospel. If the person is not receptive, he recommends to stick with the Law...

When they are ready, you tell them that God so Loves the world, he gave his only Son; that whosoever Believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting Life...
By saying God so loves the world is not telling the person God loves “them” In particular. We quote scripture, God applies the word. If the person hearing is an elect, and it is the appointed time, he just may experience this love.

where do you see anyone in scripture going to a person and saying, “God loves you?”

By saying God so loves the world is not telling the person God loves “them” In particular. We quote scripture, God applies the word. If the person hearing is an elect, and it is the appointed time, he just may experience this love.

where do you see anyone in scripture going to a person and saying, “God loves you?”
Correct, God loves the world less than he Loves Abraham; because God is not the Friend to anyone who is at enmity with him. Civic says God's Hatred is him loving someone less than let's say, Abraham. You cannot tell a Lost person they're a Friend of God in particular either. So to be honest with a Lost person, it would be a Lie to tell them God Loves them maximally; since God doesn't have a Phileo Love for them. It would be truthful to tell them God Hates them because he loves them less than he could Love them...

According to Civic...

Last edited:
U

Use scripture then we can talk .
Okay...

But later...

I'm going to carry on with my life for a while, but will start with the account of the Rich Young Ruler. Jesus used the Ten Commandments on him, but not the Gospel; while the RYR left sorrowful...

Y'all have a great evening

Okay...

But later...

I'm going to carry on with my life for a while, but will start with the account of the Rich Young Ruler. Jesus used the Ten Commandments on him, but not the Gospel; while the RYR left sorrowful...

Y'all have a great evening
I’m talking about Pentecost forward . The law was yet to be fulfilled . Once Christ fulfilled it with the new covenant the old was made void .

I’m talking about Pentecost forward . The law was yet to be fulfilled . Once Christ fulfilled it with the new covenant the old was made void .

Rom. 3:19 Now we know that whatever the law says it speaks to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be stopped, and the whole world may be held accountable to God. 20 For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.

Gal 3:24 So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian,

John 3:16 (KJV 1900) — 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Every you is a part of the world

John 3:16 (KJV 1900) — 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Every you is a part of the world
What are you saying? How does it prove your point?

I was sharing Christ this week with 2 lesbians and an agnostic in the same room for 2 hours and it was a great discussion and I gave them much to think about without condemning them . They were very hard on the church and all the hypocrisy they have seen . I let them know that you can’t blame God for how people misrepresented Him . We talked about how Jesus treats sinners in the gospel and how He was the hardest on the religious people not the sinner . He came to save sinners , those who know they are sick and in need of a physician.
Oh yeah, that is really the gospel. "You are not in sin and in rebellion against God, it is the Church that is screwed up."

Back