Get you Covid vaccine...or stay out.

CrowCross

That seems reasonable.
There are some who believe it may be a prelude to this.....16 Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead, 17 so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name.

What's next? Supermarkets? Gas stations? Dentist? Trains?

Torin

There are some who believe it may be a prelude to this.....16 Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead, 17 so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name.
Such predictions have a poor track record, and no basis in reality.
What's next? Supermarkets? Gas stations? Dentist? Trains?
Those all seem reasonable as well. I don't know if I would favor a law requiring everyone to get a COVID-19 vaccination because I value personal freedom and bodily autonomy, but private businesses should certainly be able to ban people without a vaccination from entering. If your personal superstitions prevent you from protecting yourself and other people, that should be your problem, and no one else's.

CrowCross

Such predictions have a poor track record, and no basis in reality.

Those all seem reasonable as well. I don't know if I would favor a law requiring everyone to get a COVID-19 vaccination because I value personal freedom and bodily autonomy, but private businesses should certainly be able to ban people without a vaccination from entering. If your personal superstitions prevent you from protecting yourself and other people, that should be your problem, and no one else's.

I don't think the vaccine is the mark...only a conditioning. You've already been conditioned to wear a mask that doesn't work.

Temujin

I don't think the vaccine is the mark...only a conditioning. You've already been conditioned to wear a mask that doesn't work.
The mask is not a political or a religious statement. It is an intelligence test. As is getting a vaccine.

CrowCross

The mask is not a political or a religious statement. It is an intelligence test. As is getting a vaccine.
It's covering the face of man made in the image of God. Mask don't work. They may stop a lugie from flying across a room....but they leak. They have a protection factor of near zilch.

Temujin

It's covering the face of man made in the image of God. Mask don't work. They may stop a lugie from flying across a room....but they leak. They have a protection factor of near zilch.
What about covering the body of man made in the image of God? Otherwise known as clothing? Humans have been covering their faces for years, for many reasons. I have heard several reasons for not wearing a mask. This one is absurd. Sure face masks are useless. Which is why surgeons have been wearing them for decades.

If you don't want to wear a mask, don't do so. But don't complain if those who do wear a mask and understand why think you are stupid, or that you are refused entry to any premises, public or private, where mask wearing is mandatory. It's your free choice.

Gus Bovona

Considering the bible has been right on many other predictions...why not this one?

What are your standards for a prediction that prevent it from being vacuous? (The prediction "A great empire in Asia will be defeated" is vacuous for several reasons, which means it's a prediction whose purported fulfillment would show nothing.)

If you haven't already figured out what standards a prediction must meet to prevent it from being a vacuous prediction, then why would you think that any prediction - including those in the Bible - is not vacuous?

Authentic Nouveau

What about covering the body of man made in the image of God? Otherwise known as clothing? Humans have been covering their faces for years, for many reasons. I have heard several reasons for not wearing a mask. This one is absurd. Sure face masks are useless. Which is why surgeons have been wearing them for decades.

If you don't want to wear a mask, don't do so. But don't complain if those who do wear a mask and understand why think you are stupid, or that you are refused entry to any premises, public or private, where mask wearing is mandatory. It's your free choice.
If you were a scientist......

If you studied medicine, you would know a bacteria is hundreds of times larger than a virus. You need to take biology.

Sterile gown, sterile gloves, yes I scrubbed my arms with disinfectant soap and a brush to above my elbows before a case (ten minutes) and dried them with a sterile towel. Hair covered. Sterile drapes and sanitized rooms. Never once have I ever touched a sterile hand to my mask. Unless the patient was closed.

Fake News just doesn't come from surgery.

If you took cultures, you would find people have contaminated hair, clothing, and just about everything. Nobody says how how much is transmitted on pet hair when people walk their dogs.

Of course everyone working in surgery changes clothes before going into surgery. Surgery locker rooms.

Surgery locker rooms. People keep their special shoes in their locker. Or they wear booties to cover their shoes. Outsiders really have no idea what goes on behind the operating room doors.

Fake News leaves out so much science.

J regia

If you were a scientist......

If you studied medicine, you would know a bacteria is hundreds of times larger than a virus. You need to take biology.

Sterile gown, sterile gloves, yes I scrubbed my arms with disinfectant soap and a brush to above my elbows before a case (ten minutes) and dried them with a sterile towel. Hair covered. Sterile drapes and sanitized rooms. Never once have I ever touched a sterile hand to my mask. Unless the patient was closed.

Fake News just doesn't come from surgery.

If you took cultures, you would find people have contaminated hair, clothing, and just about everything. Nobody says how how much is transmitted on pet hair when people walk their dogs.

Of course everyone working in surgery changes clothes before going into surgery. Surgery locker rooms.

Surgery locker rooms. People keep their special shoes in their locker. Or they wear booties to cover their shoes. Outsiders really have no idea what goes on behind the operating room doors.

Fake News leaves out so much science.
And if you knew anything at all about science then you would know that a well fitted N95 mask will stop viruses which are attached to water micro-droplets even in Trumpania.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N95_respirator

CrowCross

If you want to wear a mask...go for it.

CrowCross

What are your standards for a prediction that prevent it from being vacuous? (The prediction "A great empire in Asia will be defeated" is vacuous for several reasons, which means it's a prediction whose purported fulfillment would show nothing.)

If you haven't already figured out what standards a prediction must meet to prevent it from being a vacuous prediction, then why would you think that any prediction - including those in the Bible - is not vacuous?
Isaiah 53 is a very good plce to start.
Isreal becoming a nation is another.