Gifts of the Spirit.

Of course I'm a Christian and Trinitarian to boot! And my home church is 2000 miles away. I sure do miss them. But I have asked for help from a AOG church here, and got no response. So my neighbor called the Mormons, and I have their number now to call.

Instead of lamenting your condition why don't you simply find a way to sit down with the AOG church in humility and let them bear your burden with you? Why do you seemingly boast that you had a friend who is the offspring of a rank heretic and unspeakable fraud and liar - and call a Mormon and all of his confederates more holy than all Calvinists - and not simply humble yourself to the pentecostal men and women who are right on your door step? How do you make such things to be the fruit of the Holy Spirit and refuse to sit with those who say to being filled with the power of God to proportions that make them suspicious? If you cannot find a way to sit down with your pentecostal neighbour because of disability and they will not come to you then tell God and ask Him to take a rod to them.

If you want to know what a Calvinist in ministry looks like with the power of the Holy Spirit working through him you could do a lot worse that seeing an AOG pastor rushing down the path to your house with a rod of God on his heels. Amen to the stern Calvinist.

Last edited:
Mormons believe in holiness, so thank you.
Any professing Christian praising Mormons as holy negate their own personal claim of holiness in so doing. Neither understand the holiness of being truly Christian, and the former shows a remarkable ignorance by conflating the two while praising the latter.

It's like an Israelite praising a Baal worshipper for their holiness as if they both worship the same God.

And we're to accept teaching from this individual who bears false witness of our beliefs?

Instead of lamenting your condition why don't you simply find a way to sit down with the AOG church in humility and let them bear your burden with you? Why do you seemingly boast that you had a friend who is the offspring of a rank heretic and unspeakable fraud and liar - and call a Mormon and all of his confederates more holy than all Calvinists - and not simply humble yourself to the pentecostal men and women who are right on your door step? How do you make such things to be the fruit of the Holy Spirit and refuse to sit with those who say to being filled with the power of God to proportions that make them suspicious? If you cannot find a way to sit down with your pentecostal neighbour because of disability and they will not come to you then tell God and ask Him to take a rod to them.

If you want to know what a Calvinist in ministry looks like with the power of the Holy Spirit working through him you could do a lot worse that seeing an AOG pastor rushing down the path to your house with a rod of God on his heels. Amen to the stern Calvinist.
I figured she was unchurched, but to conflate Mormonism with Christianity? Not surprised.

Any professing Christian praising Mormons as holy negate their own personal claim of holiness in so doing. Neither understand the holiness of being truly Christian, and the former shows a remarkable ignorance by conflating the two while praising the latter.

It's like an Israelite praising a Baal worshipper for their holiness as if they both worship the same God.

And we're to accept teaching from this individual who bears false witness of our beliefs?
you nailed it !!!

I agree with that in a truth. What I also believe is that when it comes to addressing women - even when it is self evident that they are in someway debilitated by both their experience of life (often at the hands of a man) and by the church in someway - then whilst plainness is a must - knowing what God requires from a woman is also needful. The requirement of God on a woman in faith is less than for all men in faith no matter what lives have been given them - including the sodomite who repents. It is political precepts that have given women their strength. Not God. So I don't tend to employ spiritual means to stay the hand of most women unless they are Jezebelic. In fairness you have only stated things as they are, but I wanted to try and give a more gracious meaning also.

I agree with that in a truth. What I also believe is that when it comes to addressing women - even when it is self evident that they are in someway debilitated by both their experience of life (often at the hands of a man) and by the church in someway - then whilst plainness is a must - knowing what God requires from a woman is also needful. The requirement of God on a woman in faith is less than for all men in faith no matter what lives have been given them - including the sodomite who repents. It is political precepts that have given women their strength. Not God. So I don't tend to employ spiritual means to stay the hand of most women unless they are Jezebelic. In fairness you have only stated things as they are, but I wanted to try and give a more gracious meaning also.
My post wasn't ungracious my friend. If you feel it was, my apologies to you.

My post wasn't ungracious my friend. If you feel it was, my apologies to you.

Forgive me for being too hasty - I didn't mean that you had been ungracious - I only wanted to show exceptional grace to the poster in question. I would genuinely wish her to know that Calvinism is stern - as these things are claimed (even by myself) - for a reason of God. But I may be wasting my time - as I often am with those whose feelings trump doctrines of truth. I hope that I am wrong.

We certainly do, as indeed Peter says:

1 Peter 1:

13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

So don’t be surprised by all the pushback you are getting from Calvinists. To them all of that is “works,” and you are damned if you try! :rolleyes:

Forgive me for being too hasty - I didn't mean that you had been ungracious - I only wanted to show exceptional grace to the poster in question. I would genuinely wish her to know that Calvinism is stern - as these things are claimed (even by myself) - for a reason of God. But I may be wasting my time - as I often am with those whose feelings trump doctrines of truth.
Oh! My apologies, I was way more hasty than you. I apologize, I misunderstood your post.

1 Peter 1:

13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

So don't be surprised by all the pushback you are getting from Calvinists. To them all of that is “works,” and you are damned if you try! :rolleyes:

How swift the feet do come to the path that best provides the maggots that the Mormon feeds upon. .

1 Peter 1:

So don’t be surprised by all the pushback you are getting from Calvinists. To them all of that is “works,” and you are damned if you try! :rolleyes:

How swift the feet do come to the path that best provides the maggots that the Mormon feeds upon. .

Mormons are heretics. They are non-trinitarians and probably the most polytheistic belief system out there. They believe in magic tablets, magic underwear, works salvation, and they believe they can become God's.

This is the epitome of darkness. So tell us, are you now going to align yourself with darkness?

The Apostle Paul said this when he was speaking to other BELIEVERS:

2 Corinthians 6:14-15

14 Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? 15 Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?

Now we know how far you are from the faith. Sad to watch this descent into apostacy.

I am sure Peter would be very pleased by your response to his call for holiness.

And though it pains me to say - I am certain that you will not inherit eternal bliss whoring with those you now favour for wicked gain - but will burn in an everlasting flame.

And though it pains me to say - I am certain that you will not inherit eternal bliss whoring with those you now favour for wicked gain - but will burn in an everlasting flame.
I am willing to wait and see. You know there is a proverb that says, “He laughs best who laughs last!” I think I am going to have the last laugh.

I am willing to wait and see. You know there is a proverb that says, “He laughs best who laughs last!” I think I am going to have the last laugh.

I spoke with a young man today who is honest, hard working and filled with decency - Yet he has come to atheism - and when we spoke as we do often I was moved to remind him of when he was a small child and how he so joyously gave himself to the charge of God. I was there when he volitionally told me that he believed in God when he was ten years of age. So I said to him 'go and ask God why as a child and not as a man?.' You should ask yourself why as a child and why as a man. Shalom Mormon.

I spoke with a young man today who is honest, hard working and filled with decency - Yet he has come to atheism - and when we spoke as we do often I was moved to remind him of when he was a small child and how he so joyously gave himself to the charge of God. I was there when he volitionally told me that he believed in God when he was ten years of age. So I said to him 'go and ask God why as a child and not as a man.' You should ask yourself why as a child and why as a man. Shalom Mormon.
Talking a load of meaningless nonsense—as usual. Frankly, I have never heard anything from you that actually makes a lot of sense. I have no idea where you are coming from.

Talking a load of meaningless nonsense—as usual. Frankly, I have never heard anything from you that actually makes a lot of sense. I have no idea where you are coming from.

I know that Mormon. Nevertheless go and look in the mirror and ask god 'why as a child and why as a man?' Then take your Book of Mormon and Pearl of Great Price and Doctrine & Covenants and go and lock them in your basement. Then take your bible and read it.

Back