Gifts of the Spirit.

CharismaticLady

@Beloved Daughter, @Theo1689, @civic

Who believes in them? Calvinists or Arminians. Or both. Or neither?

These gifts were only given to prophets in the Old Covenant, but are for born again, Spirit-filled Christians in our New Covenant. Not a jot or a tittle was removed from the Old Covenant until it was fullfilled in Christ. So that is covenant law. Nothing ceases during the age of a covenant, until a new covenant replaces it with new laws.

1 Corinthians 12:
4 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

What gifts do you have? Especially, BD, T1689 and c.

These gifts were only given to prophets in the Old Covenant, but are for born again, Spirit-filled Christians in our New Covenant. Not a jot or a tittle was removed from the Old Covenant until it was fullfilled in Christ. So that is covenant law. Nothing ceases during the age of a covenant, until a new covenant replaces it with new laws.

1 Corinthians 12:
4 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

Good quote and questions, and you might like to add this to it as well:

Mark 16:

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

And the responses that you have received are very telling. Calvinists are heretics. The only “spiritual gift” they have is teaching heresy, and taunting, intimidating, threatening those who disagree with them. I am not familiar enough with the Arminians to be able to give an equally definitive answer in relation to them; however, from the limited experience I have had with them, I would hazard a guess that they are far more likely to be endowed with spiritual graces than the Calvinists are likely to be.

1 Corinthians 12:

Not to deny your gifts but to note there are others

Romans 12:5–8 (KJV 1900)
5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. 6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; 7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; 8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

Ephesians 4:11–13 (KJV 1900)
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Not to deny your gifts but to note there are others

Romans 12:5–8 (KJV 1900)
5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. 6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; 7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; 8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

Ephesians 4:11–13 (KJV 1900)
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
We already went over them on another post about faith. I said there

Romans 12 - gifts for the Father for mankind.
1 Corinthians 12 - gifts of ministry for the Church for the profit of all
Epheshians 4 - gifts of offices for the Church from Jesus

Should add:
Mark 16:16-18 - gifts for individual Christians to use privately

Good quote and questions, and you might like to add this to it as well:

Mark 16:

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

And the responses that you have received are very telling. Calvinists are heretics. The only “spiritual gift” they have is teaching heresy, and taunting, intimidating, threatening those who disagree with them. I am not familiar enough with the Arminians to be able to give an equally definitive answer in relation to them; however, from the limited experience I have had with them, I would hazard a guess that they are far more likely to be endowed with spiritual graces than the Calvinists are likely to be.
I know what you mean - for years on forums like this one. If I say someone is being abusive, or mean, they say "that wasn't mean, just correction." Isaiah 5:20

We already went over them on another post about faith. I said there

Romans 12 - gifts for the Father for mankind.
1 Corinthians 12 - gifts of ministry for the Church for the profit of all
Epheshians 4 - gifts of offices for the Church from Jesus

Should add:
Mark 16:16-18 - gifts for individual Christians to use privately
Ok I had not seen that

Mormons... Off Topic
no you confuse that with self-righteousness. without holiness no one will see the Lord. Mormons and JW's will not see the Lord for they are not Holy. They reject the God of the bible and have false gods.

you have just made another claim that is an oxymoron.

If you knew the TRUTH you would confirm what I have just stated.

hope this helps !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
no you confuse that with self-righteousness. without holiness no one will see the Lord. Mormons and JW's will not see the Lord for they are not Holy. They reject the God of the bible and have false gods.

you have just made another claim that is an oxymoron.

If you knew the TRUTH you would confirm what I have just stated.

hope this helps !!!
So you think you know the truth, and I don't. Here is a question, what does Jesus do regarding our carnal nature that sins? Let us keep it, and just cover our sins; or takes it away completely so we will no longer sin?

And multiple Gods and the opportunity to become a god yourself and rule on your own planet having celestial sex with your many wives creating spirit children who then can become physical and work on becoming a God themselves
Yes, I know their faults, and yet they are more holy than a Calvinist.

Back