Given the right …..

Carbon

Ephesians 2:8-10,
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

I enjoy looking into things to find the truth. I’ve learned that at times I am wrong about things and am thankful to be able to accept that and by the grace of God accept what is truth.

For years I have argued that the “gift” in Ephesians 2:8 was faith. Thankfully I’ve learned all must he kept in context with the immediate chapter, book and finally all scripture.

Before I go much further I’d like to see what others think the gift in Ephesians 2:8 is?

So whoever wants to share, what is the gift?
Considering Eph 2:8-10 ? And the rest of context?

Thanks

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

I enjoy looking into things to find the truth. I’ve learned that at times I am wrong about things and am thankful to be able to accept that and by the grace of God accept what is truth.

For years I have argued that the “gift” in Ephesians 2:8 was faith. Thankfully I’ve learned all must he kept in context with the immediate chapter, book and finally all scripture.

Before I go much further I’d like to see what others think the gift in Ephesians 2:8 is?

Thanks
Grace, salvation, faith.

Thanks

Grace ........ with caps G.

For years I thought it was faith.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
I have to agree...
By grace we have been saved...part of the process is faith...the gift is much more than eternal life as eternal life is the highest of all gifts.

Thanks
Notice it's through faith. Faith is the means. Faith has no causation. "It's not of yourselves". The whole process is the gift.

Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 3:16 - For God so-loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. The gift of God is Jesus who paid our sin debt who provided grace I.e. salvation.

Salvation is the gift which includes the whole process of salvation for mankind. That includes the Gospel and it includes the Holy Spirit enabling men who have heard it preached to be enabled by the power of God to believe.

You’re absolutely correct.

Well please explain more.
Unchecked Copy Box
Jos 24:15 - And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Back