Given the right …..

Ephesians 2:8-10,
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

I enjoy looking into things to find the truth. I’ve learned that at times I am wrong about things and am thankful to be able to accept that and by the grace of God accept what is truth.

For years I have argued that the “gift” in Ephesians 2:8 was faith. Thankfully I’ve learned all must he kept in context with the immediate chapter, book and finally all scripture.

Before I go much further I’d like to see what others think the gift in Ephesians 2:8 is?

So whoever wants to share, what is the gift?
Considering Eph 2:8-10 ? And the rest of context?

Thanks
The gift is salvation. Salvation is by grace through faith, salvation is not by works, not of ourselves, salvation is a gift, undeserved and unmerited. The various elements of the text are all in relation to bing saved.

Doug

The gift is salvation. Salvation is by grace through faith, salvation is not by works, not of ourselves, salvation is a gift, undeserved and unmerited. The various elements of the text are all in relation to bing saved.

Doug
Grace, salvation and faith are gifts.

The total depravity of man requires it.

Gift is singular and grammatically it can only refer to salvation.

Doug
Gramatically, the antecedent is all 3. That is because the pronoun is neuter, and gender matches none of the 3 -- fltom's authority, A.T. Robertson, and many other Greek scholars.

And again, total depravity demands all 3 as the gift.

Believe. Your point?
did you answer all the questions

No you don't observe

John 20:31 (KJV 1900) — 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

What must one do so that he might have life in Christ's name?

Before having life in Christ's name is one alive or dead?

Explain

why not?

What? What do you believe exactly? Since they are written, there is a chance you can decide to believe? Is that what you’re saying?
If so you don’t pay attention to scripture you just go off on a tangent.

What kind of question is that Tom?
It’s obvious isn’t it? Before having life in Christ we are dead.
So what must the dead man do that he might have life?

John 20:31 (KJV 1900) — 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

did you answer all the questions

No you don't observe

Explain

why not?
You have no point. Thank you.

You have no point. Thank you.
you are running Howie

why did you fail to address al the questions?

readers observe his failure

Explain

Howie still fails to address all the questions

@preacher4truth
Are you a re-baptized?
A few years back I attended a baptist church and the pastor said my baptism want legit and I needed to be baptized again at his church because I wasn’t baptized as a Baptist.

So how that go?
Thanks for asking ..?

I didn’t
I was baptized last year. I had been baptized when I was 13, but I had believed a false gospel back then. I prayed and studied, and felt that I should get baptized again at age 37 to identify with Christ in His life, death, burial and resurrection.

The story you mentioned sounds similar to the "Primitive Baptist" churches. Although I agree with the black rock address, I cant get behind many of their more modern teachings.

I have a question for the Presbyterians though. Should I also baptize me 37 year old wife, 15 year old daughter, 13 year old son, and 11 year old son? Even if they hate this truth? They may get angry and start fighting me.

Back