Giving thanks and glory to God almighty

ReverendRV

The Bible says "in all things give thanks", "what do you have you did not receive", "every good and perfect gift comes from above", so would it be proper to thank God for my gift of faith? If its not a gift of God then would you thank or give the credit to?
Yes, it is appropriate to give God the Glory for your Faith; amen!

Provisionists believe the Gospel is the only Grace of God they need; so it would be appropriate to give all the Glory to Beautiful Feet...

If they say, "No, no; they are 'Sent' by God with the Gospel'; then they prove it's appropriate to Thank God Almighty for their Faith...

To avoid that, they may not name God as the precedent and say the Church or the Bible Sends Beautiful Feet...

A Vicious Circle; a Perfect Storm...

Reformedguy

Provisionists believe the Gospel is the only Grace of God they need; so it would be appropriate to give all the Glory to Beautiful Feet...

If they say, "No, no; they are 'Sent' by God with the Gospel'; then they prove it's appropriate to Thank God Almighty for their Faith...

To avoid that, they may not name God as the precedent and say the Church or the Bible Sends Beautiful Feet...

They must at least take the credit for choosing to exercise faith. I guess God must share His glory?

ReverendRV

They must at least take the credit for choosing to exercise faith. I guess God must share His glory?
They must; because you nailed it by saying every Good and Perfect Gift comes from Heaven above. There is only one way for someone to rebut you at all; by saying Saving Faith is not a Gift...

Anyone who says Faith is a 'Good Gift' of some sort from any person to you, must agree with you; I mean with the Bible. If Faith belongs to the Category of a Good Gift no matter who gave it to you, it comes down to us from Heaven; no matter who else you thank for it...

If they say, "Okay, but we open the Gift..."; this acknowledges that Faith is a Gift from God...

Boxing people in since 1999...

Last edited:

fltom

More false claims

Christ going to the cross - grace

the inspiration of the scriptures-grace

God sending men to preach the gospel -grace

conviction of the spirit - grace

Do you not tire of making false claims?

Reformedguy

More false claims

Christ going to the cross - grace

the inspiration of the scriptures-grace

God sending men to preach the gospel -grace

conviction of the spirit - grace

Do you not tire of making false claims?
Nothing to do with the OP. Try actually addressing what was posted. The topic is who deserves thanks and can take credit for your faith.

ReverendRV

Nothing to do with the OP. Try actually addressing what was posted. The topic is who deserves thanks and can take credit for your faith.
You see he Highlights and Embiggens the word "God" and says God sends men to Preach. So ask him; is Faith the Gift of God?

fltom

You see he Highlights the word "God" and says God sends men to Preach. So ask him; is Faith the Gift of God?
Provide a verse which actually states saving faith is the gift of God and mean it as you mean it as an exclusice gift irresistibly given to some and with-held from others

BTW you did not deal with the false claim you made

fltom

Nope. Sorry. It has nothing to do with it and your attempted diversion is duly noted.
Sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about

The post was addressing Revendrv's false claim not the op

It had everything to do with that

Reformedguy

Provide a verse which actually states saving faith is the gift of God and mean it as you mean it as an exclusice gift irresistibly given to some and with-held from others

BTW you did not deal with the false claim you made
So its not a gift of God then? What is it?

fltom

As it that it the topic of the thread. The topic is who gets the credit and glory for your choosing to exercise faith. He avoids the question at all costs
You fabricate at all cost

God gives the ability for faith

God inspired the scriptures

God sends men to preach the gospel

God grants faith through the gospel

Faith is encouraged by the conviction of sin

he is thanked for all that

fltom

Then take it up with him. I am sure he loves dealing with your ignorance
Says the intellectually limited twister of scripture who imagines God puts his spirit in unbelievers

PS i did that was what my post was about

hello

Obviously the idea that i was doing just what you stated above went right over your head

ReverendRV

As it that it the topic of the thread. The topic is who gets the credit and glory for your choosing to exercise faith. He avoids the question at all costs
Yep. You see in his response to my pointing out he highlighted the word "God" as the Cause; then he goes straight to asking for a Verse that says Faith is the Gift of God. He said God sends men to preach the Gospel; therefore Faith is a Good Gift that comes down from Heaven. He usually brings up the point that if God is involved in something, he gets the blame for it...

Reformedguy

You fabricate at all cost

God gives the ability for faith

God inspired the scriptures

God sends men to preach the gospel

God grants faith through the gospel

Faith is encouraged by the conviction of sin

he is thanked for all that
But not faith itself. You get the credit for choosing to exercise it right?

Reformedguy

Says the intellectually limited twister of scripture who imagines God puts his spirit in unbelievers

PS i did that was what my post was about

hello

Obviously the idea that i was doing just what you stated above went right over your head
Please tell us if you credit God for your choosing to exercise faith? Try to stay focused since your so much smarter than the rest of us.