Giving thanks and glory to God almighty

Reformedguy

Sorry your doctrine holds that god meticulously determines all things

if faith is lacking it is because it was determined before the man was ever born according to your theology
You are correct. It was but it's not God's fault you choose not to exercise faith. Your lacking faith is uour fault. No one would if not for the grace of God.

squirrelyguy

The Bible says "in all things give thanks", "what do you have you did not receive", "every good and perfect gift comes from above", so would it be proper to thank God for my gift of faith? If its not a gift of God then would you thank or give the credit to?
Would it therefore be proper to pray "God, I thank YOU that I am not like other men?" (See Luke 18:11)

fltom

You see he Highlights and Embiggens the word "God" and says God sends men to Preach. So ask him; is Faith the Gift of God?
Its not a mystery

Nowhere does the bible teach saving faith is an exclusive irresistible gift given to some and with-held from others as your theology claims

fltom

You are correct. It was but it's not God's fault you choose not to exercise faith. Your lacking faith is uour fault. No one would if not for the grace of God.
It was determined before the foundation of the world and not based upon any consideration of what man might do

So there was no other possibility

Own your theology

Joe

Nowhere does the bible teach saving faith is an exclusive irresistible gift given to some and with-held from others as your theology claims

Does the doctrine of Calvinism state God with-holds faith from some as if they were wanting it? I think it probably goes along the line that man is totally depraved and none seek after Him, that all have gone their own way, and none want after God.

You purposely make it seem as if man wants God, but God does not want them...And that is a deceitful misrepresentation. Is that what you mean Tom? That God keeps people who want faith from getting it?

fltom

Does the doctrine of Calvinism state God with-holds faith from some as if they were wanting it? I think it probably goes along the line that man is totally depraved and none seek after Him, that all have gone their own way, and none want after God.

You purposely make it seem as if man wants God, but God does not want them...And that is a deceitful misrepresentation. Is that what you mean Tom? That God keeps people who want faith from getting it?
NO you just imagine that. A mans response or lack thereof is all predetermined

What a man will want is only what has been meticulously determined for him to want

What I states was

Last edited:

preacher4truth

@preacher4truth
o sows discord.
Instead of a haha which anyone can state why don't you try to address the point
Why? Because you're incapable of reasoned discussion and cannot receive correction. You're a divisive person who sows discord from the wee hours of the morning until the evening on here. Oh, and by the way, what you call haha was actually true. See, you cannot receive truth.