GNT grammar does not support “ God the son”

The Real John Milton

In the bible we have the expression Θεοῦ Πατρὸς ( example Gal. 1:1) which is properly translated as “ God, the Father” ( notice the comma). There is however no such thing as “ God , the Son” in the GNT, let alone the expression “ God the Son.” In other words there is no such thing as Θεοῦ υἱοῦ in the bible which Trinitarians translate to “God the Son.” It is an unbiblical invention.

There is no room for "God the Son" in the baptismal formula in Matt 28:19, which alludes to only "one name." Therefore in respect of what denotes the agency of heaven in the world, one is ONLY entitled to speak of God as the "Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit", i.e. the Jn 1:1c sense; or to speak of God in the person sense, as God the Father, i.e. per Jn 1:1b.

The Greek designation for "God the Word" by the ECFs is "ὁ Θεος λόγος" or "ὁ λόγος Θεος", neither of which forms occurs in the bible.

Last edited:
In the bible we have the expression Θεοῦ Πατρὸς ( example Gal. 1:1) which is properly translated as “ God, the Father” ( notice the comma). There is however no such thing as “ God , the Son” in the GNT, let alone the expression “ God the Son.” In other words there is no such thing as Θεοῦ υἱοῦ in the bible which Trinitarians translate to “God the Son.” It is an unbiblical invention.
I didn't know they used commas in the original Greek.

There is more than one way to express a truth claim.
Elaborate.

Does anything resembling “ God the Son” occur in the GNT ? Here are the ways this could have been accomplished: Θεος υἱός, or ὁ Θεος ὁ υἱός, or ὁ Θεος υἱός. None of these occur in the GNT.

Last edited:
I didn't know they used commas in the original Greek.
The comma is a stand in for “ that is” for simplicity. In other words the Greek expression Θεοῦ Πατρὸς is translated literally as “ God, that is, the Father.” It is a statement of identity and not of predication .

It's pretty basic....Jesus Christ is God. Jesus Christ is the Son....that would mean Jesus Christ is God the son.

It's pretty basic....Jesus Christ is God. Jesus Christ is the Son....that would mean Jesus Christ is God the son.
Only if you treat ὁ Θεος as a mere proposition of logic. The bible identifies ὁ Θεος as the person of the Father, to the exclusion of anyone else.

If it is true that Jesus Christ is God and also the Son, why doesn’t the GNT use the expression “God the Son” but only Trinitarians do so, in post-biblical writings ? Clearly your first assertion ( that Jesus is God) seems to me to be suspect.

Back