God 'accepts decisions of man'?

Bible and a Missal, are two different things.
No, they are basically the same, they contain the same words but arranged differently.

Sermon's are preached directly from the bible.
As sermons in orthodox believing churches are. The words, the passages are the same. 1 Cor 25 does not change if they are printed in a Bible, in a Missal, or if I write it down on a piece of paper by hand.

because we are often asked to open our bibles and read along as the pastor speaks.
Yes, exactly as I do when in church. The passage is read and I follow along. The Priest then does his homily (sermon) that is taken directly from the OT and NT readings, and the Gospel for the day - weaving them together to make the message of God clear to the people in the pews. You are on no higher ground just because you have the whole Bible in your lap.

Your not speaking to someone who has attended any angelican, church of Christ, orthodox, eastern orthodox, Lutheran, methodist, pentecostal, reformed baptist, presbyterian, roman catholic, adventist. There has only been twice, that i've been in a church which is different than the one I normally attend. One was when I was a child. Don't know what kind of church it was, because it is in another state than the one I live in, and only when my family was visiting relatives. And the other, I can not recall the name right off hand, but I can say, that after what occurred during a service, I never went back.

Any preacher, teacher, priest, or pastor who teaches/preaches error, no matter WHO they are; the bible tells us to walk away from them. Have I walked out of bible only churches? Yup.

4Him said:
No one other than Jesus establishes any churches and it is Jesus that places us in His body as He pleases.
More Protestant made up stuff.
which Protestants made up that 'stuff' - the Protestants who are believers or those who aren't believers? how do you know the difference between the 2?

Jesus established ONE CHURCH.
yes, He did, not the rcc men. He decides who becomes part of it, He draws them to Him thru Christ, He changes their hearts and places them into His church, His body in the rebirth. That is the 'come to Jesus' experience that changes one's life forever (and eternity). it'll turn your life upside own and inside out. you don't sign a form joining a 'particular group of humans' who center around 1 human man (appointed by other men) or get sprinkled with water, you don't need your parents permission or authority for it, it doesn't happen at a prescheduled time or place (set by men).

And we are brought into it through BAPTISM.
we are brought into His church by spiritual baptism into Christ when God changes the heart.

spiritual baptism into Christ alone (no one gets wet), water baptism is the outward expression of one's spiritual rebirth.

those who haven't yet experienced the spiritual rebirth have nothing to express by a water baptism.

They are not basically the same. Any church that doesnt have bibles in their church is being controlled by a religious spirit. That is definitely a red flag.
You got your Bibles and yet continue to interpret so much of the Christian faith wrongly - so much for that. Be that as it may, our priest holds up the Bible for all to see before he reads the gospel from it.

You got your Bibles and yet continue to interpret so much of the Christian faith wrongly - so much for that. Be that as it may, our priest holds up the Bible for all to see before he reads the gospel from it.
since the rcc doesn't teach the truth of God's word, then how would you know that?

the Christian faith is much different than the 'catholic faith'. all the rcc teaches is its faith - faith in it and what it teaches. it's all about the rcc.

Christian faith is all about Christ and His sacrifice for us. that's what the apostles taught, but that's not what the rcc teaches.

What is that supposed to mean? If I take pen and paper and write down John 3:16 and hand it to you to read, does what I have written cease to become John 3:16 just because it is now in my handwriting and you are not reading it directly yourself from the printed bible? Don't be ridiculous.

Just because we have the words from the Bible written down in a book we call a Missal to correspond to our way of a liturgical form of worship does not make them less biblical in any way, shape, manner, or form. One of your Pastors giving a sermon on a biblical passage that differs from the sermon of the Pastor from the church down the street on the same biblical passage does not show unity or consistency from you folks in any way. You have nothing to crow about regarding this reality.
My missal was not as big as my bible.

Yes, exactly as I do when in church. The passage is read and I follow along. The Priest then does his homily (sermon) that is taken directly from the OT and NT readings, and the Gospel for the day - weaving them together to make the message of God clear to the people in the pews. You are on no higher ground just because you have the whole Bible in your lap.
If a was a betting man I would bet that he is reading out of the lectionary not the bible. Never saw a bible in any catholic church I ever attended.

Lectionary is not the bible . A Lectionary is composed of the readings and the responsorial psalm assigned for each Mass of the year (Sundays, weekdays, and special occasions). The readings are divided by the day or the theme (baptism, marriage, vocations, etc.) rather than according to the books of the Bible. Introductions and conclusions have been added to each reading.

how would you know that without reading and studying actual scripture?

Christian faith is not what the rcc (Vat I or II) teaches.
I am stunned they do not read and study actual scriptures and they think they know we have interpreted it incorrectly. HMMM yet not one of them can name an apostle who prayed to Mary after she died, this alone proves they add to scripture.

Lectionary is not the bible . A Lectionary is composed of the readings and the responsorial psalm assigned for each Mass of the year (Sundays, weekdays, and special occasions). The readings are divided by the day or the theme (baptism, marriage, vocations, etc.) rather than according to the books of the Bible. Introductions and conclusions have been added to each reading.
Okay, it's a lectionary. It contains the same words that are printed in the Bible, so there is really no difference - Scripture is Scripture. And you are correct, it is divided up to correspond with our liturgical way of worship, so there is really no problem there either.

Where do the readings come from?

Where do the readings come from?
They follow the same pattern found in the Jewish liturgy. This is especially the case with John's gospel which follows a three-year cycle which is practically identical to what the Catholic church continues to follow to this day.

This strongly suggests that the narratives are liturgical rather than historical.

They follow the same pattern found in the Jewish liturgy. This is especially the case with John's gospel which follows a three-year cycle which is practically identical to what the Catholic church continues to follow to this day.

This strongly suggests that the narratives are liturgical rather than historical.
Thank you. They come from Scripture. You can look up the mass readings for the day, anyday, and it will display the first reading (usually Old Testament), Psalms, second reading if it is a Sunday or holy day (usually an epistle) and a gospel reading. These same readings are proclaimed all around the world on that day.

Thank you. They come from Scripture.
Which were written down after the schism with Judaism. Prior to that it was oral commentary proclaiming the gospel message in the synagogues on the Sabbath.
You can look up the mass readings for the day, anyday, and it will display the first reading (usually Old Testament), Psalms, second reading if it is a Sunday or holy day (usually an epistle) and a gospel reading. These same readings are proclaimed all around the world on that day.
If you take it one step farther into the past, you'll then see that the gospel fits the Jewish liturgical calendar like a hand into a glove.

It spotlights that the early church was keeping all of the Jewish feast days.

Back