God and the desire to save

TomFL

Well, Jesus had sheep he had not gathered unto the fold yet, so, in that state of time they were yet unbelievers; John 10:16 (note also John 11:52 which also carries this thought) and still being unbelievers not yet gathered, they were under wrath; Ephesians 2:3, then comes Ephesians 2:4ff where the "But God..." comes in and He brings them into the fold.
Sheep are followers either of Christ or the father

so they were all believers either of Christ or the Father

At that time God was handing his sheep over to Jesus

preacher4truth

Sheep are followers either of Christ or the father

so they were all believers either of Christ or the Father

At that time God was handing his sheep over to Jesus
I believe that but that isn't the end all, and doesn't deal with the texts at hand.

Jesus came to seek and to save His lost sheep. He doesn't save goats. The fact is they are His sheep, though lost, and He finds them and saves them in time.

TomFL

I believe that but that isn't the end all, and doesn't deal with the texts at hand.

Jesus came to seek and to save His lost sheep. He doesn't save goats. The fact is they are His sheep, though lost, and He finds them and saves them in time.
Who were the lost sheep of Israel

if not followers of God who strayed

preacher4truth

Who were the lost sheep of Israel

if not followers of God who strayed
All that he gathers are His sheep, they are all gathered into His one fold and He is their one Shepherd. That's what He does, He seeks and saves His sheep that were lost.

TomFL

All that he gathers are His sheep, they are all gathered into His one fold and He is their one Shepherd. That's what He does, He seeks and saves His sheep that were lost.
Yes his sheep

which are his followers

John 10:14 —KJV
“I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.”

either of God or the son