God Destroys Righteous Ones Who Fail To Persevere and Shrink Back

Daniel.

Once again. You cannot misrepresent what other people have said. You must provide a link.
So you admit you're "wading" (since you want to talk about "tall weeds") into a discussion you know nothing about yet you quickly "found" that I was at fault. I can't say that I am shocked that you display partiality toward your fellow Calvinists.

His comment I responded to was in the response you found fault with wasn't it?

Daniel.

Great admission. You can't un-shake the faith of true believers. PERIOD.
So, their faith is already shaken and that that cannot be undone? I agree that any Calvinist who is humble enough to admit their error will be shaken by the Scriptures being shared that refute Calvinism here.

Last edited:

Simpletruther

That part is not even relevant--"My righteous one will live by faith, but if HE shrinks back, My soul will have no pleasure in HIM... we are not of those [righteous ones] who shrink back to destruction". When God says "if My righteous one shrinks back" that is the same group the author is referring to in v39.
No “those” isn’t righteous ones, it’s the ones that shrink back, who were deceivers all along like Judas.

Daniel.

That's not the topic--again, I've noticed you Calvinists (with a couple exceptions) tend not to want to face the actual Scripture being discussed, you want to run away to another verse you think offers your position some protection. Hebrews 10:36-39 teaches those righteous by faith must endure or else God will have no pleasure in them and so will destroy them. Anyone who wants to know the truth can read that and understand it--it takes someone committed to an idea CONTRARY to the plain text to deny what is plainly stated.

Simpletruther

That's not the topic--again, I've noticed you Calvinists (with a couple exceptions) tend not to want to face the actual Scripture being discussed, you want to run away to another verse you think offers your position some protection. Hebrews 10:36-39 teaches those righteous by faith must endure or else God will have no pleasure in them and so will destroy them. Anyone who wants to know the truth can read that and understand it--it takes someone committed to an idea CONTRARY to the plain text to deny what is plainly stated.
Nice rant, only I responded to the same scripture you commented on. Perhaps you are confusing me with another poster.

Daniel.

really ? you can't tell the difference between real faith and a so-called faith ?
What you're unwittingly insinuating is that these people tricked God into thinking they had faith, since God called them "My Righteous one". Yeah, I think I'll just stick to Scripture : "You have need of endurance, for if God's righteous one, who has life by his faith, shrinks back God will destroy them." It's plain. No wrangling needed.

Daniel.

It clearly says they all will come (arrive). All of them.

And all the Father gives will be raised...........period.
You keep wanting me to answer this.

Again and again, the answer is : the discussion is Hebrews 10, you're discussing John 6, so you're in the wrong thread.

Simpletruther

You keep wanting me to answer this.

Again and again, the answer is : the discussion is Hebrews 10, you're discussing John 6, so you're in the wrong thread.
You made a comment on john 6 earlier. So don't blame me for responding.

Plus some scriptures are unclear without seeing them in light of clearer scriptures. So refusing to look at other relevant scriptures is a red flag of an agenda.

Hebrews never says the righteous ones will shrink back. This is fact. And it also says "we" will not shrink back. These are facts.

Last edited:
G

guest1

What you're unwittingly insinuating is that these people tricked God into thinking they had faith, since God called them "My Righteous one". Yeah, I think I'll just stick to Scripture : "You have need of endurance, for if God's righteous one, who has life by his faith, shrinks back God will destroy them." It's plain. No wrangling needed.
read the context and verse 39.

end of discussion as real faith like I said perseveres to the end.