God Determines it all= Good and evil

G

guest1

Genesis 50:20
As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today.

Proverbs 16:9
A man’s heart plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.

Proverbs 16:33
The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the LORD.

Proverbs 19:21
There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.

Psalm 33:10
The LORD frustrates the plans of the nations; He thwarts the devices of the peoples

Psalm 37:23
The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, And He delights in his way.

Isaiah 14:24
The LORD of Hosts has sworn: "Surely, as I have planned, so will it be; as I have purposed, so will it stand.

Acts 2:23
this Man, delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put Him to death.

Luke 22:22
Indeed, the Son of Man will go as it has been determined, but woe to that man who betrays Him."

John 17:12
12 While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

Acts 1:16-19
16 and said, "Brothers, the Scripture had to be fulfilled which the Holy Spirit spoke long ago through the mouth of David concerning Judas, who served as guide for those who arrested Jesus— 17 he was one of our number and shared in this ministry."

18 (With the reward he got for his wickedness, Judas bought a field; there he fell headlong, his body burst open and all his intestines spilled out. 19 Everyone in Jerusalem heard about this, so they called that field in their language Akeldama, that is, Field of Blood.)

Psalm 109:4-8
In return for my friendship they accuse me,
but I am a man of prayer.
5 They repay me evil for good,
and hatred for my friendship.

6 Appoint an evil man to oppose him;
let an accuser stand at his right hand.
7 When he is tried, let him be found guilty,
and may his prayers condemn him.
8 May his days be few;
may another take his place of leadership.

Acts 4:27-28
Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate met together with the Gentiles and the people of Israel in this city to conspire against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed. They carried out what Your hand and will had decided beforehand would happen.

conclusion: God is Sovereign in control over both good and evil in the affairs of men. Your arguments are not against me but Gods word above. So you can work out your disagreements with God.

hope this helps !!!

Septextura

1 Chronicles 29
11 Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is]the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all.
12 Both riches and honour come of thee, and thou reignest over all; and in thine hand is power and might; and in thine hand it is to make great, and to give strength unto all.

Psalm 103:19
The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.

Psalms 115:3
But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.

Psalm 135:6
Whatsoever the LORD pleased, that did he in heaven, and in earth, in the seas, and all deep places.

Lamentations 3:37
Who is he that saith, and it cometh to pass, when the Lord commandeth it not?

Job 42:2
I know that thou canst do every [thing], and [that] no thought can be withholden from thee.

Isaiah 45
5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
8 Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.
9 Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

Isaiah 46
9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and [there is] none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times [the things] that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Daniel 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Romans 9:18
Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will [have mercy], and whom he will he hardeneth.

Romans 9:21
Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Ephesians 1
11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

Here is Job 25 in full. A whole chapter about God being Sovereign Almighty King, and man no more than a maggot. Are you getting any whiffs of libertarian free will here?

Job 25
1 Then answered Bildad the Shuhite, and said,
2 Dominion and fear are with him, he maketh peace in his high places.
3 Is there any number of his armies? and upon whom doth not his light arise?
4 How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman?
5 Behold even to the moon, and it shineth not; yea, the stars are not pure in his sight.
6 How much less man, that is a worm? and the son of man, which is a worm?

Last edited:
G

guest1

1 Chronicles 29
11 Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is]the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all.
12 Both riches and honour come of thee, and thou reignest over all; and in thine hand is power and might; and in thine hand it is to make great, and to give strength unto all.

Psalm 103:19
The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.

Psalms 115:3
But our God [is] in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.

Psalm 135:6
Whatsoever the LORD pleased, that did he in heaven, and in earth, in the seas, and all deep places.

Lamentations 3:37
Who is he that saith, and it cometh to pass, [when] the Lord commandeth it not?

Job 42:2
I know that thou canst do every [thing], and [that] no thought can be withholden from thee.

Isaiah 45
5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
8 Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.
9 Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

Isaiah 46
9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and [there is] none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times [the things] that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Daniel 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Romans 9:18
Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will [have mercy], and whom he will he hardeneth.

Romans 9:21
Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Ephesians 1
11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

Here is Job 25 in full. A whole chapter about God being Sovereign Almighty King, and man no more than a maggot. Are you getting any whiffs of libertarian free will here?

Job 25
1 Then answered Bildad the Shuhite, and said,
2 Dominion and fear are with him, he maketh peace in his high places.
3 Is there any number of his armies? and upon whom doth not his light arise?
4 How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman?
5 Behold even to the moon, and it shineth not; yea, the stars are not pure in his sight.
6 How much less man, that is a worm? and the son of man, which is a worm?
The evidence is OVERWHELMING !

preacher4truth

Genesis 50:20
As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today.

Proverbs 16:9
A man’s heart plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.

Proverbs 16:33
The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the LORD.

Proverbs 19:21
There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.

Psalm 33:10
The LORD frustrates the plans of the nations; He thwarts the devices of the peoples

Psalm 37:23
The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, And He delights in his way.

Isaiah 14:24
The LORD of Hosts has sworn: "Surely, as I have planned, so will it be; as I have purposed, so will it stand.

Acts 2:23
this Man, delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put Him to death.

Luke 22:22
Indeed, the Son of Man will go as it has been determined, but woe to that man who betrays Him."

John 17:12
12 While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

Acts 1:16-19
16 and said, "Brothers, the Scripture had to be fulfilled which the Holy Spirit spoke long ago through the mouth of David concerning Judas, who served as guide for those who arrested Jesus— 17 he was one of our number and shared in this ministry."

18 (With the reward he got for his wickedness, Judas bought a field; there he fell headlong, his body burst open and all his intestines spilled out. 19 Everyone in Jerusalem heard about this, so they called that field in their language Akeldama, that is, Field of Blood.)

Psalm 109:4-8
In return for my friendship they accuse me,
but I am a man of prayer.
5 They repay me evil for good,
and hatred for my friendship.

6 Appoint an evil man to oppose him;
let an accuser stand at his right hand.
7 When he is tried, let him be found guilty,
and may his prayers condemn him.
8 May his days be few;
may another take his place of leadership.

Acts 4:27-28
Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate met together with the Gentiles and the people of Israel in this city to conspire against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed. They carried out what Your hand and will had decided beforehand would happen.

conclusion: God is Sovereign in control over both good and evil in the affairs of men. Your arguments are not against me but Gods word above. So you can work out your disagreements with God.

hope this helps !!!
I love Daniel 4 here:

34 At the end of the days I, Nebuchadnezzar, lifted my eyes to heaven, and my reason returned to me, and I blessed the Most High, and praised and honored him who lives forever, for his dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom endures from generation to generation;

35 all the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, and he does according to his will among the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand or say to him, "What have you done?"

36 At the same time my reason returned to me, and for the glory of my kingdom, my majesty and splendor returned to me. My counselors and my lords sought me, and I was established in my kingdom, and still more greatness was added to me.

37 Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and extol and honor the King of heaven, for all his works are right and his ways are just; and those who walk in pride he is able to humble.

PeanutGallery

conclusion:
God is Sovereign in control over both good and evil in the affairs of men. Your arguments are not against me but Gods word above. So you can work out your disagreements with God.

hope this helps !!!
The disagreement is not over God's Sovereignty; rather, it is over your definition of Sovereignty, as in meticulous decree of every thing that comes to pass, even micro managing actions and thoughts.

Septextura

I love Daniel 4 here:

34 At the end of the days I, Nebuchadnezzar, lifted my eyes to heaven, and my reason returned to me, and I blessed the Most High, and praised and honored him who lives forever, for his dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom endures from generation to generation;

35 all the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, and he does according to his will among the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand or say to him, "What have you done?"

36 At the same time my reason returned to me, and for the glory of my kingdom, my majesty and splendor returned to me. My counselors and my lords sought me, and I was established in my kingdom, and still more greatness was added to me.

37 Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and extol and honor the King of heaven, for all his works are right and his ways are just; and those who walk in pride he is able to humble.

Wasn't that guy Nebuchadnezzar the most powerful man in the world, but took a small vacation as a four legged grass-fed vegan? :unsure:

G

guest1

And I didn't even use Romans 9 since the haters always object and make excuses :)

I mean God didn't really hate esau, God lied for He really meant to say Jacob I loved and Esau I loved more. I mean c'mon God doesn't really hate anything or anyone that is unfair and unloving and God is love, but wait He is also Holy, Just, Righteous as well. OOPS

Last edited by a moderator:

JDS

And I didn't even use Romans 9 since the haters always object and make excuses :)

I mean God didn't really hate esau, God lied for He really meant to say Jacob I loved and Esau I loved more. I mean c'mon God doesn't really hate anything or anyone that is unfair and unloving and God is love, but wait He is also Holy, Just, Righteous as well. OOPS
My heads spins.

Civic. Please do not tell me you hate your family and that you cannot determine what Jesus Christ means when he uses the word hate when it is in the context of love/hate. I am not buying it and I know why you are muddying the water. You want to prove an unprovable doctrine that you want to be true.

Luke 14:26
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

G

guest1

My heads spins.

Civic. Please do not tell me you hate your family and that you cannot determine what Jesus Christ means when he uses the word hate when it is in the context of love/hate. I am not buying it and I know why you are muddying the water. You want to prove an unprovable doctrine that you want to be true.

Luke 14:26
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
humanistic understanding always fails.

JDS

Psalm 115:16
The heaven, even the heavens, are the Lord's: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.

Matt 4: 1Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.

3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,

6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

1 John 5:19
And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

13 At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me.
14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.
16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;
17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,
18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:

You guys are mining scriptures without context to prove a doctrinal system that is not true. It is demonstrably not true. Nothing you fellows teach about God is true. Nothing.

Our Lord's God

Psalm 115:16
The heaven, even the heavens, are the Lord's: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.

Matt 4: 1Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.

3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,

6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

1 John 5:19
And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

13 At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me.
14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.
16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;
17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,
18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:

You guys are mining scriptures without context to prove a doctrinal system that is not true. It is demonstrably not true. Nothing you fellows teach about God is true. Nothing.

They treat the Bible like it is Home Depot where they get to select the materials they want to build what they want.

The disturbing thing is that they are completely oblivious as to why that would be a problem.

G

guest1

So do empty responses without any substance.
see here for the truth and if you do not like that then read the OP but take off those unitarian glasses when you read the passages.

Our Lord's God

see here for the truth and if you do not like that then read the OP but take off those unitarian glasses when you read the passages.

Did Jesus teach you to hate your family?