God did not become the last Adam

Truther

I believe I asked you a question.
I answer it every way you ask.

I am now trying to read your mind.

You teach Acts 2:38 means this?...

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized BY THE HOLY GHOST every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost?

Or this?...

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost?

Truther

Nope. You just love to pretend I debunk John 4:24 as you pretend John 1:1-18 doesn't exist in Scripture.

"God is Spirit": of course. When are you going to say something meaningful?

God Bless
I don't enjoy watching you debunk Jesus' description of what God consists of in John 4:24.

I just expose your error to help you get in agreement with him.

I will even try to get you imagine yourself to be the person he was telling it to, to see if you would say "no, Jesus, God is also you, not just him...him...".
That is ridiculous, for the Holy Scriptures' says ," I Am the Lord and I change not"!! You are just full of contradiction. The words of My Lord contradict your Christological science when He says,"
Are you saying the mighty God and everlasting Father was once a sperm cell that mated with Mary's egg? (The everlasting Father mated with his mother's egg)?

Egad!

nan

I answer it every way you ask.

I am now trying to read your mind.

You teach Acts 2:38 means this?...

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized BY THE HOLY GHOST every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost?

Or this?...

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost?
My question was .. where does the word water appear in the cited scripture? And no, you didn't answer it.

Verse 38 doesn't refer 'directly' (or indirectly) to water baptism.

15 John baptized with water, but in just a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.” Do you not see the difference?

aeg4971

Very little I agree with. No, God does not have two natures and Father in the Son and the Son in the Father is one nature and that is Spirit. There is not two persons Father and the Son but God himself is a Father and Son because Elohim is a plurality and Son also includes billions of sons in the Now and on stage participating with God as human creations being made in God's express image in Christ. There you go. :)

God bless you,

SeventhDay
How can you disagree when your reply is completely out of Biblical scriptural and theological context. As usual you are objecting to words and terms, and not what is meant to be understood.

No, God does not have two natures and Father in the Son and the Son in the Father is one nature and that is Spirit.
I have no idea what point you intended to make by asserting," God does not have two natures" considering we WOULD NOT conversely say ,"God has two natures", as when we say," This man the Christ subsist in two natures". The scriptural sentence that affirms this is, "God manifested in the flesh and justified in the spirit". Did you forget God is spirit?
By reason of asserting, the Father in the Son", is a relative opposition ,which imports a distinction, and according to scriptures , manifestly expressed by way of hypostasis ( not mode or role). One is the Father and another is the Son.

There is not two persons Father and the Son but God himself is a Father and Son because Elohim is a plurality and Son also includes billions of sons in the Now and on stage participating with God as human creations being made in God's express image in Christ. There you go.
The Father and Son are two distinct persons. Every person by Himself is God nothing less than God Himself. That is not the same as stated ," The Father and Son are individual beings/gods/subjects". Which is what you erroneously and fallaciously assert.

Furthermore the Son is God manifested in the flesh , and thus the Son is not a participation in being. On account of , Jesus the Christ is one and the same only begotten Son and consubstantial Word of God, made in the likeness of me.

You only disagree what your own imported concept, and not is meant to be understood.

How can you disagree when your reply is completely out of Biblical scriptural and theological context. As usual you are objecting to words and terms, and not what is meant to be understood.

I have no idea what point you intended to make by asserting," God does not have two natures" considering we WOULD NOT conversely say ,"God has two natures", as when we say," This man the Christ subsist in two natures". The scriptural sentence that affirms this is, "God manifested in the flesh and justified in the spirit". Did you forget God is spirit?
By reason of asserting, the Father in the Son", is a relative opposition ,which imports a distinction, and according to scriptures , manifestly expressed by way of hypostasis ( not mode or role). One is the Father and another is the Son.

The Father and Son are two distinct persons. Every person by Himself is God nothing less than God Himself. That is not the same as stated ," The Father and Son are individual beings/gods/subjects". Which is what you erroneously and fallaciously assert.

Furthermore the Son is God manifested in the flesh , and thus the Son is not a participation in being. On account of , Jesus the Christ is one and the same only begotten Son and consubstantial Word of God, made in the likeness of me.

You only disagree what your own imported concept, and not is meant to be understood.
Such confusion! Where did I mention that God was not Spirit. You teach that God has two natures and then state God does not have two natures and try to make "A' non "A". Trinity rhetoric is contradiction and thus is confusion! I am not going to waste time with your rhetoric. Also, let us go through one thing at a time and see if we can come to an agreement on each point. If we can not agree on one point then we can discuss another point. :)

God bless you,

SeventhDay

aeg4971

The Word is Father and the Son in relationship as a unified one, Elohim is a plurality but that plurality is God's oneness and there are a multitude of sons in that plurality as well.

God's oneness is this: God is complete in himself and all are complete in God and God is complete in them. Everything in God is roles because God is one entity not three! :)

God bless you,

SeventhDay
First of all, Jesus is the Son because God is His Father ,and second of all,
He is the Logos/Word Himself proceeding in the form of the servant. Everything in God is in no way roles, since all in Him is His essence. And thus all in God is numerically one with the divine nature.

We are Sons by partaking of the divine nature, whereas this man the Christ is the Son of God by way of hypostasis.

aeg4971

Such confusion! Where did I mention that God was not Spirit. You teach that God has two natures and then state God does not have two natures and try to make "A' non "A". Trinity rhetoric is contradiction and thus is confusion! I am not going to waste time with your rhetoric. Also, let us go through one thing at a time and see if we can come to an agreement on each point. If we can not agree on one point then we can discuss another point. :)

God bless you,

SeventhDay

There is no confusion. I rightly understand. Your anti Trinitarian straw and fallacious arguments suggest you are not sure God is spirit. Three persons in God are in no way distinct therefrom really same virtus spirationis" That same sprit. .

Yes, God did empty himself but God is still there who is Spirit in flesh form and there is only one personal being involved in this that we see as Father and the Son. :)

There is not two natures though! God taking on a human form of a servant does not make God two natures!

God bless you,

SeventhDay
Hello? The text says "Christ Jesus, who, though he was in form God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men." Christ Jesus isn't the same person as God being that he had equality with God before emptying himself. How can you simply ignore the wording of Scripture to claim God emptied himself?

There are two natures explicitly taught in Philippians 2. When form/
μορφὴν is contrasted with fashion/σχήματι, the term form/μορφὴν directly relates to one's innate nature. Therefore, Paul explicitly, emphatically taught in Philippians 2 that Jesus was God by nature only to take up a second nature, a human nature. You may disagree with the theology, but that's what Scripture says.

God Bless

I don't enjoy watching you debunk Jesus' description of what God consists of in John 4:24.

Then stop pretending I debunk Jesus' description of God.
I just expose your error to help you get in agreement with him.

I will even try to get you imagine yourself to be the person he was telling it to, to see if you would say "no, Jesus, God is also you, not just him...him...".

What are you talking about? Do you really think expressing this errant internal dialogue will convince anyone? In reality, I'd say "My Lord and my God." and he would likely reply "blessed are ye that have not seen, and yet have believed." You on the other hand will likely say "You said God is a Spirit, therefore you can't be God." And Jesus will reply "I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

In reality, such hypothetic games are silly. But, that's all you've got: accusation, assumption and story telling.

Are you saying the mighty God and everlasting Father was once a sperm cell that mated with Mary's egg? (The everlasting Father mated with his mother's egg)?

Egad!
Nope, this is just more story telling from truther.

God Bless

Hello? The text says "Christ Jesus, who, though he was in form God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men." Christ Jesus isn't the same person as God being that he had equality with God before emptying himself. How can you simply ignore the wording of Scripture to claim God emptied himself?

There are two natures explicitly taught in Philippians 2. When form/
μορφὴν is contrasted with fashion/σχήματι, the term form/μορφὴν directly relates to one's innate nature. Therefore, Paul explicitly, emphatically taught in Philippians 2 that Jesus was God by nature only to take up a second nature, a human nature. You may disagree with the theology, but that's what Scripture says.

God Bless
God emptying himself does not mean God became something else which is absurd or God would cease to exist.God has always been himself and God is always Spirit and is not a God-man which is two natures. You can dismiss that completely. However, God has many roles whether human roles or not God is still Spirit. Father and Son are roles you can be certain of that and God as Father and Son are spiritual roles. However, God also has a role as son of man who is called the Son of God but God is still Spirit and not a hybrid God-man which is a despicable concept to teach. :)

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Truther

My question was .. where does the word water appear in the cited scripture? And no, you didn't answer it.

Verse 38 doesn't refer 'directly' (or indirectly) to water baptism.

15 John baptized with water, but in just a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.” Do you not see the difference?
You tell me which baptism this is speaking of if not water....

38...be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins....