God draws, chooses, appoints, elects, predestines, causes, wills, grants, puts, removes, makes alive, etc........

civic

You already know this because I have told you many times.
You are focusing on the literal meaning of draw. But the text in question uses a metaphoric meaning.
A moth is drawn to a flame. This does not even imply that the moth is physically dragged to the flame.
The moth is attracted to the light. The moth is not dragged to the light.
It is the same for us and God. It is not a physical dragging, it is a spiritual attraction
So everything BELOW is literal except the word draw ?

Your method of bible study doesn't hold water. Th reason why is because it doesn't fit into your theological BIAS correct ?

John 6:37,44-45
37"All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out.
44“No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day. 45 It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught of God.’ Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me.

ReverendRV

Your method of bible study doesn't hold water. Th reason why is because it doesn't fit into your theological BIAS correct ?

37"All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out.
44“No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day. 45 It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught of God.’ Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me.
You've gottem on the ropes...

Sethproton

You are speaking in a way that lacks detail and understanding of specifics. In the passage you quote, the ideas are literal, yet the word "draw" is used in a figurative way. Language is more complex than your post would seem to recognize.

Last edited:

civic

You are speaking in a way that lacks detail and understanding of specifics. In the passage you quote, the ideas are literal, yet the word "draw" is used in a figurative way. Language is more complex that your post would seem to recognize.
No it’s not there is absolutely no way to interpret it in a non literal way when everything else is literal in the passage.

You see it’s just another example how your own preconceived ideas effect your understanding of the Bible without using basic hermeneutics.

Sethproton

No it’s not there is absolutely no way to interpret it in a non literal way when everything else is literal in the passage.

You see it’s just another example how your own preconceived ideas effect your understanding of the Bible without using basic hermeneutics.
There are no grammar rules like that. A literal statement can be constructed out of figurative elements.

Sethproton

Quote the "definition Greek [sic]", that states the verb is defined as not necessarily reaching the goal.

We can see from USAGE that this is always true.

You are shifting the burden of proof. Why?
Because you can't prove your false claim.
I knew you would not post the definition, which is because you know what the definition states and you would have to admit you have been misrepresenting it.

ReverendRV

Yes, no one will disagree with that, Praise God that Jesus is Lord
That if you Confess with your mouth that Jesus is LORD, and believe in your heart that he has Risen, you will be Saved...

Jesus Christ, the Son of David, is LORD...

Can you Confess that and believe it? If not, doesn't it mean I have another Jesus?

Last edited:

Reformedguy

When the other poster lays out the meanings of the word. he focuses on the literal meanings of the word, not the figurative meaning,
Literally the word means dragged. Figuratively it means attracted

Your question about being drawn spiritually in a literal way should be answered "yes." You are literally attracted to God.
I can literally be dragged or attracted, as you put it, yes. It's not a either either or

Sethproton

That if you Confess with your mouth that Jesus is LORD, and believe in your heart that he has Risen, you will be Saved...

Jesus Christ, the Son of David, is LORD...

Can you Confess that and believe it? If not, doesn't it mean I have another Jesus?
If you deny these truths, I would agree with you, you are probably not a Christian

Sethproton

Nobody said it would. Or its possible i am attracted to being dragged down the center of town
Ok, then I misunderstood your post.
And yes, good point, you could be both dragged down the street and attracted to being dragged down the street, Two separate concepts.

Last edited:

Rockson

You conflate lust with drawing, what a JOKE and MOCKERY you make out of the scriptures.
Sorry Civic but that poster did NO such thing! Here's something you can do. Type in on your search engine,

Drawn, lust, and James. Do you know where it'll take you? The scriptures. James 1:14

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Jm 1:14

preacher4truth

Sorry Civic but that poster did NO such thing! Here's something you can do. Type in on your search engine,

Drawn, lust, and James. Do you know where it'll take you? The scriptures. James 1:14

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Jm 1:14
So what point are you attempting to make with your search and its results?

Theo1689

I knew you would not post the definition, which is because you know what the definition states and you would have to admit you have been misrepresenting it.

I have proven my point through USAGE.

You STILL haven't provided ANY definition, nor ANY example of usage that isn't 100% efficacious.

Nobody's going to fall for you fallaciously trying to shift the burden of proof.