God Has A Design For His Church

Your institution is supposedly all about worshiping God. But all of this stuff listed below is front and center in RC worship. These things are more important to RC's than Christ is.

Faith and trust in dead people, mary, pope, scapulars, statues, paintings, relics, corpses, medallions, beads, monstrances, wafers, men, institutions, superstitions, candles, etc....
This ends up being an offensive statement, but honestly, when you see things, it does certainly make you wonder if Christ is like the monarch of England from a Christian perspective. Paid a lot of lip service, but really just a figurehead. I took this picture at my parent's last time I went. I was sitting outside praying, and when I got up I looked at them and got to thinking about the theology that was there. Make no mistake, beyond the practices, all of the iconography and imagery conveys theology.

"Jesus", standing there with a nondescript look on his face, pointing at the heart, with no gesture towards the people. Just, "Hey, I'm Jesus. See the heart here?"

In contrast, "Mary", standing there with a soft and compassionate look on her face, arms outstretched, welcoming people, beckoning them to come to her, complete with the serpent under her left foot.

This theology is not only one that "Mary" is more welcoming than Jesus, softer, kinder, more compassionate, but that she is actually the victor over satan, not Jesus. There is no serpent under the foot in "his" statue.

And then they trot out a statue of "Mary" that is the size of a small child once a week, put it in the middle of the room, gather around it with their friends, and pray, chant, and sing...to "Mary".

Yeah, when one sees this stuff is it any wonder than some might wonder just what part this Jesus guy plays? Be honest, based on the picture and nothing else, who would you feel more comfortable dealing with?

JesusAndMary.jpg

Direct quote: "I don't want to hear what is in that book."
They are not good at Catholic apologetics. If they were, you would get arguments like many of us Catholics post here. You folks don't own the Bible and your interpretation of it is poor. No matter what you try to say, Jesus did say that the chalice at the Last Supper is the New Covenant in his blood. I have his words in black and white and so do you.

They are not good at Catholic apologetics. If they were, you would get arguments like many of us Catholics post here. You folks don't own the Bible and your interpretation of it is poor. No matter what you try to say, Jesus did say that the chalice at the Last Supper is the New Covenant in his blood. I have his words in black and white and so do you.

You need to go back and re-read the post you quoted. RC's misread posts a lot.

Do you really think it isn't?
To say it is out the window is to betray a lack of faith in Jesus whatsoever. There may not be a lot of unity in your perspective, but to say it is out the wondow is to say the bird has flown and it is now not possible any more.

You'll deny it, but that is what the saying means.

Like I said, comes across as having no faith in Jesus to do what he said. Like Abraham and Sarah with Hagar and Ishmael. Or thinking one should go to Mary because she'll bring them to Jesus, as if He is unapproachable.

Seems to me I went through that and you didn't have much of an answer for it.

If you want to stomp your foot and say that "Jesus said it" you need to do it in context with all of what He said, unless you'd like to say He contradicts Himself.

If you think us folks have a bad interpretation, you are welcome to wrestle through it with us. But you have to do some work, not just through catholic prooftexts and arguments. You'd really have to study and be well versed.

Seems to me I went through that and you didn't have much of an answer for it.
Who says I cannot see what I see in scripture?
If you want to stomp your foot and say that "Jesus said it" you need to do it in context with all of what He said, unless you'd like to say He contradicts Himself.
He says one thing and a letter writer says something else. You tell me if that is a contradiction.

If you think us folks have a bad interpretation,
You do.
You'd really have to study and be well versed.
And if I don't, does that make me less of a Christian? Does God not still love me?

Your institution is supposedly all about worshiping God. But all of this stuff listed below is front and center in RC worship. These things are more important to RC's than Christ is.

Faith and trust in dead people, mary, pope, scapulars, statues, paintings, relics, corpses, medallions, beads, monstrances, wafers, men, institutions, superstitions, candles, etc....
If you are speaking anecdotally about individual Catholics, I cannot say. But if you are speaking about the Catholic Church, where the Eucharist is said to be the source and summit of our faith, then you are wrong.

No matter what you try to say, Jesus did say that the chalice at the Last Supper is the New Covenant in his blood. I have his words in black and white and so do you.
One has to reconcile Scripture first. Matt. 26:28 doesn't mention the cup (chalice) as the New Covenant, but the SHED blood. The same in Mk. 14:24 SHED blood.
Though Lk. 22:20 does mention cup, it also mentions SHED blood.
The chalice is not the New Covenant, but the SHED blood apparently is.
This SHED blood never happened before the cross. The atonement was at the cross, the forgiveness of sins was at the cross.
I Pet. 2:24- Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
Heb. 9:22b... without the shedding of blood is no remission.
26b.. but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
Is. 53:5- But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

You are not reconciling Scripture. You are simply following the lead of your master's.
We do have Jesus words (my Bible has them in red). but we also know how to reconcile to receive knowledge and understand doctrine.
Is. 28:9-13; John 5:39; Eph. 5: 10-13; II Tim. 2:15; II Tim. 3:15,16; II Tim. 4:2,3.
Even Jesus words were written in the Scriptures by men.
You are a closed mind, and as you state... "no matter what you try to say" , (or the Scriptures for that matter) you ain't gonna accept it.

This ends up being an offensive statement, but honestly, when you see things, it does certainly make you wonder if Christ is like the monarch of England from a Christian perspective. Paid a lot of lip service, but really just a figurehead. I took this picture at my parent's last time I went. I was sitting outside praying, and when I got up I looked at them and got to thinking about the theology that was there. Make no mistake, beyond the practices, all of the iconography and imagery conveys theology.

"Jesus", standing there with a nondescript look on his face, pointing at the heart, with no gesture towards the people. Just, "Hey, I'm Jesus. See the heart here?"

In contrast, "Mary", standing there with a soft and compassionate look on her face, arms outstretched, welcoming people, beckoning them to come to her, complete with the serpent under her left foot.

This theology is not only one that "Mary" is more welcoming than Jesus, softer, kinder, more compassionate, but that she is actually the victor over satan, not Jesus. There is no serpent under the foot in "his" statue.

And then they trot out a statue of "Mary" that is the size of a small child once a week, put it in the middle of the room, gather around it with their friends, and pray, chant, and sing...to "Mary".

Yeah, when one sees this stuff is it any wonder than some might wonder just what part this Jesus guy plays? Be honest, based on the picture and nothing else, who would you feel more comfortable dealing with?

Um... my response to your question. Just looking at the picture you posted is uncomfortable. Because the message the statues are saying, isn't right. What I see in the picture you posted... is a lie. When I first came to carm, another poster .... put up a video of a mary statue being paraded. I was too shocked for words. The commentator in the video, is an atheist.... even she was shocked and she says in the video "just who is being worshiped here?" Even she as an atheist, could see that what she was witnessing, was NOT right.

I absolutely can NOT fathom, how anybody can think that this is even ok.

I absolutely can NOT fathom, how anybody can think that this is even ok.
Many Catholics do not think it's okay. The Church says we must do one thing towards Mary and that is to see her as the Mother of God. A lot of this "statue" parading comes from certain ethnic communities, not everyone engages in this practice.

If you are speaking anecdotally about individual Catholics, I cannot say. But if you are speaking about the Catholic Church, where the Eucharist is said to be the source and summit of our faith, then you are wrong.
How can anyone think they know what is in other people's hearts and minds? They have no clue.

Where do you think RC's get those things from? No church I have ever attended, even suggests anyone put lock, stock, and barrel into dead people, scapulars, statues, paintings, candles, relics, corpses, medallions, beads, monstrances, wafers, men, institutions, superstitions, mary

Many Catholics do not think it's okay. The Church says we must do one thing towards Mary and that is to see her as the Mother of God. A lot of this "statue" parading comes from certain ethnic communities, not everyone engages in this practice.

Doesn't matter if the mary statue is being paraded, or stationary.... praying to it or worshiping it... is flat out idolatry, that YOUR institution not only teaches, but encourages RC's to pray to the thing, that can not see, nor hear in spite of having eyes and ears. The youtube clip was videoed in california, u.s.a

Doesn't matter if the mary statue is being paraded, or stationary.... praying to it or worshiping it... is flat out idolatry, that YOUR institution not only teaches, but encourages RC's to pray to the thing, that can not see, nor hear in spite of having eyes and ears. The youtube clip was videoed in california, u.s.a

Other churches like the Eastern Orthodox are even worse. I reject your claims of worship here, that is not in our heads. Only God deserves worship and to be worshipped as he told us - through the Holy Mass.

Where do you think RC's get those things from? No church I have ever attended, even suggests anyone put lock, stock, and barrel into dead people, scapulars, statues, paintings, candles, relics, corpses, medallions, beads, monstrances, wafers, men, institutions, superstitions, mary
Neither does the Catholic Church. We are to put our hope in Jesus Christ, notwithstanding some Marian prayer some clergyman composed.

Back