God Has A Design For His Church

You e er hear of the reality show "Dog the bounty hunter"? I do not know whether it was shown down under or not. Anyway, one episode showed the inside of the woman's house that had dozens of Mary statues of various sizes in the living room alone. It was a sad sight to see.
I have family members with multiple statues of Mary around the house and multiple outside. One of Jesus for good measure.

You e er hear of the reality show "Dog the bounty hunter"? I do not know whether it was shown down under or not. Anyway, one episode showed the inside of the woman's house that had dozens of Mary statues of various sizes in the living room alone. It was a sad sight to see.
Some of my relatives had houses like that. No I have never seen or heard of that show.

20 Therefore when you come together in one place, it is not to eat the Lord’s Supper. 21 For in eating, each one takes his own supper ahead of others; and one is hungry and another is drunk. 22 What! Do you not have houses to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God and shame [a]those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you in this? I do not praise you.

23 For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread; 24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, [b]“Take, eat; this is My body which is [c]broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” 25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.”

26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes.

Yes, that is what Jesus told us to do. That is what our service is, the Holy Mass. The bible jumps from the pages and is played out fully and in real time right before the faithful. Unlike your services, it has everything a Christian needs for proper worship.

This scripture does NOT speak of communion as worship but a remembrance

ἀνάμνησις
anamnēsis
  1. a remembering, recollection
and to proclaim

καταγγέλλω
katangellō
  1. to announce, declare, promulgate, make known
  2. to proclaim publicly, publish
  3. to denounce, report, betray

as the scripture you quoted clearly, and without a doubt, states. You have, by quoting Scripture effectively proved my claim. Nowhere does Jesus or His apostles tell us communion is worship. Your institution teaches a lie and we know who the father of lies is.

as the scripture you quoted clearly, and without a doubt, states. You have, by quoting Scripture effectively proved my claim. Nowhere does Jesus or His apostles tell us communion is worship. Your institution teaches a lie and we know who the father of lies is.
Oh my! Okay then, what happens? Is everyone who ever was a Catholic or EO believer now in hell?

We are not the only ones who see communion for what it is. "At the core of a certain protestor (my word) theology lies a deep reverence for the sacrament of communion. This sacred practice holds profound importance within this certain tradition, serving as a focal point of worship, spiritual nourishment, and communal unity".

This scripture does NOT speak of communion as worship but a remembrance

ἀνάμνησις
anamnēsis
  1. a remembering, recollection
and to proclaim

καταγγέλλω
katangellō
  1. to announce, declare, promulgate, make known
  2. to proclaim publicly, publish
  3. to denounce, report, betray

When at church, is prayer worship?

From "Bible Study Tools" (Protestor Version)

"When we take communion, we are remembering Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross. The bread and wine are tangible, visible reminders of Christ’s love. Rather than simply saying “remember,” Jesus gave us a reminder. Just as we depend on food and drink to live physically, we can only live spiritually through Christ".

"Communion is a time of just that: communing. It is a chance to bring ourselves before the Lord and partake in the life He has given us through His death and resurrection".

"Bring ourselves before the Lord". If that line does not mean worship, nothing does.

"When we take communion, we are remembering Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross. The bread and wine are tangible, visible reminders of Christ’s love. Rather than simply saying “remember,” Jesus gave us a reminder. Just as we depend on food and drink to live physically, we can only live spiritually through Christ".

"Communion is a time of just that: communing. It is a chance to bring ourselves before the Lord and partake in the life He has given us through His death and resurrection".

"Bring ourselves before the Lord". If that line does not mean worship, nothing does.
Showing a lack of knowledge about prayer. Try reading all of the Psalm, then you should know prayer is worship. Everything we do should be worshipping the Lord. When we praise God in prayer, we worship Him.

Roms 12:1

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.

Ps 150: 1+

Praise the Lord! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens! Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his excellent greatness! Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp! Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe! Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals! ...

John 4:24

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

1 Tim 28

I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling;

Ps 149:3

Let them praise his name with dancing, making melody to him with tambourine and lyre!

From bible study tool slide 2:

The word worship comes from the Old English word “weorþscipe” or “worth-ship” which means “to give worth to.” In a secular context, the word can mean “to hold something in high esteem.” In a Biblical context, the Hebrew word for worship is shachah, which means to depress, to fall down, or to lay prostrate before a deity. It is to hold something up with such reverence, honor, and esteem that your only desire is to bow down before it. God specifically mandates that the focus of this type of worship be toward Him and Him alone...

In My Utmost for His Highest Oswald Chambers said, “Worship is giving God the best that He has given you.” We own nothing of worth to present to God in worship but ourselves. It is our ultimate sacrifice, giving God back the very life that He gave to us. It is our purpose and the reason we were created. 1 Peter 2:9 says that we are a “chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light.” It is the reason that we exist, to bring adoration to Him who created us.

Of course the RCC has no idea what worship is. The RC communion is not real.

Oh my! Okay then, what happens? Is everyone who ever was a Catholic or EO believer now in hell?

We are not the only ones who see communion for what it is. "At the core of a certain protestor (my word) theology lies a deep reverence for the sacrament of communion. This sacred practice holds profound importance within this certain tradition, serving as a focal point of worship, spiritual nourishment, and communal unity".
You see communion for what it isn't, proclaimed falsely by your masters, to be the literal body and blood of Jesus and salvific. Just another work for RC's to be yoked to as you ignore clear Scripture.

Last edited:

And you continue to default to NOT Scripture, to justify the unjustifiable. Worshipping a cracker and believing a piece of cracker saves you. Worshipping the left over as if it's Jesus. Idolatry and creepy to boot.

Showing a lack of knowledge about prayer. Try reading all of the Psalm, then you should know prayer is worship.
I know prayer is worship, evidently the protestor who I was responding to does not. Receiving Holy Communion is worship as well.

Of course the RCC has no idea what worship is. The RC communion is not real.
The protestors have no idea what worship is. Our communion is real and biblical, the protestor communion is fake.

That's disgusting. None of my family members ever went that far off the wall.
Someday I'll tell the story about how my parent's gave me a Mary statue for my back yard, and when I was born again I coudn't stomach it so I broke it up and threw it out. My foster daughter at the time told my mom, and I was in hot water for that.

Oh, I guess I just told the story.

On this? Do you? You aren't following Scripture, allowing Scripture to interpret, to prove Scripture, but following what your institution claims Scripture says.
Of course I follow the church and its interpretation of the scriptures, because what they say makes the most sense to me.

Of course I follow the church and its interpretation of the scriptures, because what they say makes the most sense to me.
Same thing cultists do. Let their leaders tell them what to believe because "what they say makes the most sense" to them. Even when what they state contradicts Scripture. That is the danger of following men, an institution, a hierarchy (as you have openly admitted you do) and not God as revealed in His word, given to the world by His Spirit and through His inspired writers.

That is the danger of following men,
As you folks do. We follow the teachings of the Church as a whole, all 2000 years of it, not one man here, or one man there.

a hierarchy (as you have openly admitted you do)
There was a hierarchy in biblical days. St. Paul was writing letters to the outlying churches telling them where they were going wrong and they needed to follow the church's decisions on things. Christianity was never an "anything goes" religion where things were decided by individual believers.

given to the world by His Spirit and through His inspired writers.
And a Church was put into place to lead the faithful and decide the things that needed to be decided.

Back