God Hates Perfectly just as He Loves perfectly !

civic

I have shown you many times, how faith has different meanings, yet every time it comes up you pretend not to have read a word I said to you.
On the other hand, you bring up posts i wrote years ago.
Typical of you with an evasive reply. Just admit you are incapable of proving your assumption once again .

Sethproton

So you can't support your false claim, and instead of admitting you're wrong, you want to criticize me.

Got it.
what false claim are you pointing to in my post? You did not reference anything I said in my post. you posted your ideas as if they were mine. So if you want me to support something, quote me, don't make up your own version and ask me to refute that.

civic

what false claim are you pointing to in my post? You did not reference anything I said in my post. you posted your ideas as if they were mine. So if you want me to support something, quote me, don't make up your own version and ask me to refute that.
All of them have falsehoods pick your poison seth. I will address anyone of you choose.

Johnnybgood

Perhaps you should look into that?

Perhaps you should look into that?

Oh, .... so it may be correct after all?

For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few. Matt 7.
That verse is what I was thinking of when I was reading the majority and minority comment. That was confirmation from the Holy Spirit I believe . Thank you for posting the Matthew 7 reference .

Carbon

I do not disagree. And as the other poster said, God foreknew they would, so that is not the issue,
The issue is: did God create people He hated purposing them for Hell with no possible escape?
Well, Paul does teach in Romans, 9: 22 What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction,

In which way do you understand this Seth?

did God create people He hated purposing them for Hell with no possible escape?
If you find it difficult the way scripture is worded, I'm sorry. and if you really desire an answer to your question, ask God. If it's in the form of a sincere question, God answers you, 20 But who are you, O man, to answer back to God?

Seth,.......Will what is molded say to its molder, “Why have you made me like this?” 21 Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use?

I was an Arminian for about 20 years (not saying you are), once God opened my eyes with His word and I became reformed, I have noticed throughout the years that many people don't even know God.
Culture has taught us to work for what we want, many people believe they are good people and therefore, they are going to heaven.
I see it all the time.
Problem is, we are saved by grace. Anyone who is a vessel of wrath, prepared for destruction are not being treated unfairly, they are going to get what they deserve for sinning against a Holy God. Those who are of the elect, because of God's mercy, we are saved by grace. It's true also, the elect do not deserve it, it simply God's choice to have mercy on whom He will have mercy.

It's obvious by the way you form your question, you do not like the answer and will not accept it, not yet anyway, but there is always hope.

Sethproton

He obviously does not want to accept scripture.
Everything i believe comes from 50 years continuous study in the Word. So you should not my consider my disagreement with you as a disagreement with the Word

Last edited:

Sethproton

You have a pretty distorted view of faith.
For you it is distorted, for me it comes directly from the Word. And yes I do find I am at odds with Christian tradition often, It is surprising how many church doctrines are not in the Bible

Sethproton

So after 50 years of study, one becomes infallible?

Why not?
Are you claiming that it's impossible to correctly understand Scripture?

Btw, what exactly is "you should not my cinsider my disagreement"?
You present yourself as infallible? How long did that take you?

Theo1689

You present yourself as infallible?

<sigh>
Where did I claim that?

YOU are the one (in at least two posts in the past ten minutes, right after your "vacation") who claimed that everything you believe is Biblical, and everything we believe that you disagree with, is not Biblical.

Apparently (according to you) you're the only one capable of adequately understanding the Bible. It's like charity and humility were no longer Christian virtues (perhaps you believe they're not "Biblical"?)

Johnnybgood

Everything i believe comes from 50 years continuous study in the Word. So you should not my consider my disagreement with you as a disagreement with the Word
Wow so you have been a Christian for over 50 years? I asked you how long the other day after you asked me but you never answered me.

Did you get saved as a child, teenager or an adult?

How did you come to Christ at a church ? family or a friend

Sethproton

Wow so you have been a Christian for over 50 years? I asked you how long the other day after you asked me but you never answered me.

Did you get saved as a child, teenager or an adult?

How did you come to Christ at a church ? family or a friend
I got saved at age 23/24. I had been attending a church in Los Angeles just because i was interested in someone who was going there. The second week, I understood my need for Christ as my bridge to God and I pleaded with Him to save me.
Not long after i came back to my hometown and started a life long study of the Bible.
Over time, i have repeated my prayer to God for salvation, as a way to strengthen my mind

Theo1689

I got saved at age 23/24. I had been attending a church in Los Angeles just because i was interested in someone who was going there. The second week, I understood my need for Christ as my bridge to God and I pleaded with Him to save me.
Not long after i came back to my hometown and started a life long study of the Bible.
Over time, i have repeated my prayer to God for salvation, as a way to strengthen my mind

You do realize, I hope, that just because you've (claimed to have) studied the Bible for 50 years, is no guarantee that you correctly understand it, right?

After all, there are Catholics, Mormons, JW's, and others who have studied the Bible for over 50 years, and they come to different conclusions than you.

Sethproton

You do realize, I hope, that just because you've (claimed to have) studied the Bible for 50 years, is no guarantee that you correctly understand it, right?

After all, there are Catholics, Mormons, JW's, and others who have studied the Bible for over 50 years, and they come to different conclusions than you.
ok