God is Dead

treeplanter

A classic film piece from The Kids in the Hall television program followed by the series opening featuring the iconic theme by the band, Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet

What say you, Christians?

Funny or offensive?
Does God have a sense of humor?
More importantly, is God capable of laughing at Himself?

Last edited by a moderator:
A classic film piece from The Kids in the Hall television program followed by the series opening featuring the iconic theme by the band, Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet

What say you, Christians?

Funny or offensive?
Does God have a sense of humor?
More importantly, is God capable of laughing at Himself?
It pretty much showed the ignorance of atheist.

Is it you, Crow, who is uptight and humorless - or is it God?
God laughs...You can red about ti in Psalms 2...

Why do the nations rage and the peoples plot in vain? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord and against his Anointed, saying, “Let us burst their bonds apart and cast away their cords from us.” He who sits in the heavens laughs; the Lord holds them in derision. Then he will speak to them in his wrath, and terrify them in his fury, saying.....

Funny or offensive?

Neither, at least not intentionally. But irony is one form of humor. That’s what we unintentionally have with your video which has a nerd quoting Nietzsche saying God is dead and depicts another nerd holding God’s supposedly tiny body (teehee) in his hands. The irony of course is in the fact that it is Nietzsche who is dead, and the One Who’s got da whole world in His hands, Who’s got da whole wide world in His hands, also has in His hands the frail pipsqueak 5’7’’ body of the dead Nietzsche.

He created humans didn't he?
I'm thinking that God has an incredible sense of humor.

More importantly, he clearly laughs at the folly of the human race. And he created humans in his own likeness and image, which they then corrupted and polluted, committing spiritual suicide, and then run around acting like they know everything.

When I ask him what he thinks about what you're doing, I get the sense that these two emojis are similar to his response....

??‍♂️

?

You're embarrassing yourself. And it's incredibly sad to watch.

God does not have a sense of humour. To genuinely laugh, you must be taken by surprise. The essence of a joke is that the punchline is unexpected. Being surprised is not a likely quality for an omniscient being. Laughing at oneself implies unexpectedly discovering something about oneself that is ridiculous. Again, unexpectedly discovering how ridiculous is the concept of God, is probably beyond God.

The real reason why God does not have a sense of humour, is the same as the reason that Voldemort does not have a sense of humour.

They are both fictional characters.

That is not an answer
Oh, I'm sorry! ??
Did you actually think that you were given authority to agree with me or authorize my responses? ??‍♂️

I'm thinking that you have been drinking way too much today Tree.

You really should dial it back.

Back