God is not a Designer

rossum

God is omniscient. He knows everything: past, present and future. It is as if His 'memory' extended into the future as well as the past. In effect a sort of omni-google from which God can retrieve anything at will.

A designer starts from a blank page and adds things to the page to create the design. God does not do that; He merely accesses His omni-google and retrieves the completed design which is already held there. He does not create anything new, He merely replicates what was already present in His omni-google. That is not design, simply retrieval of existing data, which is a very different operation.

Whatever it is that God does, it is not design. God cannot design anything new because everything that has existed, does exist or will exist is already available in God's own personal omni-google feed. There is nothing God can do that is not already in His omni-google.

rossum

Your version of God cannot create ex-nihilo?
I am Buddhist, so gods is plural. No god (or God) can create ex nihilo because the god him/her/itself has to exist. If you start with nihilo then you first have to get from nihilo to nihilo plus a god. If you start with a god then you are not starting with nihilo, are you.

PeanutGallery

I am Buddhist, so gods is plural. No god (or God) can create ex nihilo because the god him/her/itself has to exist. If you start with nihilo then you first have to get from nihilo to nihilo plus a god. If you start with a god then you are not starting with nihilo, are you.
My God can and did create ex nihilo:
Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

rossum

My God can and did create ex nihilo:
Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Look at what you quoted: "In the beginning God..." God is not nihilo is He? You are not starting from nothing, you assume that God is already present.

rossum

Yes, God is already present; but creation was not present before God created it.
Then your claim of ex nihilo is false. God already existed so there was more than nothing before God started creating.

Besides, this thread is about God being unable to design, not unable to create.

PeanutGallery

Then your claim of ex nihilo is false. God already existed so there was more than nothing before God started creating.

Besides, this thread is about God being unable to design, not unable to create.
God did not create himself; God is the "I am"

Exodus 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Tercon

God is omniscient. He knows everything: past, present and future. It is as if His 'memory' extended into the future as well as the past. In effect a sort of omni-google from which God can retrieve anything at will.
No.
Actually if God is reality and God knows everything, then that makes time inapplicable to God. Do you know why that is?
A designer starts from a blank page and adds things to the page to create the design. God does not do that; He merely accesses His omni-google and retrieves the completed design which is already held there. He does not create anything new, He merely replicates what was already present in His omni-google. That is not design, simply retrieval of existing data, which is a very different operation.
More evidence that you don't believe in the reality of God, because, if God is reality and reality isn't and can't be a blanks page, then you cannot know the reality of God.
Whatever it is that God does, it is not design.
Actually if God is reality and belief is necessary in order to make all truth and reality known, then in reality God believes everything into existence.
God cannot design anything new because everything that has existed, does exist or will exist is already available in God's own personal omni-google feed. There is nothing God can do that is not already in His omni-google.
Actually if God is reality, then in reality "everything that has existed" exists in and because of the reality of God, as outside of reality nothing exists.

rossum

if God is reality and reality isn't and can't be a blanks page
Thank you for supporting my point. Because God is omniscient, He can never start with a blank page. For the omniscient God, the page always starts with the complete design.

God has always known Adam's exact DNA sequence. Always. He never had to design that sequence because He already knew it.

Tercon

Thank you for supporting my point. Because God is omniscient, He can never start with a blank page. For the omniscient God, the page always starts with the complete design.
Actually if God is reality and omniscient God, then in reality everything that exists starts and ends with Him.
God has always known Adam's exact DNA sequence. Always. He never had to design that sequence because He already knew it.
If God is reality and omniscient, then everything that exists including conscious beings; exists in and because of Him, then He be the Maker of conscious beings like Himself.