God makes some people gay?

Grace

How do Catholics here feel about their pope telling a gay man that God made him gay?

"Cruz, who is gay, said that during his first meetings with the pope in May 2018, Francis assured him that God made Cruz gay."

Grace

Bergoglio is an apostate IMHO. Many of my Catholic friends don't even like him.
Yes, many of my Catholic friends don't like him either. But the bigger issue is that the leaders of the Catholic church elected him. While a small few have spoken out against him, I've not read or heard any of the cardinals doing so. I think that reveals that the pope's opinions are shared by the leaders of the Catholic church.

How then is it possible that the majority of cardinals voted for him? Are they all apostate IYO?
The "popes" who implemented and promoted the heretical Vatican II council have been anti-popes. The Second Vatican Council decreed and implemented teachings previously condemned by the Infallible Teaching Magisterium of the Church.

Grace

The "popes" who implemented and promoted the heretical Vatican II council have been anti-popes. The Second Vatican Council decreed and implemented teachings previously condemned by the Infallible Teaching Magisterium of the Church.
I would question the idea that any human is "infallible", but for the sake of discussion, what teachings does the CC currently teach that was condemned prior to the 2nd Vatican Council?

Grace

You have someone who supposedly leads "Christ's Church" on Earth, going totally against the Word of God!!???? Catholics are nuts!
Well, their pope certainly is. It is worth noting that Catholics have never in history risen up and demanded any of their popes step down, including those popes who have promoted false teachings and/or lived a life of debauchery. That fact is one of many problems in the Catholic denomination.

Sherman

Well, I don't think of the Catholic church as "the Church". I do believe many Catholics are part of "the Church" but no the Catholic church as a whole (nor any church as a whole).
Every denomination/ schism of Christianity has it's fat - things that it doesn't need and is unhealthy. Most of the Church, and I am talking about Christianity as whole, has lard - extraneous things that are not taught in scripture. Some groups are worse off than others. The Catholic Church is particularly ill right now. Embracing homosexuality is just wrong and a symptom of rottenness.

balshan

How do Catholics here feel about their pope telling a gay man that God made him gay?

"Cruz, who is gay, said that during his first meetings with the pope in May 2018, Francis assured him that God made Cruz gay."

Just heard on the news an Italian film at their film festival on the pope has him agreeing that there should be gay civil marriages.

I would question the idea that any human is "infallible", but for the sake of discussion, what teachings does the CC currently teach that was condemned prior to the 2nd Vatican Council?
The doctrine of papal infallibility states that the Church cannot teach error to the universal Church in matters concerning the Faith or morals. It doesn't mean that the pope is immaculate or is sinless.

As far as the condemned heresies taught in Vatican II, I will list but a few of the most egregious ones.

1. Vatican II taught the civil right to religious liberty, which was condemned by various popes.
2. Vatican II taught that heretical and schismatic sects are a means of salvation, which contradicts the dogma of Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus.
3. Vatican II teaches that communal public prayer with heretics and schismatics is useful and commendable, which contradicts the forbidding of Communicatio In Sacris.
4.Vatican II teaches that the liturgical services of Protestants engender the life of grace and aptly give access to the communion of salvation, which, again, contradicts Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus.
5. Vatican II teaches that the plan of salvation includes the Muslims, which again, contradicts Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus.
6. Vatican II teaches that the Roman Catholic Church and the Church of Christ are not one and the same thing as the Church of Christ "subsists in" the Catholic Church, but also at least partially "subsists in" schismatic and Protestant sects as well, and that these non-Catholic sects, together with the Roman Catholic Church comprise this one big Church of Christ. This is a novel new ecclesiology and changes the very definition of what the Catholic Church IS.

These are but a few of the many errors and heresies contained in Vatican II.

Grace

The doctrine of papal infallibility states that the Church cannot teach error to the universal Church in matters concerning the Faith or morals. It doesn't mean that the pope is immaculate or is sinless.

As far as the condemned heresies taught in Vatican II, I will list but a few of the most egregious ones.

1. Vatican II taught the civil right to religious liberty, which was condemned by various popes.
2. Vatican II taught that heretical and schismatic sects are a means of salvation, which contradicts the dogma of Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus.
3. Vatican II teaches that communal public prayer with heretics and schismatics is useful and commendable, which contradicts the forbidding of Communicatio In Sacris.
4.Vatican II teaches that the liturgical services of Protestants engender the life of grace and aptly give access to the communion of salvation, which, again, contradicts Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus.
5. Vatican II teaches that the plan of salvation includes the Muslims, which again, contradicts Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus.
6. Vatican II teaches that the Roman Catholic Church and the Church of Christ are not one and the same thing as the Church of Christ "subsists in" the Catholic Church, but also at least partially "subsists in" schismatic and Protestant sects as well, and that these non-Catholic sects, together with the Roman Catholic Church comprise this one big Church of Christ. This is a novel new ecclesiology and changes the very definition of what the Catholic Church IS.

These are but a few of the many errors and heresies contained in Vatican II.
Are you Catholic? A sedevacanist perhaps?

I fully understand the Catholic definition of papal infallibility and I never said anything about the pope himself being sinless. That said, the late arriving lie of papal infallibility helps expose the false teachings of the CC and it is why they are in the mess that they are in.

1. What is meant by "religious liberty"?
2 - 6. My Bible says that Christ taught salvation is by HIS grace through faith and not tied to a denomination. Membership in a church is not what saves a person.

Are you Catholic? A sedevacanist perhaps?

I fully understand the Catholic definition of papal infallibility and I never said anything about the pope himself being sinless. That said, the late arriving lie of papal infallibility helps expose the false teachings of the CC and it is why they are in the mess that they are in.

1. What is meant by "religious liberty"?
2 - 6. My Bible says that Christ taught salvation is by HIS grace through faith and not tied to a denomination. Membership in a church is not what saves a person.
I am a Catholic.

The civil right to religious liberty is heresy because "error has no rights".

edit off topic content

Last edited by a moderator:

Grace

I am a Catholic.

The civil right to religious liberty is heresy because "error has no rights".

edit
So you believe in forcing people to hold to the same religious beliefs you have?

I know that's what you believe, but the teachings of your church have strayed very far from the teachings of the apostles.

Scripture makes it clear that sin has consequences in THIS life and in the next life if we don't repent of our sin and believe in Jesus Christ. The problem with Catholicism is that they don't believe what Scripture actually says, but rather what their church leadership tells them.

The subject of this thread is proof of the problems Catholicism has caused for itself. And you call yourself a Catholic, but many Catholics would deny that. A Catholic must follow the POPE who is their Christ on earth. See the problem with the man made teachings of the CC?

Last edited by a moderator:

Grace

Whatever you bind on earth....
Another fine example of the problem with the late arriving teachings of the CC. Taking that verse completely out of its context and wrongly teaching that it is a reference to Catholic clergy.

Are you Catholic Arch? If so, how do you feel about your Pope's latest teaching?