God purchased the church with His blood.

Towerwatchman

Acts 20:28

Προσέχετε ἑαυτοῖς καὶ παντὶ τῷ ποιμνίῳ, ἐν ᾧ ὑμᾶς τὸ πνεῦμα τὸ
Hold to yourself and to all the flock in which you the spirit the

ἅγιον ἔθετο ἐπισκόπους ποιμαίνειν τὴν ἐκκλησίαν τοῦ θεοῦ, ἣν
holy set oversees to shepherd the assembly of the God which

περιεποιήσατο διὰ τοῦ αἵματος τοῦ ἰδίου.
He acquired by the blood the own.

Eph 1:7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.

The following states that God purchased the church with His blood. God acquired, obtained, or purchased the church with His blood, and in order to purchase one has to pay a price. According to Paul in Acts 20:28 it was God that paid the price, but according to Paul in Ephesians, it was Jesus that paid the price. How can Jesus’ blood be God’s blood? Simple Jesus is God.

TWM

Our Lord's God

Eph 1:7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.

The following states that God purchased the church with His blood. God acquired, obtained, or purchased the church with His blood, and in order to purchase one has to pay a price. According to Paul in Acts 20:28 it was God that paid the price, but according to Paul in Ephesians, it was Jesus that paid the price. How can Jesus’ blood be God’s blood? Simple Jesus is God.

TWM

And what about Jesus Christ's God? God's God?

Yahchristian

How can Jesus’ blood be God’s blood? Simple Jesus is God.

I agree it is simple because I believe God incarnate as a man has blood and is God.

Whereas I think you believe only one of the three who are called God assumed/added a human nature that has blood and is now the second nature of the third person who is called God.

But I personally would not classify your view as simple. For example...

In your statement “Jesus is God” does the word “God” refer to a Person?

I could see you might say Yes, the word “God” in the statement “Jesus is God” refers to the second Person of the Trinity.

But I could also see you say No, the word “God” in the statement “Jesus is God” refers to the divine Substance and not to a Person.

So I would like to know your answer to the simple question. 😁

P.S. When I say “Jesus is God” the word “God” DOES refer to a Person.

Jewjitzu

TWM
The problem with this thinking is that even Jesus said God has neither flesh nor blood, Matthew 16:17, the Father.

Isaiah confirms this in Isaiah 40:18,25; 46:5, as the Hebrew root damah used for likeness is also the basis for physical likeness, blood, and adam/man, all of which God has none, is not.

Stephen

To be clear your doctrine is
  1. You affirm that God is a single person as you say:
    • "God purchased the church with His blood" rather than the trinitarian compatible "God purchased the church with their own blood".
  2. You also state:
    • "In order to purchase one has to pay a price"
  3. And then observe
    • "Jesus that paid the price. "
  4. Therefore you conclude
    • "Jesus is" the singular person "God".

I don't know if you believe yourself to be attacking the doctrine of the trinity or defending the doctrine of the trinity. I wish you the best in your endeavor, whatever you believe it to be.

jamesh

• "God purchased the church with His blood" rather than the trinitarian compatible "God purchased the church with their own blood".
  2. You also state:
  3. And then observe

I don't know if you believe yourself to be attacking the doctrine of the trinity or defending the doctrine of the trinity. I wish you the best in your endeavor, whatever you believe it to be.
No, God is a single "Being" who chose to manifest Himself as three persons.

In God the Son,
james

Stephen

No, God is a single "Being" who chose to manifest Himself as three persons.

In God the Son,
james

The word "his" and "himself" by definition identify a single person. Whether God manifests "himself" as a single person, as three persons, as a multitude, or as a fruit tree, doesn't change the fact that both you and the OP directly identify God as a single person.

His Definition: used to refer to a thing or things belonging to or associated with a male person or animal previously mentioned.​
Himself Definition: used as the object of a verb or preposition to refer to a male person or animal previously mentioned as the subject of the clause.​

101G

The problem with this thinking is that even Jesus said God has neither flesh nor blood, Matthew 16:17, the Father.
there is no problem there. is not the Son the "ARM" of God? is he, not in Heaven Spirit at the same time on Earth in Flesh and BLOOD?

PICJAG, 101G.

Jewjitzu

there is no problem there. is not the Son the "ARM" of God? is he, not in Heaven Spirit at the same time on Earth in Flesh and BLOOD?

PICJAG, 101G.
No on all accounts. Regardless, Isaiah is clear God is not physical, has blood, nor a man.

101G

No on all accounts. Regardless, Isaiah is clear God is not physical, has blood, nor a man.
well then Isaiah contridict himself which means God contridicted himself, Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me."

the ARM of God is JESUS per Isaiah 53. read it

Look I'm going to be out for a second, but we will contuine this discussion

PICJAG, 101G.

Jewjitzu

well then Isaiah contridict himself which means God contridicted himself, Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me."
Arm is a representation of strength, an anthropomorphic usage. Isaiah 63 points to the Father as the focus. No other.

the ARM of God is JESUS per Isaiah 53. read it
Isaiah 53 doesn't mention Jesus. See above.

Look I'm going to be out for a second, but we will contuine this discussion

PICJAG, 101G.
Take your time...

Our Lord's God

I agree it is simple because I believe God incarnate as a man has blood and is God.

Whereas I think you believe only one of the three who are called God assumed/added a human nature that has blood and is now the second nature of the third person who is called God.

But I personally would not classify your view as simple. For example...

In your statement “Jesus is God” does the word “God” refer to a Person?

I could see you might say Yes, the word “God” in the statement “Jesus is God” refers to the second Person of the Trinity.

But I could also see you say No, the word “God” in the statement “Jesus is God” refers to the divine Substance and not to a Person.

So I would like to know your answer to the simple question. 😁

P.S. When I say “Jesus is God” the word “God” DOES refer to a Person.

Does "God incarnate" have a God? God's God?

101G

@Jewjitzu,
Isaiah 53:1 "Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?"
Isaiah 53:2 "For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him."
Isaiah 53:3 "He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not."
Isaiah 53:4 "Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted."
saiah 53:5 "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."
Isaiah 53:6 "All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all."
Isaiah 53:7 "He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth."
Isaiah 53 doesn't mention Jesus
see above,
UNDERSTAND the ARM of God is a anthropomorphism in "MANIFESTATION" of the Person Jesus who is God, lets see an example of this from the Tanakh.

when Sennacherib king of Assyria invaded Judah, with him was his "ARM" of Flesh. (HIS ARMY), let the scriptures speak, 2 Chronicles 32:7 "Be strong and courageous, be not afraid nor dismayed for the king of Assyria, nor for all the multitude that is with him: for there be more with us than with him:"
2 Chronicles 32:8 "With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the LORD our God to help us, and to fight our battles. And the people rested themselves upon the words of Hezekiah king of Judah."

Sennacherib ARMY, (his ARM of FLESH), was his power in manifestation in his fighting men, was his manifestation of POWER in flesh. well the Lord Jesus is God manifestation of his POWER in flesh, supportive scripture, 1 Corinthians 1:24 "But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God."

understand brother Jewjitzu, Christ is God's ARMY of "ONE", .... his OWN ARM.... in Flesh.

so the Lord Jesus is God SHARED in flesh. as the Ordinal Last in a shared state of G2758 κενόω kenoo,

PICJAG, 101G.

johnny guitar

2. You also state:
  3. And then observe

Jesus The Son is a singular Person; God is NOT.

OldShepherd

Maybe you can help me out here. I have been a Christian since LBJ was president I have never heard of the Father, Son or Holy Spirit being referred to in the third person plural e.g. they, their, them etc.