God purchased the church with His blood.

johnny guitar

I've given this to you before. Its in Eusebius EH.

Search the internet, Wikipedia.

You can see from the opening of Acts 2:11 says there were converts.

Jewish converts were persecuted by the church. Converts are not gentiles when they convert.

You should ask the thousands of converts who are Jewish today what they think.

Yes, at what time was the above written? Keep in mind that the Jews were persecuted by the Church, and we went into self-protect mode. You remember the crusades, pogroms, holocaust, inquisition, etc.?
The crusades were against Islams, NOT Jews.
Pogroms were conducted by pagans, Islams.
The holocaust was conducted by Nazis, NOT The Church.
The inquisition was conducted by The Spanish RCC against those considered false Christians.

Jewjitzu

The crusades were against Islams, NOT Jews.
Pogroms were conducted by pagans, Islams.
The holocaust was conducted by Nazis, NOT The Church.
The inquisition was conducted by The Spanish RCC against those considered false Christians.
All of them, with the church's involvement, killed Jews.

BTW, Islam is a religion. Muslims the practioners of Islam.

johnny guitar

All of them, with the church's involvement, killed Jews.

BTW, Islam is a religion. Muslims the practioners of Islam.
The Church rescued many Jews from the holocaust.
Your assertion that the Church was involved in the holocaust is nothing more than vicious slander.

johnny guitar

The RCC could have saved many lives, but they didn't. Nazi's were Christians as well.

I don't think so.
The Nazis were essentially atheists who wanted to make themselves God. They were the antithesis of Christians.
Most of the Jewish lives saved were by the Protestant denominations.

Jewjitzu

The Nazis were essentially atheists who wanted to make themselves God. They were the antithesis of Christians.
Most of the Jewish lives saved were by the Protestant denominations.
This is what happens when the sins of the church are disclosed. These Christians are not really Christians, etc.

America, under FDR, refused to bomb concentration camps even though their positions were known, Jews were refused entry on boats into the US and turned back. And this from a Protestant country.

Yahchristian

This is what happens when the sins of the church are disclosed. These Christians are not really Christians, etc.

Correct.

A true Christian is a true follower of Christ. Jesus said...

Matthew 7:21-23... Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Whereas “You Don't Need to Believe in God to Believe in Judaism”.

Jewjitzu

Correct.

A true Christian is a true follower of Christ. Jesus said...

Matthew 7:21-23... Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Yes, workers of lawlessness which is the majority of the church. My point was that Christians always throw under the bus those that give bad PR, and deny they are really Christians.

That was your quote, not mine.

Yahchristian

Yahchristian

Is the president of J Street U wrong in saying “You Don't Need to Believe in God to Believe in Judaism”?

In other words, which statement is true...
A) Benny Cannon is absolutely wrong about that.
B) Benny Cannon is not wrong, I just don’t agree with him.
I don't care.

Just to be clear...

If you are speaking to a non-Jew who is asking you about Judaism...

And they ask you “Do I need to believe in God to believe in Judaism?

You would answer “I don’t care.

Rather than “Yes”, “No”, or “No, but most do” etc. etc.