God Saving Humanity

SeventhDay

Does God saving humanity require anything on man's part?

How is God saving humanity?

Is God saving the old man dead in trespasses and sins who are dead with Christ in his death.

It is said in the scriptures the soul that sins shall die. Has God changed the law by saving man. Does God change laws or does he supersede laws or apply the law to man's spiritual condition?

Does not God save first and ask us to believe that God has saved him or do we have to believe God to get saved.

Finally, how is it that a carnal man dead in trespasses and sins please God in any way? Is not the carnal mind hostile to God?

Does God require faith of a dead man in trespasses and sins or is it faith of a new spiritual creation quickened by God's grace with the faith of God at work in him.

God bless you. :)

Is God saving the old man dead in trespasses and sins who are dead with Christ in his death.

It is said in the scriptures the soul that sins shall die. Has God changed the law by saving man. Does God change laws or does he supersede laws or apply the law to man's spiritual condition?

Does not God save first and ask us to believe that God has saved him or do we have to believe God to get saved.

Finally, how is it that a carnal man dead in trespasses and sins please God in any way? Is not the carnal mind hostile to God?

Does God require faith of a dead man in trespasses and sins or is it faith of a new spiritual creation quickened by God's grace with the faith of God at work in him.

Man brings his sin and God saves him from the reigning power of sin.
God requires that all men everywhere repent and believe.Acts17:30-31
Men love their sin and religion more than the biblcal God.
Out of fallen and condenmed mankind, God elected to save a multitude that no man can number to be the object of His saving Love.
The Spirit draws them, giving them a new heart and quickening them to life

Belief in God is key. And in His Son even more.

The law was for sinners and still is. What Jesus accomplished was take away the need for the law, not the law, itself. He took away the desire to sin in those He empowered with His own Spirit. That is why Galatians 5 says, those who walk in the Spirit are not under the law. And that is why the new commandment is to believe in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, something the old law doesn't say, but belief in Him and following Him are the only ways we are free from sin, something SDA's and many other denominations do not believe.

Or maybe I'm wrong. Questions: Do you believe that Christians will always sin until after we die, even if you keep the Ten Commandments? Or do you believe that the Ten Commandments are the only sins there are, and why we need to keep them?

At least SDA's are not lawless like some of the worst denominations on the planet. Basically, you just added belief in Jesus to the Ten Commandments, and Romans 14 says that keeping the day is up to you and God, and He does not condemn you for not understanding, as long as you obey your conscience - the gist of the New Covenant. "If your heart does not condemn you, you have confidence with God." 1 John 3:21. You also believe in loving your neighbor as yourself. Knowing your heart as I do, is why I always side with SDA's when haters come against you. Because most of them believe Jesus freed us from the law, not sin. They believe we will always sin, but they are covered by the blood of Jesus. So instead of the Word of God, they believe their teachers.

Belief in God is key. And in His Son even more.

The law was for sinners and still is. What Jesus accomplished was take away the need for the law, not the law, itself. He took away the desire to sin in those He empowered with His own Spirit. That is why Galatians 5 says, those who walk in the Spirit are not under the law. And that is why the new commandment is to believe in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, something the old law doesn't say, but belief in Him and following Him are the only ways we are free from sin, something SDA's and many other denominations do not believe.

Or maybe I'm wrong. Questions: Do you believe that Christians will always sin until after we die, even if you keep the Ten Commandments? Or do you believe that the Ten Commandments are the only sins there are, and why we need to keep them?

At least SDA's are not lawless like some of the worst denominations on the planet. Basically, you just added belief in Jesus to the Ten Commandments, and Romans 14 says that keeping the day is up to you and God, and He does not condemn you for not understanding, as long as you obey your conscience - the gist of the New Covenant. "If your heart does not condemn you, you have confidence with God." 1 John 3:21. You also believe in loving your neighbor as yourself. Knowing your heart as I do, is why I always side with SDA's when haters come against you. Because most of them believe Jesus freed us from the law, not sin. They believe we will always sin, but they are covered by the blood of Jesus. So instead of the Word of God, they believe their teachers.
I am not SDA so examine by what I say and do not by man's tradition unless I hold unto it.

Jesus has begun a saving work on us but we must harmonize what God is doing to us as the faith of God works in us his righteousness. We go through sanctification and purification. Judgement first begins at the house of God.

Salvation begins with spiritual regeneration and thus God calls us to himself because we are spiritually alive and have the indwelling Holy Spirit but we are required to understand how Jesus atoning fir our sins works and to identify with who we are in Christ and put on the mind of Christ All this is through the faith of God who spiritually empowers us in faith, in hearing, in conviction, in repentance, in understanding and in hearkening on to God.

What Jesus did by how he lived and his death and resurrection is a complete work to succor our salvation but it is being outworked by the Holy Spirit and we must abide in the Spirit and become spiritually mature.

We need to understand that we have a spiritual disposition and that in Christ we are a new spiritual creation and the old Adam dead in trespasses and sins has been put away and has been replaced as a new spiritual creation. We have to reckon the old man dead and walk in the Spirit.

It is a walk of faith as we follow Christ so that all traces of the old Adam is removed from our thinking and we overcome the carnal mind until we come to spiritual maturity. Without the Holy Spirit to empower our walk we can do nothing at all to please God and can not spiritually grow.

God bless you.

I am not SDA so examine by what I say and do not by man's tradition unless I hold unto it.

Jesus has begun a saving work on us but we must harmonize what God is doing to us as the faith of God works in us his righteousness. We go through sanctification and purification. Judgement first begins at the house of God.

Salvation begins with spiritual regeneration and thus God calls us to himself because we are spiritually alive and have the indwelling Holy Spirit but we are required to understand how Jesus atoning fir our sins works and to identify with who we are in Christ and put on the mind of Christ All this is through the faith of God who spiritually empowers us in faith, in hearing, in conviction, in repentance, in understanding and in hearkening on to God.

What Jesus did by how he lived and his death and resurrection is a complete work to succor our salvation but it is being outworked by the Holy Spirit and we must abide in the Spirit and become spiritually mature.

We need to understand that we have a spiritual disposition and that in Christ we are a new spiritual creation and the old Adam dead in trespasses and sins has been put away and has been replaced as a new spiritual creation. We have to reckon the old man dead and walk in the Spirit.

It is a walk of faith as we follow Christ so that all traces of the old Adam is removed from our thinking and we overcome the carnal mind until we come to spiritual maturity. Without the Holy Spirit to empower our walk we can do nothing at all to please God and can not spiritually grow.

God bless you.

Interesting that you are not SDA, yet you care so much about the 7th Day as to give yourself that name. It was the sign of the Old Covenant? Are you under the Old Covenant or the New Covenant? Please explain. I'm interested.

Interesting that you are not SDA, yet you care so much about the 7th Day as to give yourself that name. It was the sign of the Old Covenant? Are you under the Old Covenant or the New Covenant? Please explain. I'm interested.
I use the Name SeventhDay because the sabbath day of rest is special to me.:

Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Man is still in the sixth day of creation. Did you know that?

Heb 4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

Heb 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Man brings his sin and God saves him from the reigning power of sin.
God requires that all men everywhere repent and believe.Acts17:30-31
Men love their sin and religion more than the biblcal God.
Out of fallen and condenmed mankind, God elected to save a multitude that no man can number to be the object of His saving Love.
The Spirit draws them, giving them a new heart and quickening them to life
Who is the Spirit drawing? Is it dead men in trespasses and sins or the new spiritual creation who has rissen with Christ?

Who is the Spirit drawing? Is it dead men in trespasses and sins or the new spiritual creation who has rissen with Christ?

Those unsaved men and women whom God intends to save are being effectually drawn to the Lord Jesus Christ by the inner and unseen working of the Holy Spirit

The dead men in trespasses and sins.
Not according to the scriptures therefore I will give you a scripture for you to consider:

2Co 5:14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

2Co 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

2Co 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

They which live are the ones that God is calling to who have spiritual ears to hear. The dead can not hear because they are dead. They can not live because they are dead! God bless you.:)

Not according to the scriptures therefore I will give you a scripture for you to consider:

They which live are the ones that God is calling to who have spiritual ears to hear. The dead can not hear because they are dead. They can not live because they are dead! God bless you.:)

It is the Spirit that draws us to Christ to be saved. Before Christ, we are dead in our trespasses and sins.

It is the Spirit that draws us to Christ to be saved. Before Christ, we are dead in our trespasses and sins.
It is those who are alive in Christ and are rising out of the grave as new spiritual creations that are being saved. God is not saving the old man but replacing him. Read again the scriptures I gave you! God bless you. :)

It is those who are alive in Christ and are rising out of the grave as new spiritual creations that are being saved. God is not saving the old man but replacing him. Read again the scriptures I gave you! God bless you. :)

I think I misread your first post. What I mean is that when born and before Christ we are all sinners. If we were all righteous, Jesus would never have had to die.

1 Timothy 1:15

This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners.

Can you deny that statement?

What I think you may mean which I would agree to is that Jesus took away the sin out of sinners to make us righteous, because no sinner will be allowed in heaven.

Last edited:
I think I misread your first post. What I mean is that when born and before Christ we are all sinners. If we were all righteous, Jesus would never have had to die.

1 Timothy 1:15

This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners.

Can you deny that statement?

What I think you may mean which I would agree to is that Jesus took away the sin out of sinners to make us righteous, because no sinner will be allowed in heaven.
New spiritual creations still sin if they hold on to the perceptions of the old man dead in trespasses and sins. We must reckon the old man dead. If we do sin then we must confess ours sins and let Jesus cleanse out sins as a result of Jesus shedding his blood for us for the remission of sins. We must identify with who we are in Christ and overcome the carnal mind. God bless you.

New spiritual creations still sin if they hold on to the perceptions of the old man dead in trespasses and sins. We must reckon the old man dead. If we do sin then we must confess ours sins and let Jesus cleanse out sins as a result of Jesus shedding his blood for us for the remission of sins. We must identify with who we are in Christ and overcome the carnal mind. God bless you.

I don't think we can just "think" ourselves free from the old man unless we have actually been filled with the Spirit and become dead to sin in the first place. After that crucial step, then, yes, we must keep ourselves free by walking in the Spirit and abiding in Jesus. Without that initial experience, we just think we can be good enough. But with the Spirit we know we are. Our lives are completely different after being filled with the Holy Spirit. It is the difference between night and day. The Spirit also bestows spiritual gifts to us that we never had before. We also start to hunger and thirst after righteousness. We no longer just play church, we ARE the Church. And don't think that just believing in Jesus is enough. Many believe in Jesus to the degree the demons believe, but that doesn't make them righteous. Those who believe obedience is works are sorely in the demons' grasp.

Last edited:
Back