God vs Human Rights

stiggy wiggy

I want you to answer the question that followed directly after that.

While you IGNORE my two questions? Not on your life, ye hypocrite. You first. Here they are again:

Still coming up empty-handed finding a Bible verse stating that God tortures?

Still coming up empty-handed finding a single CARM Christian stating that God tortures?

stiggy wiggy

There are Christians who find the Biblical description of hell unpalatable and so try to create a doctrine of "annihilationism," that is, you just go poof when you die without Christ; it may be why he is reticent.

I'm not one bit reticent. Reject Jesus and you go to hell, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

stiggy wiggy

You can't possibly know this. By all means, prove me wrong by demonstrating you do.

What a lame request. Where in hell did I claim I could DEMONSTRATE to you of all people the truth of my convictions about the afterlife? I also believe the sun will rise tomorrow, but I can't DEMONSTRATE it. Sheesh!

Whatsisface

What a lame request. Where in hell did I claim I could DEMONSTRATE to you of all people the truth of my convictions about the afterlife? I also believe the sun will rise tomorrow, but I can't DEMONSTRATE it. Sheesh!
What a lame response. You either have good reason to think it or you don't. If you do, what is it?

The Pixie

There are Christians who find the Biblical description of hell unpalatable and so try to create a doctrine of "annihilationism," that is, you just go poof when you die without Christ; it may be why he is reticent.
I appreciate that. I am fair sure stiggy wiggy is not one of those - though it is strangely difficult to pin him down. I see he ducked my question for a second time.

I think the Bible is quite clear you don't go "poof" and it's very important to let people know exactly what the Bible says about gnashing of teeth and a fire that never goes out and an eternal punishment.
I think the doctrine of "annihilationism" is because some Christians realise that God wrath leading to punishing people in hell is not compatible with "God is love". It is not Biblical, but it is logically necessary, if we are to believe God is all loving.

stiggy wiggy

You either have good reason to think it or you don't.

Same with you, pal. You either have good reason NOT to think it or you don't. Let me give you the obvious reason for both of our beliefs, which if you were smart enough you SHOULD have been able to figure out on you own instead of stupidly asking for a "demonstration:"

I BELIEVE THE BIBLE AND YOU DON'T..

Whatsisface

Same with you, pal. You either have good reason NOT to think it or you don't.
And I would give that reason if asked. It seems you can't.
Let me give you the obvious reason for both of our beliefs, which if you were smart enough you SHOULD have been able to figure out on you own instead of stupidly asking for a "demonstration:"

I BELIEVE THE BIBLE AND YOU DON'T..
Yes, but why do you believe the Bible?

The Pixie

While you IGNORE my two questions? Not on your life, ye hypocrite.
Please yourself.

I have repeatedly asked you your position on hell, and you repeatedly duck the question. You are the hypocrite, stiggy.

I have repeatedly pointed out that I do hold to the premise behind your first question. I have said said it is a Biblical position, I have never said it is in the Bible, so I will continue to not answer demands that I find it in the Bible.

I will tell you that people in CARM tell me I will go to hell, where I will suffer God's wrath, unless I accept Jesus.

Either you disagree with those people, which I would find reassuring, or you agree with me that God tortures people who reject him, and all you are whining about is that I refuse to give it the usual Christian sugar-coating.

stiggy wiggy

I appreciate that. I am fair sure stiggy wiggy is not one of those - though it is strangely difficult to pin him down. I see he ducked my question for a second time.

WRONG! I told you for the fiftieth time that if you reject Jesus you get to weep and gnash your teeth in hell.

Speaking of ducking, Donald:

Still coming up empty-handed finding a single CARM Christian stating that God tortures?

QUACK!

stiggy wiggy

Please yourself.

I have repeatedly asked you your position on hell, and you repeatedly duck the question.

That's just downright ignorant. Only an idiot would claim that answering a question is ducking it.

I will tell you that people in CARM tell me I will go to hell, where I will suffer God's wrath, unless I accept Jesus.

....... that God tortures people .......

DUCK, DUCK, DUCK!

Algor

Not as clear bit clear enough? Really? If it is not clear then it is not clear...Your doublespeak does not count.

Then neither does yours. You did, after all, admit your own uncertainty first.
All you need is uncertainty to make unreasonable decisions.
Alas, certainty may also be unreasonable, and lead to unreasonable decisions. Look at your certainty expressed below, where you say scientists do not use observational data to test an hypotheses:
You just proved me correct. In natural science, the hypothesis is tested by experiment. Observation is not an experiment.
No, I you to be consistently wrong, in this case. You really need to read a book about this. By your standards this:

is pseudoscience, as is this:

Whatsisface

stiggy wiggy

Whatsisface

And yet I did.
Nope.
Obviously. Everyone's beliefs are due to the fact that they find them believable.
You know what I'm getting at, and you're all too defensively avoiding the issue.

People can find their beliefs believable and still be wrong. What counts are the reasons for finding beliefs reasonable. I've asked for those reasons and you've made excuses not to give them. Do you really think your reasons for belief won't stand to scrutiny? If so, why do you believe as you do?
Not interested in what you of all people consider good reasons.
Me of all people? You're the far bigger troll.

Everyone can see you're dodging, you haven't given any reason, just what you believe, but not why.

stiggy wiggy

People can find their beliefs believable and still be wrong.

Correct. Your atheist beliefs are an example.

What counts are the reasons for finding beliefs reasonable. I've asked for those reasons and you've made excuses not to give them.

Incorrect. I gave my reason.

Do you really think your reasons for belief won't stand to scrutiny?

Nope. Your lame scrutiny thus far has yielded nothing.

Me of all people?

Correct

Everyone can see you're dodging>

Everyone? Let's see your poll. STOP DODGING!