God vs Human Rights

Whatsisface

You've identified your problem. Now deal with it.
How predictable. Nothing original to say?

You seem to have no trouble telling atheists about hell, but when understandably pressed as to how you know it, you get all defensive. Why? If you have the truth, why not give it?

Now that would be original for you, to openly say why you believe hell is real.

stiggy wiggy

You seem to have no trouble telling atheists about hell,

Hilarious. Your atheist cohort Pixie has spent this entire thread whining about how he thinks I AVOID talking about hell.

Maybe you and he can ask the MODS to arrange this debate between you two:

RESOLVED: STIGGY SPENDS TOO MUCH TIME ON CARM DISCUSSING HELL

I'm not sure who I'd root for. Lol

Algor

How predictable. Nothing original to say?

You seem to have no trouble telling atheists about hell, but when understandably pressed as to how you know it, you get all defensive. Why? If you have the truth, why not give it?

Now that would be original for you, to openly say why you believe hell is real.
OK.....I think stiggy has said that he believes hell is real because the Gospel references it as real, and it says that's where you go if you don't believe.

I mean, I'm with you, I think when you die you rot and that's that, but that isn't how he lives his life. OK, next, I can't see how we're all gonna agree on that.

What am I missing?

Whatsisface

Hilarious. Your atheist cohort Pixie has spent this entire thread whining about how he thinks I AVOID talking about hell.

Maybe you and he can ask the MODS to arrange this debate between you two:

RESOLVED: STIGGY SPENDS TOO MUCH TIME ON CARM DISCUSSING HELL

I'm not sure who I'd root for. Lol
More dishonesty. Anything to avoid actually discussing the issue. Why are you so defensive? It doesn't say much about your confidence in your beliefs.

Whatsisface

OK.....I think stiggy has said that he believes hell is real because the Gospel references it as real, and it says that's where you go if you don't believe.

I mean, I'm with you, I think when you die you rot and that's that, but that isn't how he lives his life. OK, next, I can't see how we're all gonna agree on that.

What am I missing?
Well, I've asked said poster how he knows hell is real, but he won't be reasonable about it. Telling me it says so in the Bible just kicks the can down the road.

stiggy wiggy

More dishonesty. Anything to avoid actually discussing the issue. Why are you so defensive? It doesn't say much about your confidence in your beliefs.

If I were any more confident God would allow Satan to give me a thorn in the flesh for the same reason he gave one to Paul.

stiggy wiggy

Well, I've asked said poster how he knows hell is real, but he won't be reasonable about it. Telling me it says so in the Bible just kicks the can down the road.

Ya wanna play kick the can? OK. The can's in your court. Explain why you forgot how I already told you why I believe the Bible. "IT RINGS TRUE," remember? Same reason you probably believe some stuff you read in books.

Whatsisface

Ya wanna play kick the can? OK. The can's in your court. Explain why you forgot how I already told you why I believe the Bible. "IT RINGS TRUE," remember? Same reason you probably believe some stuff you read in books.
And I have explained that just because something rings true, doesn't mean it's right. Muslims think the Quran rings true, would you agree then that it is?

So you haven't told me how you know hell exists, which was my original, and as yet unanswered question.

stiggy wiggy

And I have explained that just because something rings true, doesn't mean it's right. Muslims think the Quran rings true, would you agree then that it is?

No, since it doesn't ring true with me. Does it ring true with you? Here's a rough rule of thumb:

If X rings true with Y, Y will believe X, whereas if X does NOT ring true with Y, Y will NOT believe X.

So you haven't told me how you know hell exists, which was my original, and as yet unanswered question.

And yet I did.

Whatsisface

No, since it doesn't ring true with me.
That has no bearing on whether it's right or wrong. What you believe doesn't ring true to a muslim. If it ringing true to you is the criterea, and it gets different people to contradictory positions, like you and a Muslin, then it's an unreliable path to truth.

Still no explanation as to how you know hell is real.

Last edited:

stiggy wiggy

What you believe doesn't ring true to a muslim.

Correct. Thus a muslim doesn't believe what I believe.
If X rings true with Y, Y will believe X, whereas if X does NOT ring true with Y, Y will NOT believe X.
Works for any X or Y.

If it ringing true to you is the criterea, and it gets different people to contradictory positions, like you and a Muslin, then it's an unreliable path to truth.

Yet what you just said rings true with you, so you therefore think you can't rely on what you just said to be true. So why did you waste both our times saying it?

Still no explanation as to how you know hell is real.

Incorrect. Explained the first time you asked. Pay better attention.

Whatsisface

Yet what you just said rings true with you, so you therefore think you can't rely on what you just said to be true. So why did you waste both our times saying it?
You're wrong. I know that just ringing true is an unreliable path to truth because of the Law of Non Contradiction, so what I've said doesn't just ring true to me, I know it. Simple logic. I'm asking you how you know Hell is real, and all you're telling me is that it rings true with you. And as the Quran rings true to a Muslim who holds a contradictory position to you, then ringing true is an unreliable pathway to truth.

So, you still haven't said how you know Hell is real, you've only said it rings true to you, which isn't knowing it for the reasons given.

Last edited:

Whatsisface

Because the Bible tells me so.

Correct. The Bible does. Like a giant bell with a huge clapper, ringing out Truth at a thousand decibels.
As usual for you, you ignore the salient points.
But not to me; not even a tiny tinkle.
You miss the point. The question is, through ignorance or deliberately?

You introduced the criteria of ringing true as what showed you the truth. To a Muslim the Quran rings true, but you think this wrong. This can only mean that ringing true is an unreliable way of getting to the truth of things. Now, the question is, will you ignore this point or deal with it.

Your track record predicts ignore. Why is it only the Christian posters here who engage in these dishonest tactics?

Newbirth

I never said the Christian God said that.
But you said
You tell me stiggy. If I refuse to accpt Jesus, will God jusdge me, and in his wrath punish me by sending me to suffer in hell?

I would love for you to reassure me that that will not happen, but we both know you cannot do that,
You believe God sends people to hell for not accepting Jesus... Like i said God does not send anyone to hell.

I said that was something that humans recognise as a basic human right.
Humans also recognize wrong as right.
I was pointing out that God ignores that basic human right.
That is not a human right when it comes to God.
glad to know

stiggy wiggy

As usual for you, you ignore the salient points.

Didn't see any.

You introduced the criteria of ringing true as what showed you the truth.

Correct. Things that ring TRUE with me seem to be ............ (get ready).....

THE TRUTH.

To a Muslim the Quran rings true, but you think this wrong.

Correct. The Quran leaves me cold. I can get more truth out of a Sears/Roebuck Catalog.

This can only mean that ringing true is an unreliable way of getting to the truth of things.

It's always served me well.