God was not actually Incarnate outside of your lip service.

Actually I believe Jesus IS the incarnation of God.
True, the Word who was God according to John became flesh.
Whereas TRINITARIANS believe Jesus is the incarnation of ONE OF THREE who are God.
Ye, the bible eaches the one God consist of 3 persons.
Just to clarify our views...

Is Jesus the incarnation of the referent of the word “God” in Genesis 1:1?

Genesis 1:1... In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

I say Yes.
Keep in mind God said, let US make man in OUR image.

Jesus was one of the US mentioned during the creation of Adam and Eve.

Since neither of you were able to answer YES or NO to the question, I will rephrase it for you...

Did God (Genesis 1:1) become incarnate as Jesus?

I say Yes.
As I just said above...

No.

But God WAS incarnate in Genesis.

Genesis 32:24... And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.

incarnate (definition 1a): invested with bodily and especially human nature and form

What do YOU believe...

Was God incarnate in Genesis?
No.
Because God can come to earth and take on a physical appearance...as well as angels...it doesn't mean they were incarnate.
I think manifest is a better word for you to choose.

Is Jesus the incarnation of the referent of the word “God” in Genesis 1:1?

Just to clarify your Trinitarian view...

Was the referent of the word “God” in Genesis 1:1 the US mentioned during the creation of Adam and Eve?

The man Christ Jesus was one of "us", correct.

Adam #1 was made in the likeness of Adam #2 per Rom 5:14(him that was to come).

So.........,

1) Is Jesus the incarnation of the referent of the word “God” in Genesis 1:1?

2) Is Jesus the incarnation of the US mentioned during the creation of Adam and Eve?

Jesus is the incarnation of one of the persons of the US mentioned during the creation of A&E.

Are "type" and likeness (our image) the same things?
Yes.

Romans 5:14 says that Adam was made in the likeness of Jesus to come.

Folks think that Adam was made in the image of an invisible God that is perfect, invisible, all powerful and an omnipresent Spirit.

That is incorrect.

Just to clarify your Trinitarian view...

Is this what your answer means?

Yes, and we know this by God (Genesis 1:1) sending the Son/Word.

My question had specifically mentioned God (Genesis 1:1).
Yes God sent the Son by way of the virgin birth, not changed into a son by way of the virgin birth. We understand the Son by Word alone, and God has never ever been without His Wisdom.

....... Alan

Yes God sent the Son by way of the virgin birth, not changed into a son by way of the virgin birth. We understand the Son by Word alone, and God has never ever been without His Wisdom.

....... Alan
Alan, did the 2 persons send one of the other persons to become a God/man and take on flesh for them?

Yes.

Romans 5:14 says that Adam was made in the likeness of Jesus to come.

Folks think that Adam was made in the image of an invisible God that is perfect, invisible, all powerful and an omnipresent Spirit.

That is incorrect.

But Truther, Adam was made in the image of the invisible God ,and we know this by way of His Express Image ,who did come to become obedient unto death ,even the death on the cross.

Folks read scriptures in isolation, and then argue the Holy Scriptures in isolation. Nevermind the fact the scriptures tells us the same things in different ways in various places we call, Book, Chapter, and Verse.

.......Alan

Alan, did the 2 persons send one of the other persons to become a God/man and take on flesh for them?
The Father sent the Son/Word by way of the virgin birth ,and born of the Holy Spirit. You were more expressive in wording , but pretty much yes.

...... Alan

But Truther, Adam was made in the image of the invisible God ,and we know this by way of His Express Image ,who did come to become obedient unto death ,even the death on the cross.

Folks read scriptures in isolation, and then argue the Holy Scriptures in isolation. Nevermind the fact the scriptures tells us the same things in different ways in various places we call, Book, Chapter, and Verse.

.......Alan
Adam was made in the image of the man Christ Jesus per Romans 5:14.

Adam was not in any way like God.

The serpent even told them that, inadvertently.

The Father sent the Son/Word by way of the virgin birth ,and born of the Holy Spirit. You were more expressive in wording , but pretty much yes.

...... Alan
I asked....did the 2 persons send one of the other persons to become a God/man and take on flesh for them?

So, do you see it as such?

Did 2 persons send the 3rd person to take on flesh, which constitutes 3 persons and flesh attached to 1/3rd of a lone God?

Back