God works on the behalf of everyone who comes to him

SteveB

In the old testament book of 2 Chronicles, there's a dialogue between YHVH and a king.

At a certain point YHVH tells the king,

2Ch 16:9 WEB For Yahweh’s eyes run back and forth throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. You have done foolishly in this; for from now on you will have wars.”

YHVH is sending his followers around the world to let everyone they can reach-

YHVH says he will work to show himself strong on your behalf.

So, you can indeed continue to argue that your unbelief is evidence enough to justify yourself, or, you can come and engage him on his terms and he will demonstrate himself strong on your behalf.

In the old testament book of 2 Chronicles, there's a dialogue between YHVH and a king.

At a certain point YHVH tells the king,

2Ch 16:9 WEB For Yahweh’s eyes run back and forth throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. You have done foolishly in this; for from now on you will have wars.”

YHVH is sending his followers around the world to let everyone they can reach-

YHVH says he will work to show himself strong on your behalf.

So, you can indeed continue to argue that your unbelief is evidence enough to justify yourself, or, you can come and engage him on his terms and he will demonstrate himself strong on your behalf.
And what about the king's subjects - those people who's hearts were not foolish, but rather were "perfect towards Him"?

YHVH sees fit to let them suffer the horrors of war as consequence for what the king has done

It is for this very reason
{among many others}
that I do not wish to engage Him

His terms are NOT acceptable, Steve

Right.... So if first we assume he exists, then it all makes sense.

And what about the king's subjects - those people who's hearts were not foolish, but rather were "perfect towards Him"?

YHVH sees fit to let them suffer the horrors of war as consequence for what the king has done

{among many others}

"God works on the behalf of everyone who comes to him."

But what he doesn't do is give everybody what they think is a good enough reason to come to him.

What about them?
Considering that they died some 2800 years ago, I'd say that they're not the issue here.
You however are still alive and as long as you remain alive, you will have to decide whether you actually want to enjoy the benefits of knowing God is ready, willing and actively engaging in showing himself strong on your behalf, or experience warfare against him.

Seems a simple matter.
Quite frankly, I'd rather have him showing himself strong on my behalf than to have him removing his protection, and all my enemies waging war against me.

Well, if you refuse to engage him on his terms, I'm thinking that you're the one who has a serious problem that you don't want a viable solution for.

If you don't like it, then turn to YHVH from your sin and place your trust in Jesus Christ.
Then you can enjoy being an adopted child of God, with all the privileges, rights, benefits and responsibilities appertaining thereto!

{among many others}
?
So, you actually want all your enemies waging war against you and no protection against them?
??‍♂️
Okee dokey artichokee!
Have it your way.

Then he'll leave you alone with your devices.

But what he doesn't do is give everybody what they think is a good enough reason to come to him.
Actually, he's given everyone the same evidences.
If you don't like what he's done, then I'm thinking you need to take it up with him.

Personally, I think that you have a problem that you have to decide whether or not you actually want a solution to, or will continue to give really pathetic excuses to.

It's your eternity.

Right.... So if first we assume he exists, then it all makes sense.
As I said innumerable times before,
I asked.
He answered.

Try asking Him.

According to the passage quoted in the OP, he's waiting for you to ask him.

As I said innumerable times before,
I asked.
He answered.

Try asking Him.

According to the passage quoted in the OP, he's waiting for you to ask him.
Have you tried asking Vishnu or Allah or Thor or Jupiter?

Of course not. You believed YHWH existed first, then you asked him. Give me a reason to believe YHWH exists.

Have you tried asking Vishnu or Allah or Thor or Jupiter?
Until you do so, and can describe the process and experience resulting from the inquiry, don't ask me to.
It only shows me that you have a really pathetic need to excuse yourself.

Of course not. You believed YHWH existed first, then you asked him. Give me a reason to believe YHWH exists.
Actually I had no idea.
It's why I asked.

That's the nature of asking the question

Are you real?

For this to be true, you would have to show Israel's survival impossible without divine intervention.

Think it just coincidental that today you can find millions of men and women known as "God's chosen people?" Ever met a single Hittite? An Ammonite? How about a Moabite?

For this to be true, you would have to show Israel's survival impossible without divine intervention.
Ok.

What factors do you think would do that?

How about a billion muslims who want them destroyed?

Globally, it appears that there are ~15,200,000 Jewish people.
In Israel, there appear to be 6,900,000 who live in Israel.

I've long found it interesting that so insignificant a number of people could survive against such insurmountable odds.
I mean, 1.26% of the global Muslim population?

That's like a 6ft man stomping on a cockroach.
But, by all means please describe your scenario.

Think it just coincidental that today you can find millions of men and women known as "God's chosen people?" Ever met a single Hittite? An Ammonite? How about a Moabite?
Not coincidental, no. There are many peoples still here from thousands of years ago for many differing reasons. Israel could still be here for the same sort of prosaic reasons that other peoples are.

For it to mean anything beyond opinion you need to show it would be impossible without divine intervention.

Agreed
Evidentially speaking, He gives no good reason to believe in His existence

And if He does happen to exist, in terms of ethics and morality, He gives ample reason to actively reject Him

What about them?
Considering that they died some 2800 years ago, I'd say that they're not the issue here.
The issue, Steve, is that YHVH punishes the innocent for the crimes of the guilty

Why do you think it is OK for God to do this?

Back