God works on the behalf of everyone who comes to him

Maybe, maybe not.
I know why you're hedging, but the answer is "no".
But I could choose not to obey him.
So, you know that he exists, but you could still choose not to obey him.
Why do you think that this couldn't happen with me?

Why would he be "imposing his will" on me if he convinced me of his existence, when he hasn't on you?
That's your choice as well.
No, it's not. It really isn't.

You cannot want anything from Allah, or Xenu, and that is not your choice.
No.
If I don't believe that somebody exists, I cannot choose to want anything from them.

I would say that I don't know why you can't grasp this trivially simple concept... but I think that you do grasp it, but won't admit it.
If you stubbornly resist his call, you will never know him, and it will be your fault not his.
Again, you must blame me for "not answering the door" because you cannot entertain the possibility that your god might not be knocking loudly enough.

Or, at all.

I pity you.

I know why you're hedging, but the answer is "no".
What if I wasn't interested in meeting you?
So, you know that he exists, but you could still choose not to obey him.
Why do you think that this couldn't happen with me?
What do you mean? That you could KNOW without a doubt that God exists and still reject him? Sure it could even though you have said otherwise.
Why would he be "imposing his will" on me if he convinced me of his existence, when he hasn't on you?
I wasn't convinced at first. There were always doubts. Eventually when I met Jane in England and she spoke in other tongues, like in the NT, that started my search for God, for a real experience with God like she evidently had. Even after that I was continually fighting doubts. God didn't impose himself on me. It has taken many experiences of the presence of God to convince me completely of his existence without any more doubts. It's been a battle but worth it.
No.
If I don't believe that somebody exists, I cannot choose to want anything from them.
Yes, I understand that is what you believe. I don't have to agree with you.
I would say that I don't know why you can't grasp this trivially simple concept... but I think that you do grasp it, but won't admit it.
Maybe not now, not today, but there may come a day when the blinders will fall off and you will believe and choose to want to know God. When you least expect it. But if that never happens, it is not God's fault. I stubbornly resisted God's pull in my life for a long time, years. I truly believe that if I hadn't been so desperate that I actually broke down and prayed to whoever was God out there, I wouldn't be here now.
Again, you must blame me for "not answering the door" because you cannot entertain the possibility that your god might not be knocking loudly enough.

Or, at all.

I pity you.
He is, you're not listening.

What if I wasn't interested in meeting you?
You'd better be - I deem everybody deserving of eternal torment, and the only way out of it is to meet me.

But it's not my job to convince you I'm real...
What do you mean? That you could KNOW without a doubt that God exists and still reject him? Sure it could even though you have said otherwise.
Then I will ask again: why would your god be imposing his will on me if he convinced me that he exists, when he has not imposed his will on you where you are convinced?
Yes, I understand that is what you believe. I don't have to agree with you.
You do not believe in Xenu, correct?
Is it possible for you to want anything from Xenu, given your lack of belief in him?

Yes/no will suffice...
Maybe not now, not today, but there may come a day when the blinders will fall off and you will believe and choose to want to know God. When you least expect it. But if that never happens, it is not God's fault. I stubbornly resisted God's pull in my life for a long time, years.
What, besides the mere fact that I don't believe, makes you think that I am resisting him?

You'd better be - I deem everybody deserving of eternal torment, and the only way out of it is to meet me.
Ha!
But it's not my job to convince you I'm real...
Once you meet him, you will know that he is real.
Then I will ask again: why would your god be imposing his will on me if he convinced me that he exists, when he has not imposed his will on you where you are convinced?
I don't understand what you are asking.
You do not believe in Xenu, correct?
Is it possible for you to want anything from Xenu, given your lack of belief in him?

Yes/no will suffice...
No, but if I didn't believe that God was the one described in the Bible, I would want to know if Xenu among all of the others that is called God on the earth were the true God.
What, besides the mere fact that I don't believe, makes you think that I am resisting him?
Because you are discussing him with me.

If you've ever had thoughts like "where do I come from", "why do I exist", or "what is my meaning or purpose"? then you are encountering God speaking to you. These are not thoughts you should be thinking if evolution without a Creator is true.

Last edited:
If you've ever had thoughts like "where do I come from", "why do I exist", or "what is my meaning or purpose"? then you are encountering God speaking to you.
Is it possible to think these thoughts, even if there is no God? Are they not thoughts that self conscious creatures would ask themselves, whether God exists or not?
These are not thoughts you should be thinking if evolution without a Creator is true.
Why not? Asking questions is surely a good thing to do if you want to get to the truth of things.

You don't laugh when you think that your god is the one saying it...
Once you meet him, you will know that he is real.
Then all he has to do is meet me.
I don't understand what you are asking.
Why your god doesn't just remove all my doubts that he exists.

All your doubts are gone, and your free will is intact...
No, but if I didn't believe that God was the one described in the Bible, I would want to know if Xenu among all of the others that is called God on the earth were the true God.
Then you concede that it is impossible to want something from a being that you don't think exists, and that it is not a matter of choice?

You can't choose to want something from Xenu, as you just stipulated.
Doesn't matter why you think that Xenu is made up; you do, and that's what prevents you from being able to choose to ask him for anything.
Because you are discussing him with me.
How does this indicate "resistance" on my part?
Can't I discuss a person's religion with them in a neutral way?
If you've ever had thoughts like "where do I come from", "why do I exist", or "what is my meaning or purpose"? then you are encountering God speaking to you.
An assertion you knew I would reject, and doubtless have no intention of supporting.
Which leaves me wondering why you would make it, to be honest...
These are not thoughts you should be thinking if evolution without a Creator is true.
The first question is a matter of science - I am satisfied with its explanation.

I have never asked the second or third questions because the only person qualified to give an answer - there is no "the" answer - is me.

Last edited:
Back