God's Eternal Life For The Lost.

Jacob51

Matt. 19 and Luke 18 each give the singular account of The Rich Ruler inquiring upon Jesus about eternal life.

We can easily observe the following:

1.) The Ruler was correctly aware of the concept of severe post mortem problems after physical death. This means The Ruler was sentiently alive, and did not have total deprivation. He comprehended his need without first being spiritually reborn.

2.) Jesus' required specification for The Ruler to merit spiritual rebirth was for him to make a decision resulting in an action. Jesus said nothing about being preordained into unmerited election in order to be born again.

3.) Jesus explained to The Disciples rich men do not go away sorrowfully failing to attain eternal life because atonement is limited to poor people, but rather Jesus stated eternal life was "possible" through God for all rich people. Possible is far from preordained limited.

4.) Jesus conferred to the Rich Ruler neither irresistible grace nor damnation, but left the choice entirely up to him.

5.) Jesus did indeed speak of having a durable and persistent pursuit of eternal life, if the man were to volitionally follow Him.

Praise God none of His word and parables can be refuted, but are written in Heaven, and will not be changed. His Word is sharp and powerful, judging all thoughts and intentions. His judgements either bring grief and loss, or bring joy and life. His People choose Life.

Dant01

According to John 5:26 and 1John 1:1-2, Christ had eternal life but it didn't prevent
his death on the cross.

And according to John 6:54, the apostles had eternal life too, but it didn't prevent
their deaths either. They're all gone.

In addition, according to John 5:24 and John 6:54, eternal life can be obtained now
before people pass on, whereas according to 1Cor 15:51-53, they obtain
immortality later.

Obviously then, eternal life and immortality are not synonymous, viz: they are not
two ways to say the same thing. The two are juxtaposed in 2Tim 1:10; where the
terms are connected with a conjunction. They aren't connected with a verb, so that
you can't say eternal life is immortality; no, eternal life and immortality are two
distinctly different subjects.

The first is perpetual in all directions; viz: eternal life always was, it always is, and
it always shall be, i.e. there has never a time when eternal life didn't exist, nor will
there ever be a time when eternal life won't exist.

Immortality isn't quite that perpetual, nor is it quite that sturdy; plus, it typically
never stretches back into the infinite past like eternal life does.

Plus; eternal life is self-sustaining whereas immortality cannot survive on its own; it
needs something and/or somebody with the wherewithal to sustain it, viz: God can
get by on His own, but immortality cannot get by without God.

Also; eternal life is non physical, while immortality is only physical; which is why it's
possible for people to have eternal life while at home in a mortal body.

Christians won't regain the immortality that Adam lost until their resurrections
(Rom 8:23-25, 1Cor 15:51-53, and 1Thss 4:14-17). However; it's possible for
people to obtain eternal life now before they pass on.

Note the grammar in the passages below. The verb "has" is present tense rather
than future, indicating that believers have eternal life right now-- no delay, and no
waiting period.

John 3:36 . . He who believes in the Son has eternal life

John 6:47 . .Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life.

John 5:24 . . I assure you, those who heed my message, and trust in God who
sent me, have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they
have already passed from Death into Life.

1John 5:13 . . I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of
God so that you may know that you have eternal life.

The right-now possession of eternal life is very crucial because according to God's
testimony, as an expert witness in all matters pertaining to Christianity; people
lacking eternal life don't have God's son. In other words: they are currently quite
christless.

1John 5:11-12 . . This is what God has testified: He has given us eternal life, and
this life is in His son. So whoever has God's son has this life; and whosoever does
not have this life, does not have His son.
_