God's Living and Active Word

Lol. If an unbeliever is among the elect, he will unto sayvation. ?
Don’t you worry.
Lol. If an unbeliever is among the elect, he will believe unto sayvation.
?

Don’t you worry.

Note: I had no idea that there were people like you who thought Hebrews 4:12 only applied towards believers.
Joe, just to make it clear, since there is always the chance you really don’t understand what I’m talking about.
As far as God’s word being living and active, of course it applies to all of Adam’s posterity. It’s God after all!

So I started this thread to see how widespread that error was among Calvinists.
Of course, the attack on Calvinism never ends, does it joe?
It appears you are alone so far.
Joe, one thing that separates us in or understanding of scripture and context is, ….. I’m not a humanist. With me, it starts with God and works downward. not with man and then works upward. Context is important Joe, who it is written to is important Joe. And at the Same time, God is immutable, His attributes never change.

You cannot have scripture the way you want it to be, no one can.
If there are brothers out there who are not under
the influence of humanistic and free will thought, I humbly invite them to correct me. Truth is much more important than having to be right. I would gladly discuss these things with them and truly consider what they have to say. This far, no one has done so.
And as a matter of fact, if I am in error, I expect and hope they would.
We will see who else believes like you that Hebrews 4:12 description of God's Word is not a universal truth about God's Word that applies to all who hear.
Twister, remember that game?

And dead judas understood Jesus teachings just like the others . Heb 4:12 is for all without discretion.

oops ?

A good case can be made Judas was saved.

He was told there was a throne for him in heaven.

Only God knows what is in a person's heart, but Jesus addressed him with "Rejoice that your name is written in heaven."

Christ also said Satan was not casting out Satan.

Judas chose his own path.

As it should be along with faithful and diligent study of the Bible to make sure what we believe and experience lines up with the scriptures.

The natural intellect cannot "figure out" the truth—this is a foundation of pride and self-reliance.

We need the Spirit to tell us what it all means, and it takes humility to ask consistently ask Him.

And dead judas understood Jesus teachings just like the others . Heb 4:12 is for all without discretion.

oops ?

There's another thought I had about Judas—Christ said it would be good for him not to have been born.

This indicates the life Judas had could not have been the primary will of God, which is always a good thing.

Joe, just to make it clear, since there is always the chance you really don’t understand what I’m talking about.
As far as God’s word being living and active, of course it applies to all of Adam’s posterity. It’s God after all!
Good, now we agree. God's Word is alive and active, cutting to the heart, judging the thoughts and intentions of man...This is a universal truth that no one should dispute. That is why we use God's Word when preaching. We certainly don't use Calvin's words do we? And that is what got us into this mess, is that I used Hebrews 4:12 in a scenario with another poster as to why a person would be condemned after hearing the Gospel preached even though the man was indoctrinated by an atheist professor, and you said the truth didn't apply because it was written to believers.

To be honest, this has drug out longer than it should.
Joe, one thing that separates us in or understanding of scripture and context is, ….. I’m not a humanist. With me, it starts with God and works downward. not with man and then works upward. Context is important Joe, who it is written to is important Joe. And at the Same time, God is immutable, His attributes never change.
A humanist, that is what you think I am. How sad. You obviously miss what non-Calvinist think, especially me. So you think that I believe our salvation starts with man and works up? It is sad that you think this when quite the opposite is true. And context is important, that is why I try to convince you that your conception of God and His salvation of man comes from an invention of man and not from God. And to be clear, as I have stated many times, none of us have it figured out, but we can learn from one another.

God bless brother

Good, now we agree. God's Word is alive and active, cutting to the heart, judging the thoughts and intentions of man...This is a universal truth that no one should dispute. That is why we use God's Word when preaching. We certainly don't use Calvin's words do we? And that is what got us into this mess, is that I used Hebrews 4:12 in a scenario with another poster as to why a person would be condemned after hearing the Gospel preached even though the man was indoctrinated by an atheist professor, and you said the truth didn't apply because it was written to believers.
To be honest your Arminianism is a mess. Stop thinking I agree with you on how your trying to put this all together. You should know better.
Or can you actually not understand what I’ve been trying to explain to you?
To be honest, this has drug out longer than it should.
Yes it has.
A humanist, that is what you think I am.
Yea, that’s how I believe you understand scripture. Thankfully were saved by grace huh?
How sad. You obviously miss what non-Calvinist think, especially me.
No, don’t think so. I’ve been a non Calvinist for more that 30 years of my life. And I even studied for literally a few years 3-5 No, to prove Calvinism wrong and arminianism right.
So you think that I believe our salvation starts with man and works up?
No, I think you believe salvation is of the Lord. But you do start with man in your theology. You seem to put man on the same level as God.
It is sad that you think this when quite the opposite is true.
That’s your opinion, I expected nothing less.
And context is important, that is why I try to convince you that your conception of God and His salvation of man comes from an invention of man and not from God.
If you agreed context is important this debate would have hardly gotten started. And you would probably be a Calvinist.
And to be clear, as I have stated many times, none of us have it figured out, but we can learn from one another.

God bless brother
Yes we could.

To be honest your Arminianism is a mess. Stop thinking I agree with you on how your trying to put this all together. You should know better.
Or can you actually not understand what I’ve been trying to explain to you?

Yes it has.

Yea, that’s how I believe you understand scripture. Thankfully were saved by grace huh?

No, don’t think so. I’ve been a non Calvinist for more that 30 years of my life. And I even studied for literally a few years 3-5 No, to prove Calvinism wrong and arminianism right.

No, I think you believe salvation is of the Lord. But you do start with man in your theology. You seem to put man on the same level as God.

That’s your opinion, I expected nothing less.

If you agreed context is important this debate would have hardly gotten started. And you would probably be a Calvinist.

Yes we could.
Blather, nothing but blather. blah, blah, blah..

You should have studied longer for Calvinism has a lot of problems

You should have studied longer for Calvinism has a lot of problems
Yea, I remember the problems, and that’s what they were as I was working through them. Finally I realized it was me and my wants that was the problem.

So how long you been fighting God for now?
longer than 3-5 years?
Just curious ?

Yea, I remember the problems, and that’s what they were as I was working through them. Finally I realized it was me and my wants that was the problem.

So how long you been fighting God for now?
longer than 3-5 years?
Just curious ?
I don't fight God i believe his word

Not some false religious system like Calvinism

Back