Going to Hell in a nutshell

And, again how do you know it's from him?:

How do you know your internal peace is from God and not from yourself?

What makes you conclude that can't be your mind?

But my questions is, when something rings true to the Bible, and you feel a presence, how do you determine it's from God as opposed to just your (sincere) imagination?

Perhaps this question will reduce back to an issue we discussed earlier, the odds of the supernatural versus the richness of human psychology.
Because IT does not come from me...the peace, the love, the joy does not come from me. The Presence, the "words", the thoughts don't proceed from my mind. The cumulative experiences of much more that I haven't shared in this forum leave me with a strong belief in the existence of God, even Jesus Christ, whom I cannot deny. Think what you will.

I met a young lady from Indiana upon arriving in England at the pub near our flats. The next day as we were talking about our families back home in the states, she told me the man in the picture was her father who was a Christian minister. She had become a Christian about 6 months before coming to England with her husband.
So, you were a Christian because you happened to meet a Christian.
And she was a Christian because her father was a Christian.

Seems as though people's religions depend on where they're from, and who they knock about with, doesn't it?

If any religion were true, why isn't it the only one?

(Please don't bother to respond with "because devil" ? )

Seems as though people's religions depend on where they're from, and who they knock about with, doesn't it?

And ....? You act as though that were some big knock against Christianity. Jesus tells us in Mark 16:15: “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature." I guess He could have said: "Go knock about with people and tell them about Me."

People spread the good news to those they meet, most of whom they know and who live near them, starting with family members. So?

So, you were a Christian because you happened to meet a Christian.
And she was a Christian because her father was a Christian.

If any religion were true, why isn't it the only one?

(Please don't bother to respond with "because devil" ? )
I'll respond as I see fit. Why is there more than one religion?---the devil wants our worship also. He tried to get Jesus to worship him.
You hate people telling you what you think. I feel the same about people telling me how to respond.

Last edited:
Because IT does not come from me...the peace, the love, the joy does not come from me.
You keep on answering like I want to know the actual evidence that proves your claim, but that’s not what I’m asking. I’m asking for the process you use to sift and weigh the evidence, to separate the wheat from the chaff, to check alternatives, to try to disconfirm your initial guesses, etc.

The Presence, the "words", the thoughts don't proceed from my mind.
See above.

The cumulative experiences of much more that I haven't shared in this forum leave me with a strong belief in the existence of God, even Jesus Christ, whom I cannot deny. Think what you will.

Back