Good news on the COVID-19 front!

Hypatia_Alexandria

Well clearly it is a great deal more deadly than seasonal flu otherwise we would not have a pandemic. Those who are asymptomatic risk infecting others who may be at risk and/or who may develop the disease in a far more serious form.

Those who know they have the disease and continue to go about their daily lives and/or refuse to wear any mask are extremely efficient vectors to spread the disease to others.

Thistle

Well clearly it is a great deal more deadly than seasonal flu otherwise we would not have a pandemic. Those who are asymptomatic risk infecting others who may be at risk and/or who may develop the disease in a far more serious form.

Those who know they have the disease and continue to go about their daily lives and/or refuse to wear any mask are extremely efficient vectors to spread the disease to others.
Question: if you discovered that you carried the antibodies for COVID-19 showing you had it and didn't know, what conclusion would you draw from that?

Hypatia_Alexandria

Question: if you discovered that you carried the antibodies for COVID-19 showing you had it and didn't know, what conclusion would you draw from that?
That while I might be unaffected I still risked passing the disease on to others. Typhoid Mary comes to mind.

Thistle

That while I might be unaffected I still risked passing the disease on to others. Typhoid Mary comes to mind.
"Coronavirus patients without symptoms aren’t driving the spread of the virus, World Health Organization officials said Monday, casting doubt on concerns by some researchers that the disease could be difficult to contain due to asymptomatic infections." [link]

Hypatia_Alexandria

"Coronavirus patients without symptoms aren’t driving the spread of the virus, World Health Organization officials said Monday, casting doubt on concerns by some researchers that the disease could be difficult to contain due to asymptomatic infections." [link]
Can you provide the actual report from the WHO and not just news outlet clips?

From Snopes in June:

Public health experts don’t know exactly how much spread is caused by asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic patients. But there are some telling hints that it is a major driver of this pandemic.

An early modeling estimate suggested that 80% of infections could be attributed to spread from undocumented cases. Presumably the undocumented patients were asymptomatic or had only extremely mild symptoms. Though interesting, the researchers made a lot of assumptions in that model so it is hard to judge the accuracy of that prediction.

A study looking at outbreaks in Ningbo, China, found that people without symptoms spread the virus as easily as those with symptoms. If half of all infected people are without symptoms at any point in time, and those people can transmit SARS-CoV-2 as easily as symptomatic patients, it is safe to assume a huge percentage of spread comes from people without symptoms.

Even without knowing the exact numbers, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention believes that transmission from people without symptoms is a major contributor to the rapid spread of SARS-CoV-2 around the world.

Sherman

I am one that doesn't think COVID is a conspiracy - there's too much that isn't known about this illness.

Thistle

Can you provide the actual report from the WHO and not just news outlet clips?
You have had the entire press corp convicting Donald Trump for four solid years on infinitely less. Somehow they are managing to sleep at nights. So I expect I will manage one way or the other.

Hypatia_Alexandria

You have had the entire press corp convicting Donald Trump for four solid years on infinitely less. Somehow they are managing to sleep at nights. So I expect I will manage one way or the other.
When I wrote "Can you provide the actual report from the WHO and not just news outlet clips?" It would have been easier to just write "No".

J regia

That covers it nicely - translation: "WE DON'T KNOW".

Pretty much the whole story about this manufactured panic.
Either way Trump says that it's a "blessing from god", which is why he says god bless America and god damn the rest of the world, even though the only god he worships is himself.