Gospel of the Kingdom

Tiburon

Yes.

Because another poster claims that the gospel proclaimed by Jesus is not the same as taught by Paul, and since Paul's letters take up 48% of the new testament, it seems reasonable to deal with it.
So why are you not showing where they are the same? Or is the similarity in the number of words?

The Pixie

Because another poster claims that the gospel proclaimed by Jesus is not the same as taught by Paul, and since Paul's letters take up 48% of the new testament, it seems reasonable to deal with it.
So rather than present an argument to support your position, you are just going to post the entire four gospels.

Got it.

rossum

Well, first you haven't actually provided any evidence that proves that actually took place.
Tree sure never provided any verification for it.
Nor has anyone else.
Evidence? Yes, I have evidence. It comes from a poster called SteveB, you may well know him.

Here is that evidence:

You're basing your eternal destiny on your ignorance of past events where only 8 people, who are your ancestors, and from whom we all came to be.
If everyone on earth is descended from the eight people on the Ark, then every other person on the earth, who was not on the Ark, died. The dead included every pregnant woman on earth. None of the women on the Ark was pregnant as we are told that there were only "eight souls" on the Ark, and all of the eight were adults, not unborn.

My thanks to SteveB for providing the necessary evidence.

SteveB

Evidence? Yes, I have evidence. It comes from a poster called SteveB, you may well know him.

Here is that evidence:

If everyone on earth is descended from the eight people on the Ark, then every other person on the earth, who was not on the Ark, died. The dead included every pregnant woman on earth. None of the women on the Ark was pregnant as we are told that there were only "eight souls" on the Ark, and all of the eight were adults, not unborn.

My thanks to SteveB for providing the necessary evidence.
So, as long as you stretched what I said to assume that what you claim took place, you want to spend your eternity in the lake of fire, just because you'd rather believe what's convenient than to learn the truth.

Ok then.

SteveB

So rather than present an argument to support your position, you are just going to post the entire four gospels.

Got it.

The irony of your complaint is that I'm providing the materials upon which to carry on the discussion.
So, if you don't want to discuss it, then don't read/comment on it.

SteveB

Argumentum ad Baculum is one of the standard errors in logic.

Also you might want to check Heaven is hotter than Hell.
I'm not bothered by the idea that heaven will be hotter than hell.

It's a simple matter of which one we've been prepared for and has been prepared for us to live in.

I can easily see heaven being hot, because God dwells there. And as he dwells in an unapproachable light, and light is energy, and energy is heat, I would expect it to be hot.

Hell on the other hand is a place where God is not, although some have speculated that Hell is in the heart of God, because he sustains everything, and without him nothing that exists could exist.
The difference between them is that hell, indeed the lake of fire is an uncontrolled burning, which is self-sustaining because of the sin and rage against God, and heaven is a very controlled environment, which is sustained by the love of God through Jesus Christ.

Thus, love as life, is the source of heat, which is restricted by God's grace and love for us.

But hell, or more importantly, the lake of fire is God's judgment due sin, and since those who choose to go there rejected him, he's giving them what they wanted... an eternity separated from him and his love.

So.... not bothered by this in the slightest.

The Pixie

The irony of your complaint is that I'm providing the materials upon which to carry on the discussion.
So, if you don't want to discuss it, then don't read/comment on it.
We already have that material.

If you want to discuss it, I would love to do so. But I see no sign of that, only of you spamming the forum.

SteveB

We already have that material.

If you want to discuss it, I would love to do so. But I see no sign of that, only of you spamming the forum.
Pick something and we can discuss it.

I didn't start this OP for you.
I started it for the individual who keeps saying that he accepts the gospel according to Jesus, but claims that Paul's idea of the gospel contradicts the gospel Jesus preached.
I even told them I'd start it, so we could discuss it.

I've noticed that they're not actually interested in doing so, and are off on other threads spouting off. This tells me that they're full of BS, and just want to toot their horn.

So, if you have something to say regarding the gospel of Jesus, then let's talk. Otherwise, save your whining for someone who cares about stroking your ego.
Because the most important thing you'll find out about the gospel-- Jesus' and Paul's -- is that it doesn't stroke egos.

Jesus said if anyone wants to be my disciple, let them pick up their cross and deny themselves and follow him.

Paul describes that we're dead to ourselves, and it's the resurrection of Jesus that makes us alive, and capable of living a life that honors YHVH and Jesus.

Since dead people can't do anything, and it's the resurrection of Jesus that makes it possible for us to respond, it seems to me that there's no room for egocentricity.

Let me know.

SteveB

You should be. Using the Argumentum ad Baculum is an error. It does your argument no favours.
The irony of this is that I saw that argument 20 years ago when I did my chemistry class in university.
So, as the article references the journal of irreproducable results, and it's noted to be a journal of scientific humor, I'd say that your problem is that you are stuck on your own argumentum ad baculum, or, in modern vernacular, your own bias, preconceptions, and, in biblical parlance,

Argumentativity and disobedience.