Grace According to Mormonism

Read my response.

I did.
Is the New Testament in the Bible or is the Bible the New Testament? Bonnie, Temples are there in both the Old and New Testament. We have them, you all don't.

The only temples in the NT church are the bodies of all believers. We have millions of those--the bodies of all yrue believers, temples to the Holy Spirit

But I did not ask to be shown temples in the Bible, but the COMMAND in the NT to build expensive, lavishly decorated temples all over the world. Where is it?
We don't have 12 year-old "elders". I can show you elders in the Bible. We have them.

Yes, they are deacons. I forgot. But I have seen elders from your church, local missionaries, barely old enough to shave, not married, not with households of their own--nothing like the description Paul gives of elders in his epistles. Would you like to see those verses?
We didn't invent the office. I know you meant deacons, but regardless, we have them.

So do we. They are mature men, also mature in the faith, not boys barely old enough to shave.
If you ask me, you're making a mountain out of a molehill which is typical of those who don't really have anything else to argue about.

Sorry you think what the Bible actually says is a molehill...
We have elders. It's in the Bible..

Yes, it is in the Bible, but "elder" does not mean 18, 19 year old young men barely out of boyhood.

Our church has elders--married men mature in age and in faith. Our church follows Paul's instruction as to what qualifications elders should have. Yours does NOT.
We have deacons, they are in the Bible also.

So do we. But again, our church follow's Paul's guidelines for what qualifications deacons should have. And they are not unmarried 18, 19 year old young men.
That was my claim and that's what we'll find in the Bible, we didn't invent the office.
Never said you invented the offices of elder and Deacon. I know they are in the Bible. But your deacons and elders can be teen-agers! Your church completely ignores the qualifications Paul lists for elders and deacons. Why is that? In our church, these men are mature, married men who are also mature in their faith. They assist the pastor in his pastoral duties, help spiritually guide the flock, and whatever else he needs help with. They sometimes must fill in for the pastor when he is ill our out of town.

Your church does not follow the Bible at all.

Read my response.

I did.
Is the New Testament in the Bible or is the Bible the New Testament? Bonnie, Temples are there in both the Old and New Testament. We have them, you all don't.

The only temples in the NT church are the bodies of all believers. We have millions of those--the bodies of all yrue believers, temples to the Holy Spirit

But I did not ask to be shown temples in the Bible, but the COMMAND in the NT to build expensive, lavishly decorated temples all over the world. Where is it?
We don't have 12 year-old "elders". I can show you elders in the Bible. We have them.

Yes, they are deacons. I forgot. But I have seen elders from your church, local missionaries, barely old enough to shave, not married, not with households of their own--nothing like the description Paul gives of elders in his epistles. Would you like to see those verses?
We didn't invent the office. I know you meant deacons, but regardless, we have them.

So do we. They are mature men, also mature in the faith, not boys barely old enough to shave.
If you ask me, you're making a mountain out of a molehill which is typical of those who don't really have anything else to argue about.

Sorry you think what the Bible actually says is a molehill...
We have elders. It's in the Bible..

Yes, it is in the Bible, but "elder" does not mean 18, 19 year old young men barely out of boyhood.

Our church has elders--married men mature in age and in faith. Our church follows Paul's instruction as to what qualifications elders should have. Yours does NOT.
We have deacons, they are in the Bible also.

So do we. But again, our church follow's Paul's guidelines for what qualifications deacons should have. And they are not unmarried 18, 19 year old young men.
That was my claim and that's what we'll find in the Bible, we didn't invent the office.
Never said you invented the offices of elder and Deacon. I know they are in the Bible. But your deacons and elders can be teen-agers! Your church completely ignores the qualifications Paul lists for elders and deacons. Why is that? In our church, these men are mature, married men who are also mature in their faith. They assist the pastor in his pastoral duties, help spiritually guide the flock, and whatever else he needs help with. They sometimes must fill in for the pastor when he is ill our out of town.

Nope. Revelations talks about in the temple that multitudes from every nation will be worshiping before the throne of God. It's thrown to God is not in your bodies and your bodies will not handle multitudes of people.

Bonnie, temples are in the New testament as well as in the Old testament. The apostles worshiped in the temple in the New testament.

We have them. You all don't.
Sorry you think what the Bible actually says is a molehill
Nice deflection. You're dispute is a molehill not the Bible. Which clearly has both priesthoods. We have those you all don't.

Let's see, how many things did I list there that your church doesn't have. You guys don't follow the Bible. We do.

Nope. Revelations talks about in the temple that multitudes from every nation will be worshiping before the throne of God. It's thrown to God is not in your bodies and your bodies will not handle multitudes of people.

Which temple will the “throne of God” be located in? The Salt Lake one… the Manti one… the New Zealand one? How will multitudes from every nation fit in any man made temple?

Bonnie, temples are in the New testament as well as in the Old testament. The apostles worshiped in the temple in the New testament.

Nice deflection. You're dispute is a molehill not the Bible. Which clearly has both priesthoods. We have those you all don't.

Let's see, how many things did I list there that your church doesn't have. You guys don't follow the Bible. We do.
You pick a word out of the Bible, like deacons and say ok, let’s make 12 year olds deacons. That’s not what they were in the Bible. Joseph Smith picked polygamy out of the Bible and decided it was God’s will. It never was.

Mormonism tries to look Biblical and Christian, but they skewed everything into something it never was.

That’s what false prophets do. Wolves in sheep’s clothing. Trying to deceive people into believing it came from Christ. It didn’t.

Okay, thanks, I forgot that, but aren't 12 year old boys sort of elders in training? And they are priests! 12 year old priests...But their "elders" are still 18, 19 year old boys, correct? I remember seeing two young men no older than that eating at a fast food restaurant, dressed in their dark pants, white shirt, and skinny dark ties. Each wore a name badge with "elder" on it.

Some elders...barely old enough to shave...certainly unmarried. :rolleyes: Not like the elders Paul described at all.

Don't think of the labels deacons, teachers, priests, as an equivalent to what those words mean to Catholics and Protestants. There's no connection. Yes, the young missionaries are elders. They have been ordained to the Melchizedek Priesthood. They aren't married or engaged.

"The Aaronic Priesthood is the lesser of the two levels or orders of priesthood in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In the Church today, worthy male members may receive the Aaronic Priesthood beginning in January of the year they turn 12.

"With the authorization of the presiding priesthood leader (usually the bishop or branch president), deacons pass the sacrament. They help the bishop or branch president watch over Church members by giving service and assisting with temporal matters such as gathering fast offerings. Teachers may perform all the duties of deacons, and they also receive other opportunities to serve. They prepare the sacramental bread and water and serve as ministering brothers. Priests may perform all the duties of deacons and teachers. With the authorization of the presiding priesthood leader, they may also bless the sacrament, baptize, and ordain others to the offices of priest, teacher, and deacon."

"A priest is an office in the Aaronic Priesthood. Beginning in January of the year they turn 16, worthy young men may be ordained to the office of priest—an office they hold until they receive the Melchizedek Priesthood. Newly baptized adult men are also ordained priests shortly following their baptism. "

They say worthy young men and newly baptized adult men, are ordained as if they know whether a person's heart is worthy or not worthy!

"Priesthood Ordinances. Priests officiate at the sacrament table and offer the sacramental prayers. They can prepare and pass the sacrament (bread and water). They can also baptize, confer the Aaronic Priesthood, and ordain deacons, teachers, and other priests. Serve Others. Priests assist the bishop in 'administering … temporal things'. This may include gathering fast offerings, caring for the poor and needy, caring for the meetinghouse and grounds, serving as a messenger for the bishop, ...."

Google this information; I'm not allowed to give another link. My husband wasn't asked to do any of those things except maybe to pass the bread and water once.

I barely know anything about the Aaronic Priesthood because my son was an infant when we left; my husband was ordained a priest after he was baptized as an adult by an army buddy. A short while later he became an elder. The only relatives we had in the church was my older sister and her family. If you ask me, my despicable brother-in-law had brain damage.; he didn't hold any priesthood at all.

Last edited:

There is no "s" at the end of Revelation. Please provide chapter and verse for your claim. Thank you.

Yep. Still no command in the NT church to build dozens of lavishly furnished, very expensive "temples" all over the world, in which to perform warmed-over Masonic rituals with a Mormon twist.

I know what Revelation says. But don't forget what Revelation 21 says here:

21:22 I saw no temple in it, because the Lord God Almighty and the lamb are its temple. 23 The city doesn’t need any sun or moon to give it light, because the glory of God gave it light, and the lamb was its lamp. 24 The nations will walk in its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it. 25 Its gates will never be shut at the end of the day—because there will be no night there. 26 People will bring the glory and wealth of the nations into it. 27 Nothing unclean, or anyone who does anything detestable, and no one who tells lies will ever enter it.

Yes, temples ARE in the NT--the temples of our bodies, indwelt by the Holy Spirit.

And I know there was a temple in Jerusalem, that the Disciples worshiped in. They were Jews, used to doing so. But the Gentile Christians and Jews living in the Diaspora had no physical temples to worship in. They met in each other's houses to worship.

And look what Paul said about temples in Acts 17, NASB:

Sermon on Mars Hill​

22 So Paul stood in the midst of the [s]Areopagus and said, “Men of Athens, I observe that you are very religious in all respects. 23 For while I was passing through and examining the objects of your worship, I also found an altar with this inscription, ‘TO AN UNKNOWN GOD.’ Therefore what you worship in ignorance, this I proclaim to you. 24 The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands; 25 nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things...

Again, please show me a COMMANDMENT in the NT, from God, to build lavishly decorated, very expensive temples all over the world, in which to perform Masonic rituals with a Mormon twist. SHOW ME, PLEASE. If you cannot, then you and your church are demonstrating "eisegesis." Your church has taught and swallowed lies.

Au contraire, we do indeed have temples:

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 ESV​

Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV​

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

1 Peter 2:5 ESV​

You yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 6:19 ESV​

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own..

Ephesians 2, NASB

19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the [p]saints, and are of God’s household, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy [q]temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

So, we do indeed have temples in the NT church--millions upon millions of them, the bodies of every true believer in the true Jesus Christ of the Bible! :)

Yes, the Bible clearly has both priesthoods, but the Aaronic priesthood is null and void since Christ's resurrection, and ONLY Jesus Christ has the Melchizedek priesthood, because He alone lives forever to intercede for us believers and He alone can save us--no so-called "Melchizedek" priest in your "church" can make that claim. They are phony and false priests. ALL true believers in the true Jesus Christ of the Bible are a royal priesthood, a kingdom, PRIESTS to God our Father, with Jesus Christ alone as our great High Priest.
Oh, what a lot of baloney from the Mormon deli! My church has pastors, elders, deacons, (and even deaconesses in some of the larger churches). But our elders and deacons have the qualifications for those positions, as outlined by Paul. YOUR church does NOT. It does NOT follow the Bible. You have yet to answer these questions:

1. Where is there in the NT a COMMAND to build lavishly decorated and expensive temples, all over the world, in which to perform Masonic rituals with a Mormon twist? The COMMAND.

2. Where does the Bible say that Jesus and Satan are actual brothers in the pre-mortal, spirit existence?

3. Where does the NT say deacons and elders can be unmarried, teen-aged boys?

4. Where does the NT say that there are Aaronic and Melchizedek priests in the NT church? Paul lists church workers in Ephesians...."priest" is singularly lacking from that list.

5. Where does the NT say anyone except Jesus has the Melchizedek priesthood?

Last edited:
I'm very sorry. My computer is acting up and I cannot fix it myself nor take it somewhere. Then to make matters worse this site will not allow me to edit if too many minutes have passed.

The site software has been set at 30 minutes for editing time. May I offer a suggestion? Hopefully you don't mind.
Check your app list on your computer for any "word processor" software such as WordPad or NotePad. It is a great tool for creating documents, letters, etc... and is good too for creating posts before applying them to the typing box. Take all the time you need to create your post and edit where needed. When ready, simply copy your finished post from WordPad, and paste it into the typing box on here. No more lost work, simply copy/paste again if needed. Don't delete your work, until what you want is posted on the forum.

Or you can download "open office" which is also a word processor and is a free download. Both WordPad and open office are good for posting purposes. And easy to use. there are apps for cell phones, but you will have to try them out till you find one that suits your needs.

And look what Paul said about temples in Acts 17, NASB:
Still, your bodies will not be able to support an innumerable host of people from all nations night and day dressed in white. While u prattle on about our bodies being a temple, that is obviously not the temple John is referring to.

From his description, it is not difficult to see that it is either lavish and very expensive or that there are hundreds maybe even thousands of them, also expensive, temple(s). Either way you look at it, we have both our bodies and temples with the throne of God wherein people's from every nation do worship, night and day, dressed in white.

I'm still waiting for u all to tell us something we do that isn't in the Bible. And while you complain about the things we do have, you expose what you don't have, so, please continue. It's not helping your case.

but the Aaronic priesthood is null and void since Christ's resurrection
Please show us where God or any apostle stated that the Aaronic priesthood was null and void. Specifically, the officiator who acted as effigy for the atonement and the blood sacrifices in the temple where made null and void but nothing in the Bible nullifies the roll of the priests. Other churches invented new things for them to do, but; in our church they still do the same thing except as it has been modified by Christ and no longer needs to done in the temple. The bread and water replacing the sacrificial lamb, the body and the blood. The Aaronic priesthood administered it in the Old covenant and in the New. The change is in what represents the Savior's sacrifice.

The fact that you all don't see that is telling. It's indicative of people who are guessing, groping in the darkness, following the rituals of other churches without God or the guidance of the Holy Spirit in their congregations.

If course you all have the sacrament or communion but it's only an imitation, the actions without the priesthood. We have that in our church. It's in the Bible. We didn't invent it.

Here is a good explanation for the word "temple" when used in Revelation.
This is what we see in religions that don't teach the Bible. They have to make excuses as to why they don't teach it. There are three that have followed in rapid succession. The fact is, you will find it in our church.

But my question was, everything we do is found in the Bible and I'm still waiting for someone to expose that what we do isn't in it.

Our critics seem to be hung up on procedure while they ignore the fact that they don't have it at all. They complain about age or the cost of buildings struggling over detains that are completely missing in their own practice (some, not all). It is typical for those who don't have it at all to claim that those who do have it are doing it wrong. There is some irony in that situation.

This is what we see in religions that don't teach the Bible.

Actually, we teach the bible all the time in my church. But nowhere is its teaching diluted by also teaching the BoM--which, incidentally, agrees more with the Bible than with the Mormon D and C.
They have to make excuses as to why they don't teach it.

We have no need to make excuses because we do teach it. Kids are taught it at a young age in Sunday School, and we have adult Bible classes after church and on Wednesday evenings. Including Revelation. We studied it quite thoroughly back in 2012 at midweek Bible study, using Dr. Louis Brighton's excellent commentary on it--along with discussions of the Greek used in Revelation. That scholar was a leading authority on Revelation in our church and even outside of our church. He could read and understand Biblical Greek as easily as we can read and understand English.
There are three that have followed in rapid succession. The fact is, you will find it in our church.

Three what in "rapid succession"--the mention of "temple" in Revelation? If so, tell me, did you read them in context?

I am still waiting to see where there is a COMMANDMENT in the NT to build very expensive, lavishly decorated buildings called "temples" in which to perform what amount to Masonic rituals with Mormon twists.

Yes, in Mormonism one will find beautiful, whitewashed tombs called "temples" in which unclean rituals are performed to a false god, where the word of God is perverted and twisted, and Satan is invited into the endowment. None of this comes from God.
But my question was, everything we do is found in the Bible and I'm still waiting for someone to expose that what we do isn't in it.

Oh, good grief! Already done that on here, umpteen times! Show us FROM THE BIBLE the temple endowment ceremony....the command to build expensive temples all over the world....the command to take Masonic rituals, tweak them, and turn them into Mormon rituals, in order to be "exalted" to "Godhood" in the afterlife. How about having marriages "sealed" in one of your temples, again, so one can be "exalted" to godhood and wives will be priestesses to their husbands, when they achieve "godhood" when they are exalted to the highest level in the highest level of Mormon heaven.

We have exposed a number of things that your church does that isn't found in the Bible. Trouble is, Mormons on here refuse to see it.
Our critics seem to be hung up on procedure while they ignore the fact that they don't have it at all. They complain about age or the cost of buildings struggling over detains that are completely missing in their own practice (some, not all).

We are missing nothing in our own "practices." We have no need of expensive, lavishly decorated temples in which to perform ordinances that Jesus Christ Himself commanded--Holy Baptism and the Lord's Supper. We can do those anywhere. Anywhere two or three are gathered together in Jesus' name becomes our "temple" and it is Jesus Christ Himself Who will be in their midst, sanctifying it and making it holy--whether it be living room, garage, school auditoriums, funeral chapels, picnic areas--all become holy "temples" to Jesus Christ when the people there worship Him in spirit and in truth.

Mormons do neither.
It is typical for those who don't have it at all to claim that those who do have it are doing it wrong. There is some irony in that situation.
Yes, and the irony is on the side of the Mormons, because true Christians DO have it all! We have the TRUE Jesus Christ of the Bible, the eternal and uncreated Word of God, Who became man for our sake, to suffer and die a horrific death on the cross, to pay the price for all our sins, so we can be forgiven those sins, and have eternal life, great and free, in His Name! Jesus Christ and His Gospel ARE everything to us!

"For the wages of sin is death; but the FREE GIFT OF GOD is life eternal in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans).

What part of "free gift" don't you get, BoJ?

Still, your bodies will not be able to support an innumerable host of people from all nations night and day dressed in white. While u prattle on about our bodies being a temple, that is obviously not the temple John is referring to.

From his description, it is not difficult to see that it is either lavish and very expensive or that there are hundreds maybe even thousands of them, also expensive, temple(s). Either way you look at it, we have both our bodies and temples with the throne of God wherein people's from every nation do worship, night and day, dressed in white.

I'm still waiting for u all to tell us something we do that isn't in the Bible. And while you complain about the things we do have, you expose what you don't have, so, please continue. It's not helping your case.
Your scriptures say (D&C 132) that unmarried people won’t be able to live with God, since you believe He only dwells in the highest level of the celestial kingdom.

That did not come from Christ/Bible.

Oh, good grief! Already done that on here, umpteen times! Show us FROM THE BIBLE the temple endowment ceremony
What? Like this one? I've showed u. Ps 110. There are others.

Bonnie, our differences are based on interpretation. Ps 110 is the endowment. Gen 1, is the endowment. Those are in the Bible. Those are in our church.

I'm not going to respond to your bloviating. Clearly, details of very sacred things are not going to be recorded for everyone to see, casting pearls before swine type of things. They weren't then and they aren't now. But everything we do in the temple is in the scriptures. The washing an anointings, even the second anointing, the washing of feet, the new name, the endowment, Sealings, baptisms for the dead, keeping the books. The structure of the temple, the four states, the court of the gentiles, outer court, inner court and the holy of holies. It's all there. These are all in the Bible and no other religion, that I know of has anything like it, not even close. They are unable to even comprehend it because they don't have the gospel. They are led by men. The blind groping in the dark.

Please show us where God or any apostle stated that the Aaronic priesthood was null and void.

Read the book of Hebrews--all of it.
Specifically, the officiator who acted as effigy for the atonement and the blood sacrifices in the temple where made null and void but nothing in the Bible nullifies the roll of the priests.

yes, it does--the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. No longer any necessity of a formal priesthood to offer animal sacrifices and act as go-betweens between God and believers. Each and every true believer is a priest to God the Father, offering up spiritual sacrifices, with Jesus Christ as our one and only great High Priest.
Other churches invented new things for them to do, but; in our church they still do the same thing except as it has been modified by Christ and no longer needs to done in the temple.

Which means temples are no longer necessary--doesn't it?
The bread and water replacing the sacrificial lamb, the body and the blood. The Aaronic priesthood administered it in the Old covenant and in the New. The change is in what represents the Savior's sacrifice.

Bread and water replacing the sacrificial lamb, my Aunt Granny! Show us where Jesus substituted WATER for the paschal lamb at His Last Supper! He ate unleavened bread (This is my Body) and the cup of wine (This is my blood), calling the latter the "fruit of the vine." That isn't water. Even the BoM has Christ commanding using wine at His suppers (paraphrasing). Haven't you ever read that?
The fact that you all don't see that is telling. It's indicative of people who are guessing, groping in the darkness, following the rituals of other churches without God or the guidance of the Holy Spirit in their congregations.

Sorry, but we aren't the ones doing useless, empty rituals based on Freemasonry, but partake of Holy Communion every Sunday, and also perform Baptisms in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
If course you all have the sacrament or communion but it's only an imitation, the actions without the priesthood. We have that in our church. It's in the Bible. We didn't invent it.

Imitation, my Aunt Gertude! We do it exactly as Paul said to do it! And nowhere did HE say we needed some phony Mormon "priesthood" in order to partake of it, since ALL believers are a "royal priesthood" to God. We partake of the Lord's Supper as Jesus partook of it, before His death! And He didn't use water. Even your BoM has Jesus using wine!

We have exposed a number of things that your church does that isn't found in the Bible. Trouble is, Mormons on here refuse to see it.
Your issues are irrelevant. The fact is, all the things that we do are found in the Bible. U might not like the way we do them.nu might not like handshakes and the cost of the buildings. You insist that the Bible "command" them, but the fact is, there are going to have to be a lot of temples consuming a lot of resources to be able to handle an innumerable host of people from every nation worshiping night and day. I really don't think you have put much more thought into your complaints other than "they can't be right". I'm sure that our critics are getting desperate about that.

Your scriptures say (D&C 132) that unmarried people won’t be able to live with God, since you believe He only dwells in the highest level of the celestial kingdom.

That did not come from Christ/Bible.
No, our scriptures make no such claim.

But I do note that failing any traction on the main argument, it's now time to change the subject.

Back