Grace in Action

G

guest1

Well, your "L' stands for limited. There should be a "V" in front of it. There are no names added to the book of life but there are names blotted out.
You say you don't limit anything Jesus does but he said God was propitiated by his sacrifice for the sins of the whole world. You say no.
Wrong again show a single person who has been “ blotted out “. ??????????

chapter, verse and name please !

JDS

Wrong again show a single person who has been “ blotted out “. ??????????

chapter, verse and name please !
No names are given, only the warning. Do you have some who were written in before the foundation of the world?

brightfame52

All of Salvation is premised/conditioned on Grace, Salvation in and of itself, and Faith that accompanies it Eph 2:8

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Acts 18:27

27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

G

guest1

All of Salvation is premised/conditioned on Grace, Salvation in and of itself, and Faith that accompanies it Eph 2:8

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Acts 18:27

27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:
Agreed !!!

brightfame52

Paul as should all believers in Christ gave credit to Grace for becoming a believer in Jesus and servant 1 Cor 15:10

10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

Rom 1:1

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

Are we servants of the same Jesus Christ ?

Rom 6:18,22

Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

But now being made free from sin, and become[passive voice] servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

1 Pet 2:16

As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

Rev 7:3

Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Then its by the Grace of God !

newheart78

Paul as should all believers in Christ gave credit to Grace for becoming a believer in Jesus and servant 1 Cor 15:10

10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

Rom 1:1

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

Are we servants of the same Jesus Christ ?

Rom 6:18,22

Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

But now being made free from sin, and become[passive voice] servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

1 Pet 2:16

As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

Rev 7:3

Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Then its by the Grace of God !

Amen Brother, and this is the same Gift of Grace Paul writes of here:

Rom. 5:15-17

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

God's elect are made Believers by the Gift of His Grace, bestowed upon them through Jesus Christ Our Lord, according to the working of His mighty Power Eph. 1:19!

G

guest1

It's the same for everyone who says they have come to teach Calvin a lesson. They don't have the 10th of his intelligence and less than a peck of his zeal for Christ. Those who make that their ambition say all Calvinists who engage with them are called liars by inference or else deceived by undoubted meaning and even in some instances their faith is called into question. And then these babblers post decontextualised Scriptures and make insensible claims if by any means they can say that they won an argument. They block some to avoid having to say I refuse your meanings when they are given with a clear context to inference of misused Scriptures and cry like babies when they are rebuked. Breathtaking.
Are you still around ?

G

guest1

The only person you are bringing pressure on is yourself. Stop being the teacher and start being the peer. This isn't a classroom and no one is the teacher other than Christ working in each of us to the extent that we lay hold of the Scripture. So to that claim of my words which you don't even have the courtesy to attribute to me in this OP as you refer I can't talk to two of these fellows - the other fellow being who precisely I don't know? - but at least I know I am one of those fellows. Well here is the rub - you told me that you do not understand my words and I told you I knew that you didn't understand my words. You will just have to accept that if you ever will understand me, even in the smallest semblance of what I have said to you you will need to set aside yourself first - because how I write and minister in the churches is prophetic and not teaching. Get used to it - I am not changing to meet your natural mind. What believers need today is a separation that leads to rejecting heterodoxy that sows confusion and embracing the cross unto death daily otherwise we are never going to be free from simple minds - when in truth simple means lying minds.
Well said !