Granddaughter heart transplant.

Beloved

Yesterday (July 3rd) my Granddaughter Steffany had a heart transplant and as this afternoon was in ICU doing well. She has been in the hospital in Dallas for over a month so she has been physically prepared, which is a blessing.

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
Yesterday (July 3rd) my Granddaughter Steffany had a heart transplant and as this afternoon was in ICU doing well. She has been in the hospital in Dallas for over a month so she has been physically prepared, which is a blessing.

Sending prayers for a speedy recovery and continued good health.

balshan

Praying for your granddaughter and her recovery. Also your family.

Beloved

Hi, Beloved!
How's your granddaughter doing? 🙏

--Rich
Hi Rich, thanks for asking. Also to the others here that have. Steffany has been elevated to the 10th floor. I had not given an update because though she was doing well it seems one side of the new heart was working normal but the other side was not. We were told it could be because of being on ice and the 7 hr. surgery. Yesterday I talked to her and she understands the one side is slowly behaving normally but still not up to speed.

The reason for the long surgery was scar tissue had to be removed because she had a Lvad put in years ago because a heart wasn't avalable . I didn't want to post incorrect info is why I didn't update here. Because she was in the hospital 47 days before this surgery, she is having to do rehab in order to get her body in better shape.Just being back in Dallas where her two children or and they can come visit is a big plus. I talked to her she was crying because she had to be taken to the bathroom. She is so strong and optomistic that was the first I had heard her complain.

I would like to ask you, and others to pray for that one side of the heart to function as well as the other side. I can't imagine what it would entail to take a heart out and replace it after that surgery. So far I haven't heard if that is an option. Her Mom is with her and it helps her because she can do some things for her. I understand they will have to stay in Dallas a couple of months after she is released so her Mom is looking for an apartment near the hospital.

Thanks again to all of you for the prayers and I will try to be better about the updates.

balshan

Hi Rich, thanks for asking. Also to the others here that have. Steffany has been elevated to the 10th floor. I had not given an update because though she was doing well it seems one side of the new heart was working normal but the other side was not. We were told it could be because of being on ice and the 7 hr. surgery. Yesterday I talked to her and she understands the one side is slowly behaving normally but still not up to speed.

The reason for the long surgery was scar tissue had to be removed because she had a Lvad put in years ago because a heart wasn't avalable . I didn't want to post incorrect info is why I didn't update here. Because she was in the hospital 47 days before this surgery, she is having to do rehab in order to get her body in better shape.Just being back in Dallas where her two children or and they can come visit is a big plus. I talked to her she was crying because she had to be taken to the bathroom. She is so strong and optomistic that was the first I had heard her complain.

I would like to ask you, and others to pray for that one side of the heart to function as well as the other side. I can't imagine what it would entail to take a heart out and replace it after that surgery. So far I haven't heard if that is an option. Her Mom is with her and it helps her because she can do some things for her. I understand they will have to stay in Dallas a couple of months after she is released so her Mom is looking for an apartment near the hospital.

Thanks again to all of you for the prayers and I will try to be better about the updates.
Sending our love to you and yours. Will pray. Blessings.

Beloved

Late last night Steffany's mother came home to get some clothes, , etc. She received a phone call that Steffany's kidneys were not doing well. Just now she received a call that she was being moved back to ICU because they were failing. That is all the info I have right now.

I came on to ask all of you please pray for her and for the doctors that are taking care of her. I believe prayer is the only thing that will make a difference at this point. I don't know many people on here but would you ask people that you talk to in the different forms to pray for her?

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
Late last night Steffany's mother came home to get some clothes, , etc. She received a phone call that Steffany's kidneys were not doing well. Just now she received a call that she was being moved back to ICU because they were failing. That is all the info I have right now.

I came on to ask all of you please pray for her and for the doctors that are taking care of her. I believe prayer is the only thing that will make a difference at this point. I don't know many people on here but would you ask people that you talk to in the different forms to pray for her?

Praying for her. 🙏

balshan

Praying

RiJoRi

Still praying

Hark

I give thanks to the Lord Jesus Christ for that and pray for a speedy recovery.