Great and Holy Lent

ziapueblo

Today in the Orthodox Church we begin the Lenten Triodion. The Lenten Triodion are the three Sundays leading up to Lent and are meant to prepare the faithful for the Lenten journey.

This Sunday is the Sunday of the Publican and the Pharisee, a parable which we all are probably familiar with. Todays epistle reading is from 2 Timothy 3:10-15, and the Gospel, of course, is from Luke 18:10-14.

For my Western Christian brethren who observe Lent, I know you have begun the great and holy journey this past week, and I pray God will bless you and your families during the preparation for the Feast of Christ's Resurrection!

Woody50

Today in the Orthodox Church we begin the Lenten Triodion. The Lenten Triodion are the three Sundays leading up to Lent and are meant to prepare the faithful for the Lenten journey.

This Sunday is the Sunday of the Publican and the Pharisee, a parable which we all are probably familiar with. Todays epistle reading is from 2 Timothy 3:10-15, and the Gospel, of course, is from Luke 18:10-14.

For my Western Christian brethren who observe Lent, I know you have begun the great and holy journey this past week, and I pray God will bless you and your families during the preparation for the Feast of Christ's Resurrection!
From this protestant to an Orthodox brother, I appreciate your post.

I don't recognize or celebrate Lent, but I do understand its significance. Blessing in Christ, ziapueblo. Jesus rules all.