Greetings :)

Deuteronomy

Hello everyone, I'm happy to be here and am looking forward to getting to know you all (and, of course, to growing in/deepening my knowledge and understanding of God, His word, and the faith, and in Christlikeness, along with all of my brothers and sisters in Christ here at CARM).

For any who are interested, I was born and raised in the church (so to speak). I was baptized as an infant, attended Sunday School, sung in the Children's Choir, went on retreats, was confirmed, and then attended church regularly through high school (you know, the whole 9 yards). I loved it (for the most part anyway).

Then I all but left church in college and began to lead a very fun, but very sinful life, though I continued to believe that I was a Christian nevertheless (why wouldn't I have), until 2 months after my 30th birthday when, to my great surprise, I finally become one, PTL (a Christian, that is). That's when everything in my life changed :)

God bless you all and I hope to see you out on some of the other boards soon!

~Deut
p.s. - just FYI, the verses/passages in my signature line were the ones that I used regularly as a mod (on a different Christian forum) when dealing with various problems that arose between believers there. Since online formats like this seem to bring out the worst in us at times, I thought they would make good reminders for us all (just to be clear, I am certainly including myself in the group that needs these reminders ;)).

Christ with me,
Christ before me,
Christ behind me,
Christ in me,
Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ on my right,
Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down,
Christ when I sit down,
Christ when I arise,
Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.
~Prayer (LORICA) of St. Patrick

Hello everyone, I'm happy to be here and am looking forward to getting to know you all (and, of course, to growing in/deepening my knowledge and understanding of God, His word, and the faith, and in Christlikeness, along with all of my brothers and sisters in Christ here at CARM).

For any who are interested, I was born and raised in the church (so to speak). I was baptized as an infant, attended Sunday School, sung in the Children's Choir, went on retreats, was confirmed, and then attended church regularly through high school (you know, the whole 9 yards). I loved it (for the most part anyway).

Then I all but left church in college and began to lead a very fun, but very sinful life, though I continued to believe that I was a Christian nevertheless (why wouldn't I have), until 2 months after my 30th birthday when, to my great surprise, I finally become one, PTL (a Christian, that is). That's when everything in my life changed :)

~Deut
p.s. - just FYI, the verses/passages in my signature line were the ones that I used regularly as a mod (on a different Christian forum) when dealing with various problems that arose between believers there. Since online formats like this seem to bring out the worst in us at times, I thought they would make good reminders for us all (just to be clear, I am certainly including myself in the group that needs these reminders ;)).

Christ with me,
Christ before me,
Christ behind me,
Christ in me,
Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ on my right,
Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down,
Christ when I sit down,
Christ when I arise,
Welcome. You'll find dialogue here on almost anything. Jump in and enjoy.

~Deut

Christ with me,
Christ before me,
Christ behind me,
Christ in me,
Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ on my right,
Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down,
Christ when I sit down,
Christ when I arise,
Welcome to CARM :)✝️

Thank you @Beloved Daughter :)

God bless you!!

~Deuteronomy

1 Thessalonians 5
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

Hello @Janice Bower, thank you for your kind welcome and words :)

I'd love to hear about your conversion to Christianity some time (about what was behind it, specifically), so if you ever write about it (or if you have already done so), either here at CARM or elsewhere online, please point me to it so that I can read it (I've had numbers of opportunities to talk with Mormons in the past, both online and in person, and I believe that I still will in the future, so I'd like to know as much as I can about Mormonism so that I can be as helpful as I can).

God bless you!!

~Deuteronomy

Numbers 6
24 The LORD bless you and keep you;
25 The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious unto you;
26 The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

The Lord had an obvious plan for my life. I was deceived by the Mormons and non-Christian, non-religious parents, but a seed planted by a German Lutheran when I was only four stayed with me. I prayed in German for years before I learned to pray to God in English.

Long story!

~Deut

Christ with me,
Christ before me,
Christ behind me,
Christ in me,
Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ on my right,
Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down,
Christ when I sit down,
Christ when I arise,