Gregor Mendel,

Mr Laurier

Gregor Mendel was a 19th century monk who discovered genetics.
He gave the theory of evolution the final part needed to be an actual theory.
Why do creationist not attack him? Or do they just not know about him?

The Pixie

It is called "Darwinism" not "Mendelism".

When all you have as an argument is character assassination, you go for the guy whose name is associated with it. And then you do you best to make sure it stays associated with it, even when science has left it behind, because, well, that is the only argument you have.

Electric Skeptic

It is called "Darwinism" not "Mendelism".

When all you have as an argument is character assassination, you go for the guy whose name is associated with it. And then you do you best to make sure it stays associated with it, even when science has left it behind, because, well, that is the only argument you have.
Purely subjective, of course, but I think 'Darwinism' sounds better than either 'Mendelism' or 'Wallacism'. Wallacianism?

Temujin

Purely subjective, of course, but I think 'Darwinism' sounds better than either 'Mendelism' or 'Wallacism'. Wallacianism?
Why don't we have Newtonism, Daltonism, Einsteinism or Bohrism? I'm trying to think of any other scientific discipline that is personalised like Darwinism. Presumably it's a sort of reverse personality cult, an attempt to trivialise a mature and solid, foundational theory.