Gryllus Maior

John Milton

Stephen Carlson posted this Facebook message on B-Greek recently, and some in this forum may wish to know.
It is with heavy hearts that we want to let people know that Barry has fought hard against a cancer diagnosis for the last year, but is now in Hospice and will soon be in the hands of our precious Savior.

He is at peace, comfortable, and full of love. He thanks you all for your friendship and for all of your thoughts and prayers during this time.

-The Hofstetter Family
My prayers are with Barry and his family.

Stephen Carlson posted this Facebook message on B-Greek recently, and some in this forum may wish to know.
My prayers are with Barry and his family.
Was Barry posting here on CARM? I remember engaging with Barry well over a decade ago on a couple of Yahoo group forums. I still have a few of them saved for posterity. We used to go round and round all the time debating the true meaning of Mark 7, and the underlying reasons why the articles don't agree with the nouns they modify in "This is my body" etc. etc.

If I recall correctly, he was a professor of Patristic studies, but the name of the college or university escapes me. As much as I disagreed with him on a number of subjects, I always appreciated his insights as well as the fact that he was a treasure trove of useful information.

Was Barry posting here on CARM? I remember engaging with Barry well over a decade ago on a couple of Yahoo group forums. I still have a few of them saved for posterity. We used to go round and round all the time debating the true meaning of Mark 7, and the underlying reasons why the articles don't agree with the nouns they modify in "This is my body" etc. etc.

If I recall correctly, he was a professor of Patristic studies, but the name of the college or university escapes me. As much as I disagreed with him on a number of subjects, I always appreciated his insights as well as the fact that he was a treasure trove of useful information.
Yes, Barry posted here, most recently under the screen name that is the title of this thread. He taught Latin at the Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy, but as far as I know he wasn't a college professor. He will certainly be missed.

Back