Guess what today (Oct. 31, 2022) is, and it's not halloween...

No. See my old entry here. If you scroll down to the bottom of the entry, one of the editors of Luther's Works wrote me and dispelled this myth. He writes:

In the early 1980's, Dietrich Emme popularized the theory that Martin Luther entered the Augustinian monastery in Erfurt not due to his experience in a storm, but in order to escape prosecution after killing a companion (Hieronymus Buntz) in a duel in 1505 (Martin Luther: Sein Jugend- und Studentenzeit 1483-1505 [Cologne, 1982]). Emme's work on this point has been widely dismissed in recent scholarship as piling one speculative conclusion upon another (e.g., Andreas Lindner, "Was geschah in Stotternheim," in C. Bultmann, V. Leppin, eds., Luther und das monastische Erbe [Tübingen, 2007], pp. 109-10; cf. Franz Posset, The Front-Runner of the Catholic Reformation: The Life and Works of Johann von Staupitz[Aldershot: Ashgate, 2003], 94, and the response by Helmar Junghans, Lutherjahrbuch 72 [2005]:190).

The standard biographer of Luther claims that Hieronymus Buntz died of plague (Martin Brecht, Martin Luther: His Road to Reformation, 1483-1521 [Minneapolis: Fortress, 1985], 47), and this is documented in sources from 1505 (http://books.google.com/books?id=r2hHAAAAYAAJ&dq=Hieronymus Buntz&as_brr=3&pg=PA34#v=onepage&q=Hieronymus Buntz&f=false).

The "duel theory" relies on one of Luther's Table Talks: "By the singular plan of God I became a monk, so that they would not capture me. Otherwise I would have been captured easily. But they were not able to do it, because the entire Order took care of me" (D. Martin Luthers Werke: kritische Gesamtausgabe[Weimar Edition]: Tischreden, vol. 1 [Weimar: Hermann Böhlaus Nachfolger, 1912], p. 134, no. 326). Yet this refers to the Augustinian order's protection of Luther from Rome in 1518, not a putative flight from prosecution for dueling in 1505.

If Luther's "duel" were true, it would have been a matter of rather public knowledge, both casually, among students and the monks, and officially, both with whatever civil or episcopal authorities were supposedly trying to arrest Luther, as well as because a dispensation would have been required for Luther's ordination (homicide being a canonical impediment for the sacrament of order). In other words, it would be practically unthinkable that when the Roman Catholic polemical biographer of Luther, Johannes Cochlaeus, was searching for data about Luther's monastic career (and coming up with stories like Luther wailing in the choir) that such a "fact," if true or even rumored, would not have emerged.

Dr. Christopher Boyd Brown, general editor, Luther’s Works: American Edition
Dr. Benjamin T. G. Mayes, managing editor, Luther’s Works: American Edition
RCs love revisionist history.

==

So your taught false RCC history, yep I had a few of those in my schooling. It is so annoying when you find out the truth.
Peter says;
2Peter 2:1​
2 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you.​
They will secretly introduce destructive heresies,​
even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—​
bringing swift destruction on themselves.​
2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.​
3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories.​

Thats from the New International Version

this is from a Catholic version
so they are not ignorant of these fabricated stories.
with feigned words
and
they will exploit you with concocted stories.
New Catholic Bible[/indent]

Peter says
"They will do this; not maybe;
for an absolute Fact they will spread these
lies, deception, deceit amongest you

-----------Posters---------------
only Liars do such
as in
them which say they are apostles,
and are not, and hast found them liars:​

and there is only 1 church I know of that claimed Apostolic Succession
IE: