Guilt offering and the missing imputation

No problem

Thinking back It was the sacrifices of the day of atone and the two goat offering in particular which was in view

As was noted the goat which was killed did not have any sin confessed over it and the goat which had sin confessed over it was not killed

Neither goat was stated to be punished and neither goat were seen as unholy or sinful as a result of the practice
Friend, the Gospel was first preached in Genesis 3:15, and yet if that is all we were left with our understanding of the Gospel would be VERY imperfect. The Gospel was signified in Noah's ark, and yet if that is all we were left with our understanding of the Gospel would be very imperfect. It was preached to Abraham, and prefigured in His sacrifice of Isaac and yet even with these, the picture is incomplete. All the ceremonial law is full of types and shadows...none in and of themselves is the fullness. The fullness is CHRIST.

The point is this: to get a clear picture of Christ and the work he came to accomplish, we must take the entirety of the Old Testament and simultaneously hold in view ALL of its types, shadows, prefigurements, significations, symbols, etc. No one or 2 will do. And THEN we must recognize that not even with all of these is Christ completely comprehended. The cross of Jesus Christ is the fullness of revelation. In it we learn God's justice and love. At the cross we see the greatest demonstration of the wrath of God in His holy hatred of sin...the greatest demonstration conceivable. And there we also see the greatest demonstration of God's love to the sinner conceivable. No amount of polemics will teach you that (and there ARE incredible polemics to be made). Because this is not an issue of your being convinced by insurmountable evidence. Its a matter of truth suppression and Gospel unbelief.

Friend, if you cannot see the holiness of God in his hatred of sin and his will to punish it eternally, if you cannot see that God is love, and therefore he also hates everything that opposes what he loves most, which is HIMSELF...if you cannot see that the only way for God to vindicate his righteous name and be just in his justifying sinners is to sacrifice his own son in order to fulfill the righteous requirements of his law...

Well friend, if you cannot see these things it is because you WILL not...you won't...you refuse to. This is Gospel-unbelief and if you persist in it you will die in your sins. Man, in his pride, refuses to see sin for what it is and to see what it requires. He refuses to acknowledge sin as guilt worthy of eternal damnation. Thus man's solution to the problem of sin always misses the mark and he ends up embracing a "gospel" that is impotent to save. Friend, Christ is a great savior. He died to exhaust the wrath of God at your sin, even the sin of refusing believe what God has said about the heinousness of your sin and what His holy law demands. Turn to God away from this unbelief and receive the fullness of Christ's redemption.

Friend, the Gospel was first preached in Genesis 3:15, and yet if that is all we were left with our understanding of the Gospel would be VERY imperfect. The Gospel was signified in Noah's ark, and yet if that is all we were left with our understanding of the Gospel would be very imperfect. It was preached to Abraham, and prefigured in His sacrifice of Isaac and yet even with these, the picture is incomplete. All the ceremonial law is full of types and shadows...none in and of themselves is the fullness. The fullness is CHRIST.

The point is this: to get a clear picture of Christ and the work he came to accomplish, we must take the entirety of the Old Testament and simultaneously hold in view ALL of its types, shadows, prefigurements, significations, symbols, etc. No one or 2 will do. And THEN we must recognize that not even with all of these is Christ completely comprehended. The cross of Jesus Christ is the fullness of revelation. In it we learn God's justice and love. At the cross we see the greatest demonstration of the wrath of God in His holy hatred of sin...the greatest demonstration conceivable. And there we also see the greatest demonstration of God's love to the sinner conceivable. No amount of polemics will teach you that (and there ARE incredible polemics to be made). Because this is not an issue of your being convinced by insurmountable evidence. Its a matter of truth suppression and Gospel unbelief.

Friend, if you cannot see the holiness of God in his hatred of sin and his will to punish it eternally, if you cannot see that God is love, and therefore he also hates everything that opposes what he loves most, which is HIMSELF...if you cannot see that the only way for God to vindicate his righteous name and be just in his justifying sinners is to sacrifice his own son in order to fulfill the righteous requirements of his law...

Well friend, if you cannot see these things it is because you WILL not...you won't...you refuse to. This is Gospel-unbelief and if you persist in it you will die in your sins. Man, in his pride, refuses to see sin for what it is and to see what it requires. He refuses to acknowledge sin as guilt worthy of eternal damnation. Thus man's solution to the problem of sin always misses the mark and he ends up embracing a "gospel" that is impotent to save. Friend, Christ is a great savior. He died to exhaust the wrath of God at your sin, even the sin of refusing believe what God has said about the heinousness of your sin and what His holy law demands. Turn to God away from this unbelief and receive the fullness of Christ's redemption.
No it is merely unbelief in the idea the Son must be punished by and experience the Fathers wrath

Two things which never appear in the pages of scripture

God punishing the son and being the object of his wrath and the Father needing to reconciled by the exhaustion of his wrath

are not the gospel

1 Corinthians 15:1-11 (ESV)
1 Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand,
2 and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures,
4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,
5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.
6 Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep.
7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles.
8 Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me.
9 For I am the least of the apostles, unworthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me.
11 Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.

2 Corinthians 5:19 (ESV)
19 that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.

The cross was about reconciling man not God who was in Christ reconciling the world to himself

Back