H mom claim The only way to remove a fetus at 17 weeks is called "abortion."

But they happen without some human smashing up another human just because they are in another human's womb. Lots of humans dehumanise other humans for their own prejudices using whatever pretext they choose to believe.
Nothing to do with my post or the post of the person I'm talking to. Please don't butt in.

I was addressing what you said in your post.
My post concerned whether miscarriage is also known by the medical term "spontaneous abortion". "Yes they are", "No they are not" or "They are but they shouldn't be." would be responses. What you said was at a complete tangent.

But they happen without some human smashing up another human just because they are in another human's womb. Lots of humans dehumanise other humans for their own prejudices using whatever pretext they choose to believe.
And they happen if adulteresses are commanded to drink "bitter water" abortifacients and say "so be it, so be it".

Yes, and? The relevance to abortion is what exactly?
I was wondering that, too. I mean, BMS was on a tangent before, but this one was completely off topic.

Maybe he/she thought you said "arch-fascist" instead of "arch-fantasist" ?

I must admit I'm completely lost.

The only person lying about miscarriages is the one saying that they are not known medically as spontaneous abortion.

That would be you.

You don't even understand how D&E procedures are done. Jailer jive talk
Why do rabid atheists thrive on lying about my credentials?

Why do pro-deathers violently disagree with my American Board Certified OB sources?

when the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser

You don't even understand how D&E procedures are done.
The difference between us is that I am honest about my lack of knowledge, which paltry though it is, is still greater than yours.
Jailer jive talk
Why do rabid atheists thrive on lying about my credentials?
You are not a rabid atheist, and you are not thriving.
Why do pro-deathers violently disagree with my American Board Certified OB sources?
Neither pro-deathers nor your American Board Certified OB sources exist.
when the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser
You would know. It is the one and only tool you can wield with any facility at all.

But why bring Mao and Pinochet into it?
Because of the killing, as I mentioned. I see the comparison of the killing of humans in abortion with the killing of humans by marxists and fascists, if you don't that is up to you but I decide what I get to contribute to the debate

Because of the killing, as I mentioned. I see the comparison of the killing of humans in abortion with the killing of humans by marxists and fascists, if you don't that is up to you but I decide what I get to contribute to the debate
Why not the killing by Christians, or Hindus, or sharks or mosquitoes, or pathogens?

Why not the killing by Christians, or Hindus, or sharks or mosquitoes, or pathogens?
Why not indeed the killing of other humans by Christians and abortionists for selfish or prejudice reasons
Are you now agreeing with my point?

Why not indeed the killing of other humans by Christians and abortionists for selfish or prejudice reasons
Your point being that people die. As the foetus that dies in an abortion is in no way comparable to a victim of murder or genocide, no, I am not agreeing with your point. I think that your point is facile, lazy and inaccurate, but that has never held you back before.

The point of this thread is that when a fetus dies, whether aided by a doctor or another human or not, it is called an abortion.

The title of this thread was intended to mock me for being aware of that fact, by someone who unwittingly created a 7-page (and counting) homage to his own fraud. It would be comical if it weren't so pathetic.

That said....

We can draw some similarities between murder (when a person dies because another person purposely kills them), manslaughter (when a person accidentally kills another person), or natural death (when a person dies from some other cause, such as disease or non-human accident). All of them result in the death of a human. Death is sad. We miss a loved one when they die, whether they are murdered or they die at the end of a long and prosperous life. But there are differences between these types of death. Thus, the different names and legal definitions. And none of these are "abortion," which is something entirely different.

Now, I will agree that there are similarities between the death of a person before they are born and the death of a person after they are born. But I think the differences are far more than the similarities. These include legal definitions, societal and cultural behavior, emotional, ethical, and many others.

When you compare the slaughter of millions of people (who have already been born) to abortion, you're rejecting the many, many differences between those actions and pretending like they don't exist. It's disingenuous at best, and outright lying at worst.

The truth is, every society and culture, and even the Bible recognize there's a difference between a human before birth and a human after birth. Everyone I know -- even the most ardent pro-choicers (and I'm not as pro-choice as some) agrees it would be better if there were fewer unwanted pregnancies. But rather than outlawing abortion, the far better way to achieve that is to prevent the pregnancies from happening in the first place. This has been proved repeatedly, that when birth control is easily available, abortion decreases, and when birth control is not easily available, abortions increase.

When anti-abortion activists embrace methods to prevent unwanted pregnancies, I join them. Otherwise, they are on the wrong side, period. As long as they fight for decreased access to birth control (which many do), they are fighting for an increase in abortions, whether they realize it or not. And that's something I don't abide. And I don't think God does, either.

The point of this thread is that when a fetus dies, whether aided by a doctor or another human or not, it is called an abortion.

The title of this thread was intended to mock me for being aware of that fact, by someone who unwittingly created a 7-page (and counting) homage to his own fraud. It would be comical if it weren't so pathetic.

That said....

We can draw some similarities between murder (when a person dies because another person purposely kills them), manslaughter (when a person accidentally kills another person), or natural death (when a person dies from some other cause, such as disease or non-human accident). All of them result in the death of a human. Death is sad. We miss a loved one when they die, whether they are murdered or they die at the end of a long and prosperous life. But there are differences between these types of death. Thus, the different names and legal definitions. And none of these are "abortion," which is something entirely different.

Now, I will agree that there are similarities between the death of a person before they are born and the death of a person after they are born. But I think the differences are far more than the similarities. These include legal definitions, societal and cultural behavior, emotional, ethical, and many others.

When you compare the slaughter of millions of people (who have already been born) to abortion, you're rejecting the many, many differences between those actions and pretending like they don't exist. It's disingenuous at best, and outright lying at worst.

The truth is, every society and culture, and even the Bible recognize there's a difference between a human before birth and a human after birth. Everyone I know -- even the most ardent pro-choicers (and I'm not as pro-choice as some) agrees it would be better if there were fewer unwanted pregnancies. But rather than outlawing abortion, the far better way to achieve that is to prevent the pregnancies from happening in the first place. This has been proved repeatedly, that when birth control is easily available, abortion decreases, and when birth control is not easily available, abortions increase.

When anti-abortion activists embrace methods to prevent unwanted pregnancies, I join them. Otherwise, they are on the wrong side, period. As long as they fight for decreased access to birth control (which many do), they are fighting for an increase in abortions, whether they realize it or not. And that's something I don't abide. And I don't think God does, either.
Brilliant. So much more patience and indeed wisdom, than I could ever muster.

Your point being that people die. As the foetus that dies in an abortion is in no way comparable to a victim of murder or genocide, no, I am not agreeing with your point. I think that your point is facile, lazy and inaccurate, but that has never held you back before.
No, not that people die, that was not my point.

The point is that when a human being dies, whether killed by a doctor in pro-choice abortion or another human or not, it is murder.

The idea that the doctor isnt a human being is as deranged as the idea that the human being at foetal stage isnt a human being.

Back