Happy list

Fenuay

I didn't know that the NYE confetti was made of actual written wishes. That's really neat. And I love that the male puppies let the girls win. That's adorable. Baby sloths are adorable too! But I think my favorite is the man who planted so many flowers for his blind wife to smell them!

Mr Laurier

I didn't know that the NYE confetti was made of actual written wishes. That's really neat. And I love that the male puppies let the girls win. That's adorable. Baby sloths are adorable too! But I think my favorite is the man who planted so many flowers for his blind wife to smell them!
:):D:)

Michael R2

Hey guys! I thought this might be kinda fun! I found this article with 40 interesting and fun uplifting facts. Scan through and share your favorites!!!

The one I liked best was the moonbows. I've seen them twice in my life and both times just stood in place until they faded away. What a gorgeous sight!

Fenuay

The one I liked best was the moonbows. I've seen them twice in my life and both times just stood in place until they faded away. What a gorgeous sight!
How lucky! I've never seen one! But I can imagine the beauty! I love watching the sunrise and sunset and moon phases. The universe is beautiful.

Thistle

The item about pizza for breakfast being better for you than cereals. That speaks volumes about the quality of food in breakfast cereal. But the idea about smiling actually makes you happier that seems to align with my experience.

Fenuay

The item about pizza for breakfast being better for you than cereals. That speaks volumes about the quality of food in breakfast cereal. But the idea about smiling actually makes you happier that seems to align with my experience.
Good point! I wasn't thinking about how bad the breakfast cereals are. When I actually ate cereal I preferred meuslix or other nutty grainy cereals. But yeah so many of our food sources are bad for us now.

Mike McK

When the kids were little and we would try to get them to eat vegetables, we'd make a pizza. Kids like anything they can eat with their fingers. Pizza can be quite healthy if you do it right.

Thistle

When the kids were little and we would try to get them to eat vegetables, we'd make a pizza. Kids like anything they can eat with their fingers. Pizza can be quite healthy if you do it right.
Pizza would be pretty healthy if you left off the meat and the cheese. The higher up on the food chain you go to dairy and meat your body just has a harder time making good use of those nutrients.

Mr Laurier

Good point! I wasn't thinking about how bad the breakfast cereals are. When I actually ate cereal I preferred meuslix or other nutty grainy cereals. But yeah so many of our food sources are bad for us now.
Most advertised kids breakfast cereals are sugar and artificial flavourings. Ants wont eat them. Granolas are better for you.
That said, I like a picnic lunch of fruit, cheese, smoked sausage, coarse bread, and wine.
This, in a clearing in the woods, or in the cockpit of a boat.

Fenuay

Pizza would be pretty healthy if you left off the meat and the cheese. The higher up on the food chain you go to dairy and meat your body just has a harder time making good use of those nutrients.
Yeah but the
Most advertised kids breakfast cereals are sugar and artificial flavourings. Ants wont eat them. Granolas are better for you.
That said, I like a picnic lunch of fruit, cheese, smoked sausage, coarse bread, and wine.
This, in a clearing in the woods, or in the cockpit of a boat.
That sounds perfect! Who wouldn't want to join you for that! 😊

Authentic Nouveau

Plus the red sauce itself is a single serving of fruit. Educational opportunity to learn tomatoes are fruit. Same with jalapenos.

Thistle

Yeah but the

That sounds perfect! Who wouldn't want to join you for that! 😊
Remember the experiment where Daniel and his friends were permitted to eat vegetables rather than the kings rich food? The reason that most people who eat a western diet look like King Henry VIII, is the western diet is pretty much like what king Henry the eighth ate. The difference is, in those days they thought of gout was a status symbol. In those days you had to be pretty well off to eat in such a way as to contract gout. We think of the Chinese is being very thin physically fit looking people. If you go to China now an extraordinary number of people look like Americans. It's because they've adopted our diet. Every human population in history that got most of their calories from starch and most of their nutrients from vegetables have been successful in terms of health and population growth. When they got wealthy and could afford lots of meat and dairy they grew unhealthy. Think about people who get most of their calories from meats like the Inuit Eskimos. Their health is horrendous it's worse than American's health. But more important the population is not successful. There aren't many examples like the Inuit Eskimos, but every place you find them you find a few people and bad health.

Last edited:

Mr Laurier

Remember the experiment where Daniel and his friends were permitted to eat vegetables rather than the kings rich food? The reason that most people who eat a western diet look like King Henry VIII, is the western diet is pretty much like what king Henry the eighth ate. The difference is, in those days they thought of gout was a status symbol. In those days you had to be pretty well off to eat in such a way as to contract gout. We think of the Chinese is being very thin physically fit looking people. If you go to China now an extraordinary number of people look like Americans. It's because they've adopted our diet. Every human population in history that got most of their calories from starch and most of their nutrients from vegetables have been successful in terms of health and population growth. When they got wealthy and could afford lots of meat and dairy they grew unhealthy. Think about people who get most of their calories from meats like the Inuit Eskimos. Their health is horrendous it's worse than American's health. But more important the population is not successful. There aren't many examples like the Inuit Eskimos, but every place you find them you find a few people and bad health.
Indeed.
I'm trying to remember the last time I ate at a MacDonalds. Some time in the 1990s.
White bread is another killer. Cheap and ubiquitous. Its the filler that the poor use to ease pangs of hunger. Leading to an obese population that is deeply malnourished.

Fenuay

Indeed.
I'm trying to remember the last time I ate at a MacDonalds. Some time in the 1990s.
White bread is another killer. Cheap and ubiquitous. Its the filler that the poor use to ease pangs of hunger. Leading to an obese population that is deeply malnourished.
I agree. Cheese and Wine are better anyway. 😉

Fenuay

Indeed.
Not sure why this was moved. I guess happiness isn't a societal concern.